Who else really wants to beat the hell out of the wolves?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

with Byron as the coach we where 4 pts away from sweeping them last year so I dont think they are that far ahead of us if at all
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

I rather beat the Warriors.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I rather beat the Warriors.

Exactly, I'm sure our coach is thinking the same thing.

We can't afford to kick back against anyone but at the same time we should be zeroing in on teams like the Warriors and clippers, who we owe payback to, not the t-pups
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

I don't really care about the Wolves. Its hard for me to be interested in them because they've been bad for so long. They are an example of how rebuilding through the draft can go horribly wrong. A decade of lottery picks and they still aren't a playoff team. They finally look like they have the young talent to make it happen.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

I think since most of them haven't reached their potential. The best way to compare them is by PERCEIVED value. What Laker player comes closest to KAT value?

KAT - Ingram
Wiggins - D'Angelo
Dunn - Randle
Lavine - Clarkson

Beyond these 4, Rubio is 26 and still can't shoot so he has lost his luster. While we have two more young guys we're excited about in Zubac and Nance. Overall, we have more young talent than the Wolves.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I think since most of them haven't reached their potential. The best way to compare them is by PERCEIVED value. What Laker player comes closest to KAT value?

KAT - Ingram
Wiggins - D'Angelo
Dunn - Randle
Lavine - Clarkson

Beyond these 4, Rubio is 26 and still can't shoot so he has lost his luster. While we have two more young guys we're excited about in Zubac and Nance. Overall, we have more young talent than the Wolves.

You also forgot that they have 2 really nice young studs in Dieng and Shabazz.
tothesky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

Putting the Lakers fandom aside; I'd much rather have KAT and Wiggins than what we have. Both bring it on both ends of the floor, and I fee both of them have superstar ability.

I like our young core, but I also believe that the Wolves are in the best spot when talking about that next wave.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

Obviously there are other teams that I'd get more satisfaction beating, but that wasn't the question. I think the match up with the T-wolves is most interesting. 2 young teams on the up and up. Draft pick match ups. Coaching match ups.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Obviously there are other teams that I'd get more satisfaction beating, but that wasn't the question. I think the match up with the T-wolves is most interesting. 2 young teams on the up and up. Draft pick match ups. Coaching match ups.

Exactly. Reading some of the posts in this thread you'd think the Lakers are only allowed to try to beat 1 or 2 teams LOL

Look guys, we all want the team to WIN as much as possible. That's not the point of this thread. Projecting teams with the similar a forecast/timeline as us and the wolves provide the most interesting match-up and potential for a rivalry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

tothesky wrote:
Putting the Lakers fandom aside; I'd much rather have KAT and Wiggins than what we have. Both bring it on both ends of the floor, and I fee both of them have superstar ability.

I like our young core, but I also believe that the Wolves are in the best spot when talking about that next wave.

In terms of potential, Ingram has both of them beat... by a good amount IMO. In fact, I don't think there has been a prospect with as high of a ceiling as Ingram in the last few drafts. We're talking about someone who could very well end up 6'11'' with a 7'4'' wingspan. His body isn't done filling out yet. This means there will be nothing he won't be able to do on the floor. He's mobile and quick enough to play and defend the 1,2,3 and will be able to play the 4,5 as he builds up strength. People may call him the next Giannis, but he has an NBA ready three point shot.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
tothesky wrote:

In terms of potential, Ingram has both of them beat... by a good amount IMO. In fact, I don't think there has been a prospect with as high of a ceiling as Ingram in the last few drafts. We're talking about someone who could very well end up 6'11'' with a 7'4'' wingspan. His body isn't done filling out yet. This means there will be nothing he won't be able to do on the floor. He's mobile and quick enough to play and defend the 1,2,3 and will be able to play the 4,5 as he builds up strength. People may call him the next Giannis, but he has an NBA ready three point shot.
You're one cat around these parts who's enthusiasm and devotion to our young core is admirable however, gotta disagree with this one here. KAT will be a monster and has potential to be as good as anyone in the league. Out of the last 2 draft years, imo, I take him over everyone. Wiggins? Maybe. I love the tools he's got. Maybe it's cause he's Canadian but I think he'll be an all-star but I'd rather have D'ice or Slim over him. Maybe that's my Laker bias.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
tothesky wrote:

You're one cat around these parts who's enthusiasm and devotion to our young core is admirable however, gotta disagree with this one here. KAT will be a monster and has potential to be as good as anyone in the league. Out of the last 2 draft years, imo, I take him over everyone. Wiggins? Maybe. I love the tools he's got. Maybe it's cause he's Canadian but I think he'll be an all-star but I'd rather have D'ice or Slim over him. Maybe that's my Laker bias.

Well, I'm just relaying what the league and scouts are saying about Ingram. Even Durant said Ingram was further along than him at the same age. The only real knock on Ingram is his strength, but I think that will get sorted out in a few seasons. He's going to be a match-up nightmare with his ability to defend and play multiple positions. I wouldn't bet against him in the coming years. If Luke feels like he got the #1 pick in the draft, I'm inclined to agree with him. I genuinely think the Lakers lucked out here, as they drafted a player that cannot be neutralized.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

KAT - Ingram
Wiggins - D'Angelo
Dunn - Randle
Lavine - Clarkson

You also forgot that they have 2 really nice young studs in Dieng and Shabazz.

Dieng, a little older like Rubio at 26. Shabazz is okay. But with more volume, we started to see he didn't shoot the three as well. In that case, I'd like to extend our young ones to Tarik Black and Anthony Brown. We still deeper...
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

tothesky wrote:

We'll see. KAT's is a nice player in today's league, but in terms of seeing indicators where he'll join the likes of Hakeem, David Robinson, Shaq etc. I didn't see it. He wasn't as impactful as David Robinson or Shaq's debut where their teams completely turnaround. So It's not quite obvious to me that I would want him over any of my Lakers, especially Ingram's ceiling. But definitely he's the best player of the two teams right now. I've never been a big Wiggins fan. No elite handles, so right off the bat, he's not going to be in MJ/Lebron/Kobe class. He's more Vince Carter/Jerry Stackhouse class. I've always said he's a longer Stackhouse.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
tothesky wrote:

We'll see. KAT's is a nice player in today's league, but in terms of seeing indicators where he'll join the likes of Hakeem, David Robinson, Shaq etc. I didn't see it. He wasn't as impactful as David Robinson or Shaq's debut where their teams completely turnaround. So It's not quite obvious to me that I would want him over any of my Lakers, especially Ingram's ceiling. But definitely he's the best player of the two teams right now. I've never been a big Wiggins fan. No elite handles, so right off the bat, he's not going to be in MJ/Lebron/Kobe class. He's more Vince Carter/Jerry Stackhouse class. I've always said he's a longer Stackhouse.

David Robinson and Shaq are your comparisons. How old was DRob his rookie year? Shaq had some quality young players shooters on his rookie team. Also, league was geared around big men. You still might be right that he is not in those and certainly not Hakeems category (actually i think you are right), but these comparisons are not great apples to apples comparisons.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
tothesky wrote:

This is a good point. I think someone brought it up earlier but those guys changed the landscapes of their teams and it was obvious from the get-go. I wouldn't call Towns a generational player like that just yet, but he has the capacity to turn into one in the coming seasons. I'm rooting for him to do well, but that doesn't mean I'm going to write Ingram off the way people are doing here. That's just a little depressing to be honest.

The thing with these early projections is that they go through the window when you put Ingram's age and upside into the equation. You can't quantify it into an equation because Ingram doesn't have an endpoint on his ceiling. What happens if he grows a few more inches? He's still 18. That changes everything.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

It's so hard to hate KAT. Such a great off the court personality and great player on the court.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's so hard to hate KAT. Such a great off the court personality and great player on the court.

I'm not sure if anyone is hating. It's just the notion that people aren't willing to wait and see that's a little off putting, particularly when Ingram has as high of a ceiling, if not higher.

It's kind of like Tyreke's historic rookie season. KAT will have to adjust to being scouted. That doesn't mean he's not going to be a beast still. I don't think it's hating on him one bit.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kid can ball on both ends of the floor. So versatile. The perfect modern day big.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone is hating. It's just the notion that people aren't willing to wait and see that's a little off putting, particularly when Ingram has as high of a ceiling, if not higher.

It's kind of like Tyreke's historic rookie season. KAT will have to adjust to being scouted. That doesn't mean he's not going to be a beast still. I don't think it's hating on him one bit.

I just don't understand how you think he would be a flash-in-the-pan like Tyreke, particularly when you're extrapolating favorably for our Ingram. KAT has shown legit all-NBA skills while lots of his draft class mates are still figuring things out.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I just don't understand how you think he would be a flash-in-the-pan like Tyreke, particularly when you're extrapolating favorably for our Ingram. KAT has shown legit all-NBA skills while lots of his draft class mates are still figuring things out.

No one is saying that. And how exactly was Tyreke's historic rookie season a flash in the pan? He was projected to be an epic player. Injuries played some part in his demise but the expectations were still sky high for him.

The willingness to write off our own players while highly praising others, especially when our cats weren't given the fair chance is a little distressing. I hate these kind of projections because it's ridiculously early to tell.

Again, no one is hating on KAT here. I don't know how taking a wait and see approach with Ingram equates to hating KAT.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The willingness to write off our own players while highly praising others, especially when our cats weren't given the fair chance is a little distressing. I hate these kind of projections because it's ridiculously early to tell.

Distressing? Come on, that's melodramatic. You know how high I'm on DLO/Ingram. I just think KAT is higher. No reason why that can't exist together.

Lakers don't get to keep all the top players you know.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Distressing? Come on, that's melodramatic. You know how high I'm on DLO/Ingram. I just think KAT is higher. No reason why that can't exist together.

I think my point (and Runway8's) was that Ingram can be a top player, since his ceiling his sky-high. There are so many unknowns about him, but not enough to warrant writing him off like this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I think my point (and Runway8's) was that Ingram can be a top player, since his ceiling his sky-high. There are so many unknowns about him, but not enough to warrant writing him off like this.

Who is writing off Ingram? He hasn't played a single NBA minute while KAT just won unanimous ROY.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No one is saying that. And how exactly was Tyreke's historic rookie season a flash in pan? He was projected to be an epic player. Injuries played some part in his demise but the expectations were still sky high for him.

Again, no one is hating on KAT here. I don't know how taking a wait and see approach with Ingram equates to hating KAT.
Bruh, no one is doing that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: