Caron Butler kickin' ass and takin' names
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Caron is a fine player. A very good one. I loved him when he was a Laker - and he loved being a Laker. But we had to trade him. We weren't going to blow the 2007 plan for Caron Butler. That plan is to acquire a Max Caliber FA so that we add a true star next to Kobe, with Lamar running the team, rebounding the ball and setting them up in addition to adding some 3rd option scoring. That puts us in contention if it's the right player. Caron does not offer us that - we already tried that last year, remember? We were in the lottery.

We were never going to spend a fortune to re-sign Caron and he deserved to go somewhere that would offer him that. Doesn't mean we have to insult or minimize him. He was and is a good player who just didn't have a future on this team.
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I've excepted the idea of an actual plan regarding Caron. we really couldnt afford to pay him waht he was worth (market value) not actual reality value. plus Kwame as an experiment: either he works out as a player or his high expiring contract is a very desirable situation for some team. we win in either case. I can except managements thinking on this one!
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:
I've excepted the idea of an actual plan regarding Caron. we really couldnt afford to pay him waht he was worth (market value) not actual reality value. plus Kwame as an experiment: either he works out as a player or his high expiring contract is a very desirable situation for some team. we win in either case. I can except managements thinking on this one!

accept - 1 To receive (something offered), especially with gladness or approval: accepted a glass of water; accepted their contract.

a) To regard as proper, usual, or right: Such customs are widely accepted.
b) To regard as true; believe in: Scientists have accepted the new theory.
c) To understand as having a specific meaning.

except -prep. With the exclusion of; other than; but: everyone except me.

conj.
1.If it were not for the fact that; only. Often used with that: I would buy the suit, except that it costs too much.

2. Otherwise than: They didn't open their mouths except to complain.

3.Unless: “And ne'er throughout the year to church thou go'st/Except it be to pray against thy foes” (Shakespeare).

Hope that is usefull.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: