sure cant question kwame as a man 2 man defender
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: sure cant question kwame as a man 2 man defender

vs almost all allstar big men he gives them hell.. dont forget how he stood his ground as legally as anyone could vs shaq, and now is doing it again vs yao
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I agree.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Thats his single strength. The guy is built like a bull.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I sure hope this isn't a mirage.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: sure cant question kwame as a man 2 man defender

bambam wrote:
vs almost all allstar big men he gives them hell.. dont forget how he stood his ground as legally as anyone could vs shaq, and now is doing it again vs yao

Don't worry. Most here would still rather see Mihm foul out guarding the likes of Yao & Shaq, or better yet...Cook defending the big guys. Haven't you heard...Kwame is absolutely worthless. Doesn't do 1 darn thing right and should be riding the bench waiting to be traded..... :roll:
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Exactly Bam. His low-post D is absolutely spectacular 1-on-1. I can't remember 1 player going off on him in the post this year. I can't stand to watch him attempt a layup, but I LOVE to watch him D up. His ability to play post D is why I'm content with the trade. It had to be made so that post players wouldn't abuse us. Might as well get the best low-block defender available cause Caron HAD to be moved as he was going to be a FA this summer.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Strokke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I wish Kwame could live up to my personal hopes with an offensive game that we could be proud of, but I can deal with his stone hands if he continues to D up like this.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Kwame really needs to work with a guy like Ho Grant. Help him out in the offense on grabbing Offensive boards and going up without rushing the layup.

Kwame's game is alot like Ho Grant's Bulls days.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Strokke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't Grant known for his 15 footers when he played? I would guess Kwame plays more like Rodman
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Kwame really needs to work with a guy like Ho Grant. Help him out in the offense on grabbing Offensive boards and going up without rushing the layup.

If kwame could fill that role it would be awesome.

Fat chance though. Dont disrespect horace like that. Very underrated player and contributor.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

Actually the person who suggested a sports psychologist is probably the most correct about what would be the most help to Kwame offensively. He HAS the talent. He just needs help getting his head together.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: sure cant question kwame as a man 2 man defender

Aussiesuede wrote:
bambam wrote:

Don't worry. Most here would still rather see Mihm foul out guarding the likes of Yao & Shaq, or better yet...Cook defending the big guys. Haven't you heard...Kwame is absolutely worthless. Doesn't do 1 darn thing right and should be riding the bench waiting to be traded..... :roll:

Was that sarcasm?

funny...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Well done Kwame.

No, aussie. Most here would like more than just a low block defender. He should be giving the team 12/8 too.

And I said in all the Kwame hate threads that his one asset to this team is his low block defense.

However, it's only valuable when they face some tough matchups in there like tonight.

If he's not doing what he did tonight - he is useless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

This is one of the few times I will go against what Phil normally does with this team. Kwame should NEVER play PF (ok, maybe never is too strong) ... he is best as an old fashion low post defender. He can't guard a good PF but he is great against big centers. Best one-on-one low post defender we have by far. I'd rather see Mihm take on the big PFs and keep Kwame in the middle. Or ... go back to the two headed monster at center ... KwaMihm and let's see if Cook can keep this up.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Well done Kwame.

No, aussie. Most here would like more than just a low block defender. He should be giving the team 12/8 too.

And I said in all the Kwame hate threads that his one asset to this team is his low block defense.

However, it's only valuable when they face some tough matchups in there like tonight.

If he's not doing what he did tonight - he is useless.

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree on the "useless" part. But leave no doubt that I've always been accused of being too patient. My patience pays off about 80% of the time and backfires the other 20%. I hope Kwame doesn't end up in that 20%. So I'm unable to join you in the "He's useless" ranks just yet. But no worries. I'm certainly the one in the lonely position with my continued support for Kwame....
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree on the "useless" part. But leave no doubt that I've always been accused of being too patient. My patience pays off about 80% of the time and backfires the other 20%. I hope Kwame doesn't end up in that 20%. So I'm unable to join you in the "He's useless" ranks just yet. But no worries. I'm certainly the one in the lonely position with my continued support for Kwame

I want Kwame to do well.

But if he's not doing what he did tonight - how is he really helping the team?

Anyway, forget this. Kwame had a good defensive night. I will give him props for that and leave it at that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

He should play defense like today every game. But can he? :roll:
vism
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Kwame can defend against centers....he's proven that against Snaq and Yao. The jury's still out on what he can do against the PF's like Brand, Garnett, Amare, Duncan....much more mobile big men.
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

vism wrote:
Kwame can defend against centers....he's proven that against Snaq and Yao. The jury's still out on what he can do against the PF's like Brand, Garnett, Amare, Duncan....much more mobile big men.

I think its clear kwame is not a power forward, He's always been a center to me. he just does not have the skill or the hands to play PF!

the Lakers have three centers Mihm, kwame, and Bynum not a bad threesome. all we need now is a real power forward! at this point all we got is Cookie, Turiaf, and and an injured Slava!...not a very good threesome. hopefully Ronnie developes, he's really all we got at that position
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Kwame is a strong dude, if you just dump the ball into the big and tries to overpower Kwame, he can bang with the best of them. He gets in trouble if the opposing center is mobile and they run screens and pick and roll. But overall a nice effort by Kwame, now if he can only comes out the next game with the same effort.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: sure cant question kwame as a man 2 man defender

bambam wrote:

I think Kwame can play well when he's motivated. Which is mostly on and off. Maybe Phil's comments on his play fired him up. Hopefully he can stay that way. It's a shame. A guy with that kind of physical stats should be doing better than 6 pts 6 rbs a game. Put Cook's shooting mindset in Kwame's body and you have an elite PF.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

It was kind of sad seeing Yao fall to the ground so easily, possession after possession. I don't even mean a few times, it really felt like he fell on his arse on every possession.

Kwame's impact on a game doesn't show up in the statsheet. He did a good job of holding his ground tonight. I think he broke Yao's will.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Many of us have been saying this since the summer:

Let Kwame play C and let Mihm play PF.

Mihm has a much better all around offensive game and he doesn't give up so much weight and strength to the PF's.

Phil's the coach. I'm just watching. Every game. Damn - I'm a junkie.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Actually the person who suggested a sports psychologist is probably the most correct about what would be the most help to Kwame offensively. He HAS the talent. He just needs help getting his head together.

Thanks.

I think the guy has performance anxiety.

I don't claim the ability to due a psychological diagnosis over the tv but that appears to be the problem.

A good sports psychologist could do wonders for Kwame.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: sure cant question kwame as a man 2 man defender

bambam wrote:

True, but I've never questions his man-to-man.

It's his rotations & team-defense which have always been pitiful.

Hopefully he can get better with those as the season goes on, cuz it's
already cost us a couple of games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: