Clippers looking to build new arena
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Please let it happen. Please
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
It's like the big brother kicking the little brother out of his room.

More like the big brother bullying the little brother so much that the little brother runs to mom begging for his own room
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I heard Mosul is a great underdeveloped location.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Just leave already....You never belonged in Staples...Get out!!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

They should go back to San Diego.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
They should go back to San Diego.

(bleep) NO!!! San Diegans are Lakers fan just ask Ron Burgandy
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

They should had stayed in Anaheim when they chance, but no Donald Sterling's dumbs** decided to move to Staples Center at the last minute thus why no in so cal liked him.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Yea, get the (bleep) out of our dome and then our city, too. These (bleep) don't belong here. Move to the IE lol
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

HeatCandela wrote:
Yea, get the (bleep) out of our dome and then our city, too. These (bleep) don't belong here. Move to the IE lol

The 909 would be a good fit for the Clippers. I could imagine all those meth addicts getting behind that team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

HELL NO DO NOT MOVE THEM TO THE IE!!

Disbanded
Seattle
Vegas
San Diego
Anaheim

That is the order of preference
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
HELL NO DO NOT MOVE THEM TO THE IE!!

Disbanded
Seattle
Vegas
San Diego
Anaheim

That is the order of preference

They could had stayed in Anaheim, but Doland Sterling ruined everything.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

HeatCandela wrote:

Bigoted statement. IE has always been Laker country.

I for one, would like them to stay in Los Angeles. They help keep Laker nation pure of haters and losers. They do this by attracting haters and losers and keeping them.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
HeatCandela wrote:

The 909 would be a good fit for the Clippers. I could imagine all those meth addicts getting behind that team.

Sorry, we don't use out here, we cook and sell to Clipper fans in Los Angeles.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Seattle or San Diego needs a team.

If they moved to Seattle I think I would actually cheer for them. I've tried many, many times to cheer for them since they're an LA team too but try as I might I can never bring myself to. They would be

a) a surrogate LA team living in Seattle
b) give Seattle and its deserving fans a fun, exciting team

The Lakers are mine, but I think it's good for one's heart to spread the love.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I dunno guys. It'll take a while to take take down all those banners....errm.. selfies.

In seriousness, they should just move to Seattle. I'm sure Ballmer could do alot of crazy joint ventures with his buddy Paul Allen (Seahawks/Trailblazers). Also, Super Sonics coming back would be awesome and an amazing story for the NBA. Lastly, Seattle fans deserve an NBA team, and the Clippers really have no reason to exist.

Last edited by panamaniac on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers looking to build new arena

pmacla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:
Kevin Arnovitz ‏@kevinarnovitz 6m6 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
NBA sources say Clippers are actively exploring sites for new arena. One area that interests: Westside. Staples Ctr lase runs thru 2024.

please get out of Staples, but considering the immense land costs on the Westside and that City and State wont give them a penny, I see this as phase 1 of Balmers plan to move them to Seattle or Las Vegas, saying look we need our own arena we cant compete

Hard to imagine why he'd move the team, since that would significantly decrease the franchise's value. He just renewed the lease for Staples, so nothing will happen for almost a decade.

he personally would make a ton of money he could charge a premium price and not be the step child for tickets and Clippers have one of the worst TV deals in NBA he would get a ton of money for TV rights going back to Seattle

Hard to imagine TV rights or ticket prices in Seattle would trump what the Clippers could get in LA. Market just isn't big enough. I mean, if an NBA team leaves you for Oklahoma City, you know your city doesn't exactly rain down dollars on an NBA team. I would guess moving from LA to Seattle would cut the franchise value by at least 50%. Will never happen.

they left Seattle because the owners before the oil guy who bought them couldnt get funding for an arena and good ole Clay lied and moved them first chance he could

That was part of it, for sure But the Sonics were also losing money, and the arena they abandoned as inadequate is actually making more money than it did when the Sonics played there.

And a big part of the reason the Clippers sold for so much was because it was based in Los Angeles. Can't imagine anyone ponying up $2 billion for the Seattle Clippers.

I can't really see a basis for thinking that a move from LA to Seattle would benefit Ballmer financially. And there's no indication, other than wishful thinking by Lakers fans, that he plans to do so.

L
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if they'll try to latch on to the Rams' new property.

Come to think of it, though ... it would be weird to build a new arena next to the Forum.

Alternately, they can try to get something along the subway extension. Not sure it will be ready by then.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Good, hurry up and leave, so they don't have to cover up the Lakers banners during their home games like some insecure sissy.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers looking to build new arena

activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:
NBA sources say Clippers are actively exploring sites for new arena. One area that interests: Westside. Staples Ctr lase runs thru 2024.

please get out of Staples, but considering the immense land costs on the Westside and that City and State wont give them a penny, I see this as phase 1 of Balmers plan to move them to Seattle or Las Vegas, saying look we need our own arena we cant compete

Hard to imagine why he'd move the team, since that would significantly decrease the franchise's value. He just renewed the lease for Staples, so nothing will happen for almost a decade.

he personally would make a ton of money he could charge a premium price and not be the step child for tickets and Clippers have one of the worst TV deals in NBA he would get a ton of money for TV rights going back to Seattle

Hard to imagine TV rights or ticket prices in Seattle would trump what the Clippers could get in LA. Market just isn't big enough. I mean, if an NBA team leaves you for Oklahoma City, you know your city doesn't exactly rain down dollars on an NBA team. I would guess moving from LA to Seattle would cut the franchise value by at least 50%. Will never happen.

they left Seattle because the owners before the oil guy who bought them couldnt get funding for an arena and good ole Clay lied and moved them first chance he could

That was part of it, for sure But the Sonics were also losing money, and the arena they abandoned as inadequate is actually making more money than it did when the Sonics played there.

And a big part of the reason the Clippers sold for so much was because it was based in Los Angeles. Can't imagine anyone ponying up $2 billion for the Seattle Clippers.

I can't really see a basis for thinking that a move from LA to Seattle would benefit Ballmer financially. And there's no indication, other than wishful thinking by Lakers fans, that he plans to do so.

L

Ballmer might lose money right away by moving to Seattle, but in the long run he could make money because he would attract a loyal fanbase of people from the Seattle area, instead of bandwagon fans in the L.A. area who only started rooting for the Clippers when they became a good team and partly because they hate the Lakers.

Maybe after a few years, moving the Clippers to Seattle would give them an overhaul in terms of their image and reputation across the nation. I think that means a lot in terms of valuation in the business world, especially since it seems like some of that has to do with speculation and revenue potential in the near future (I'm not a business or econ expert). Especially since they would probably take on the Sonics colors and unis and stuff if they moved there.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Kool and the Gang was playing in my head when I read this. Celebrate good times!!!
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers looking to build new arena

slavavov wrote:
activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:

L

Ballmer might lose money right away by moving to Seattle, but in the long run he could make money because he would attract a loyal fanbase of people from the Seattle area, instead of bandwagon fans in the L.A. area who only started rooting for the Clippers when they became a good team and partly because they hate the Lakers.

Maybe after a few years, moving the Clippers to Seattle would give them an overhaul in terms of their image and reputation across the nation. I think that means a lot in terms of valuation in the business world, especially since it seems like some of that has to do with speculation and revenue potential in the near future (I'm not a business or econ expert). Especially since they would probably take on the Sonics colors and unis and stuff if they moved there.

I agree. I think the Clippers, having been poor for so long, have a lot of "true" fans who have been faithful to them all through the years. I'm sure Seattleites would rather have a team from scratch, but I'm sure they would be thrilled getting the Clippers. It would be interesting to see how many Clippers fans, if such a move occurred, would jump ship to the Lakers. I think it would be quite a lot. If anyone's been harboring any Laker envy, that would be their chance to finally join the crew.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
Seems kind of pointless to even talk about this right now their staples center lease runs out in 2024. That's a long time away.

We wouldn't know if they have any Early Termination rights in their lease. Hopefully they negotiated that in, so that they could get the (you know what) out've here!
Ingram14
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject:

The Las Vegas Clippers?!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers looking to build new arena

pmacla wrote:
Quote:

If the Clippers move, it won't be within Los Angeles. The logistical and financial constraints are just too great. Especially if the Westside is the target. There's nowhere that such a plan would work.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Negotiating ploy?

Gotta be. There's no way they're leaving.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: