This young team is about to take us on a ride
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: This young team is about to take us on a ride

I keep hearing and reading about how terrible this team is gonna be and how we are gonna come in last place in the west. Because of how bad we have been, it's become tradition now to just trash the lakers while ignoring that quietly, they have put together and young and exciting team that's gonna shock the NBA....this season!

No, I'm not saying that we are gonna win th championship or nothing like that but, we will be muc better than people think. Theses guys are gonna come on, healthy, in shape and eager to learn Luke's system and start to rebuild the Lakers mystique. I think they are all motivated to be the ones to restore the glory of Lakers past! They are going to be exciting and energetic and will set the league on fire.

This will be similar to the 94/95 team when Nick, Eddie, Ced, AP, Vlade and Elden came out of nowhere to make a name for themselves.

Along with the underrated veteran signings, this team will finish above 500, and make the playoffs. Our young guys will be the talk of the league and we will finally start to see the clouds break and some sun start to shine.

Get ready for a ride. It's gonna be fun!
KobeDGreatesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

You just compared us to a Lakers era that didn't win anything
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject:

KobeDGreatesss wrote:
And? Lots of our Laker teams didn't win it all. Including the Shaq/Kobe era where it took 4 years before we won a chip.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

KobeDGreatesss wrote:

That Lakers team set the foundation for our championship team. You have to take baby steps and start somewhere. This is the start!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:

That Lakers team set the foundation for our championship team. You have to take baby steps and start somewhere. This is the start!
Agreed. The genesis.
KobeDGreatesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:
And? Lots of our Laker teams didn't win it all. Including the Shaq/Kobe era and the Kobe/Pau era. What's your point?

??? Shaq/Kobe won it all 3 Kobe/Gasol 2x
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:

I like the positivity!
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I think if they duplicate the 93/94 squads record of 33-49 we should throw a freaking party
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

KobeDGreatesss wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KobeDGreatesss wrote:
And? Lots of our Laker teams didn't win it all. Including the Shaq/Kobe era and the Kobe/Pau era. What's your point?

??? Shaq/Kobe won it all 3 Kobe/Gasol 2x
Read the edit.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

KobeDGreatesss wrote:

Lakers were 48-34 in 1994-1995. If we hit that mark, that would be one of the five best single-season turnarounds in NBA history.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: This young team is about to take us on a ride

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Along with the underrated veteran signings, this team will finish above 500, and make the playoffs. Our young guys will be the talk of the league and we will finally start to see the clouds break and some sun start to shine.

I admire your optimism.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Death to the tank!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Death to the tank!!!

LET'S GO LAKERS!!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Death to the tank!!!

The tank
Ingram14
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I hope so.

But judging from all of Clarkson's TMZ dating reports, he might need someone to have him refocus his energies on basketball.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject:

...Down the toilet bowl.

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject:

GO LEKARS!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I think we'll start below .200 for the first month or two, and finish playing above .500 ball the last few weeks.

I think 37 wins would be wildly successful this year. What I care most about is how well this team comes together on the court and incorporates what Luke tries to teach them.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I think we'll start below .200 for the first month or two, and finish playing above .500 ball the last few weeks.

I think 37 wins would be wildly successful this year. What I care most about is how well this team comes together on the court and incorporates what Luke tries to teach them.

Agree.

I hope one of the young guys turn into a star.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: This young team is about to take us on a ride

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I keep hearing and reading about how terrible this team is gonna be and how we are gonna come in last place in the west. Because of how bad we have been, it's become tradition now to just trash the lakers while ignoring that quietly, they have put together and young and exciting team that's gonna shock the NBA....this season!

No, I'm not saying that we are gonna win th championship or nothing like that but, we will be muc better than people think. Theses guys are gonna come on, healthy, in shape and eager to learn Luke's system and start to rebuild the Lakers mystique. I think they are all motivated to be the ones to restore the glory of Lakers past! They are going to be exciting and energetic and will set the league on fire.

This will be similar to the 94/95 team when Nick, Eddie, Ced, AP, Vlade and Elden came out of nowhere to make a name for themselves.

I grew up watching that 94/95 Lakers team. I loved it. They brought the fight every game and even made some noise in the playoffs. No Hall of Famers but a couple of all stars and players hitting their prime. And Coach of the Year Del Harris?

I doubt we'll have the same success in the standings, but if we have that same energy and enthusiasm each game... we are definitely in for a fun ride.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: This young team is about to take us on a ride

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

There are some parallels, but the 94/95 team was coming from a stronger place (17th in offensive rating, 22nd in defensive rating the previous year), so they didn't need to improve as much as we do to turn losses into wins. Also, their young guys were more seasoned (Ceballos was in his 5th year, Divac in his 6th, Campbell his 5th, Peeler his 3rd).

I'm looking for improvement, but don't expect anything close to a playoff appearance.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject:

Hey it's the off season...
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: This young team is about to take us on a ride

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I'am not sure about that but I appreciate your positivity and confidence.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject:

One aspect that tends to get overlooked when discussing the "young team" is the young coaching staff.

So far I have loved the change in attitude and enthusiasm expressed by the players in interviews. The genuinely seem excited about playing for these coaches. Not just the young players but the vets stating how Walton convinced them to sign with the Lakers.

The players seem to be buying into the plan and expectations. They should be much more competitive. Going to be interesting to see if it actually turns into wins though.

So far very optimistic about the culture change.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: This young team is about to take us on a ride

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I realize that the last few years have been dissappointing and wildly below the standards of the best NBA franchise in history

but

I think people that talk about how we cannot compete for a last playoff spot this year are just bracing themselves for the worst that can happen.

This team is going to be in the conversation for at least that last playoff spot right till the end......

Kobe....who will probably be my all time favorite player....has now ridden off into the sunset allowing the young core to now take their place at the table....this was needed to progress because you cannot limit the minutes/games of your "go to player" and expect to win.....the KFT was a special thing that the lakers did for Kobe....but now its about winning

This team has gone from a old.....dont employ a offense that requires up and down the floor......hope nobody gets hurt because of fast pace and too many games to a young core biult out of the lotter.......young fresh legs....with JUST ENOUGH veteran presence to be the glue to hold it together.

This team is gonna look different this year......and Luke Walton may just be the deciding factor on how many games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: