Who else really wants to beat the hell out of the wolves?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
The willingness to write off our own players while highly praising others, especially when our cats weren't given the fair chance is a little distressing. I hate these kind of projections because it's ridiculously early to tell.

Distressing? Come on, that's melodramatic. You know how high I'm on DLO/Ingram. I just think KAT is higher. No reason why that can't exist together.

Lakers don't get to keep all the top players you know.

I think my point (and Runway8's) was that Ingram can be a top player, since his ceiling his sky-high. There are so many unknowns about him, but not enough to warrant writing him off like this.

Who is writing off Ingram? He hasn't played a single NBA minute while KAT just won unanimous ROY.

Many people are. Take a look at the trade scenarios guy.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
The willingness to write off our own players while highly praising others, especially when our cats weren't given the fair chance is a little distressing. I hate these kind of projections because it's ridiculously early to tell.

Distressing? Come on, that's melodramatic. You know how high I'm on DLO/Ingram. I just think KAT is higher. No reason why that can't exist together.

I think my point (and Runway8's) was that Ingram can be a top player, since his ceiling his sky-high. There are so many unknowns about him, but not enough to warrant writing him off like this.

Who is writing off Ingram? He hasn't played a single NBA minute while KAT just won unanimous ROY.

Those cats are few and far between. They're the minority.

Lol at you guys going back and forth in 2 different threads about the same ish.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
tothesky wrote:
Putting the Lakers fandom aside; I'd much rather have KAT and Wiggins than what we have. Both bring it on both ends of the floor, and I fee both of them have superstar ability.

I like our young core, but I also believe that the Wolves are in the best spot when talking about that next wave.

We'll see. KAT's is a nice player in today's league, but in terms of seeing indicators where he'll join the likes of Hakeem, David Robinson, Shaq etc. I didn't see it. He wasn't as impactful as David Robinson or Shaq's debut where their teams completely turnaround. So It's not quite obvious to me that I would want him over any of my Lakers, especially Ingram's ceiling. But definitely he's the best player of the two teams right now. I've never been a big Wiggins fan. No elite handles, so right off the bat, he's not going to be in MJ/Lebron/Kobe class. He's more Vince Carter/Jerry Stackhouse class. I've always said he's a longer Stackhouse.

David Robinson and Shaq are your comparisons. How old was DRob his rookie year? Shaq had some quality young players shooters on his rookie team. Also, league was geared around big men. You still might be right that he is not in those and certainly not Hakeems category (actually i think you are right), but these comparisons are not great apples to apples comparisons.

David was 24. Yeah, he was drafted in 87 and didn't play till 89/90 season after Navy commitments. The Spurs just took off. It was amazing and terrifying as a Lakers fan. LOL! Tim Duncan is so quiet, I have forgotten about him. Well, he's the last Hall of Fame center drafted in 97. I don't care if he plays PF or goes into HoF as PF, he was a center. I'm very curious if KAT is the next great big. I'm just a little perplexed by their lack of success. Shaq turn the Magic around with essentially just Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott. You could argue the Wolves have more talent. Penny then came a year later and they took off. In this scenario, Kris Dunn would be Penny, except the Wolves are still bottom dwellers, whereas Shaq had already put the Magic at .500. That's why I'm questioning KAT's impact. It's not the greatest comparison because we're talking about Shaq here first of all. LOL! A physical force not seen before. But KAT is touted as the next great big, and what examples do we have other than to go back into the time machine and look at Hakeem, David, Shaq, Duncan, heck.. Ewing.

BTW, players make the game. It's not geared towards big men anymore because, well there aren't any. If those guys I listed above walked through the door as Mitch Kupchak said, then the Lakers would take them. The league is geared towards whatever talent is available.

Last edited by Runway8 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Well, I have a little faith in our youth.

Some may call it blind faith but they'll be given a fair shot this season, which is all you want to see.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Huh? If anything, I see more DLO or Randle trade packages than Ingram.

(I don't think we trade DLO or Ingram unless we get a young star in his prime and on a longer term contract).
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Well, I have a little faith in our youth.

Some may call it blind faith but they'll be given a fair shot this season, which is all you want to see.
You're preaching to the choir.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

(I don't think we trade DLO or Ingram unless we get a young star in his prime and on a longer term contract).
True.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Oh, it's there. It's there plenty. I think they manifested in the Westbrook thread and then you had cats lke nash saying they would trade the whole the roster for AD.

To me, a guy like Ingram is untradeable until the Lakers can get a legitimate feel of what he's capable of doing. His ability to create and playmake for others is a total game-changer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh, it's there. It's there plenty. I think they manifested in the Westbrook thread and then you had cats lke nash saying they would trade the whole the roster for AD.

To me, a guy like Ingram is untradeable until the Lakers can get a legitimate feel of what he's capable of doing. His ability to create and playmake for others is a total game-changer.

I think you're being a bit dramatic here.

80% of those polled are against a WB trade, meaning, no trade of DLO or Ingram for him.

No one is untradeable on this roster. Do I think that DLO/Ingram will be traded? Doubtful. I think they would like to see how they play too.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

D'lo, Randle and JC trade proposals are far more prevalent than Ingram proposals because Ingram at #2 was the general consensus among our fan base.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

80% of those polled are against a WB trade, meaning, no trade of DLO or Ingram for him.

No one is untradeable on this roster. Do I think that DLO/Ingram will be traded? Doubtful. I think they would like to see how they play too.
Agreed
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Placing a high priority on Ingram's ceiling and development = I'm being dramatic again...? Please. You've used that one before.

As far as being untradeable, I think Ingram is pretty untradeable if we're going by Luke's sentiment on picking him at #1. He also talked about his unparalleled feel for the game. You kind of get the sense that Luke would pull a Jerry West and resign if they considered trading Ingram.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

D'lo, Randle and JC trade proposals are far more prevalent than Ingram proposals because Ingram at #2 was the general consensus among our fan base.

I'm not so sure. Ingram was #1 on some draft boards. I've posted articles about some GMs saying they would have selected him at #1.

This was one of the more polarizing drafts in some time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Placing a high priority on Ingram's ceiling and development = I'm being dramatic again...? Please. You've used that one before.

As far as being untradeable, I think Ingram is pretty untradeable if we're going by Luke's sentiment on picking him at #1. He also talked about his unparalleled feel for the game. You kind of get the sense that Luke would pull a Jerry West and resign if they considered trading Ingram.

Sigh. You first create a strawman that everyone wants to trade Ingram.

You put down KAT to build up DLO/Ingram when no one has said that the latter two are busts (except for a few vocal leftover Oak guys).

Yes, you are being dramatic especially b/c we most all agree that Ingram is intriguing and shouldn't be traded.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Sigh. You first create a strawman that everyone wants to trade Ingram.

You put down KAT to build up DLO/Ingram when no one has said that the latter two are busts (except for a few vocal leftover Oak guys).

Yes, you are being dramatic especially b/c we most all agree that Ingram is intriguing and shouldn't be traded.

lol at creating a strawman. Should I bring up the scenarios again?

Saying KAT has high expectations going into next season = I'm putting down KAT now? Wow.

I'm sorry for saying anything even remotely negative about KAT.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
focus wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
tothesky wrote:
Putting the Lakers fandom aside; I'd much rather have KAT and Wiggins than what we have. Both bring it on both ends of the floor, and I fee both of them have superstar ability.

I like our young core, but I also believe that the Wolves are in the best spot when talking about that next wave.

We'll see. KAT's is a nice player in today's league, but in terms of seeing indicators where he'll join the likes of Hakeem, David Robinson, Shaq etc. I didn't see it. He wasn't as impactful as David Robinson or Shaq's debut where their teams completely turnaround. So It's not quite obvious to me that I would want him over any of my Lakers, especially Ingram's ceiling. But definitely he's the best player of the two teams right now. I've never been a big Wiggins fan. No elite handles, so right off the bat, he's not going to be in MJ/Lebron/Kobe class. He's more Vince Carter/Jerry Stackhouse class. I've always said he's a longer Stackhouse.

David Robinson and Shaq are your comparisons. How old was DRob his rookie year? Shaq had some quality young players shooters on his rookie team. Also, league was geared around big men. You still might be right that he is not in those and certainly not Hakeems category (actually i think you are right), but these comparisons are not great apples to apples comparisons.

David was 24. Yeah, he was drafted in 87 and didn't play till 89/90 season after Navy commitments. The Spurs just took off. It was amazing and terrifying as a Lakers fan. LOL! Tim Duncan is so quiet, I have forgotten about him. Well, he's the last Hall of Fame center drafted in 97. I don't care if he plays PF or goes into HoF as PF, he was a center. I'm very curious if KAT is the next great big. I'm just a little perplexed by their lack of success. Shaq turn the Magic around with essentially just Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott. You could argue the Wolves have more talent. Penny then came a year later and they took off. In this scenario, Kris Dunn would be Penny, except the Wolves are still bottom dwellers, whereas Shaq had already put the Magic at .500. That's why I'm questioning KAT's impact. It's not the greatest comparison because we're talking about Shaq here first of all. LOL! A physical force not seen before. But KAT is touted as the next great big, and what examples do we have other than to go back into the time machine and look at Hakeem, David, Shaq, Duncan, heck.. Ewing.

BTW, players make the game. It's not geared towards big men anymore because, well there aren't any. If those guys I listed above walked through the door as Mitch Kupchak said, then the Lakers would take them. The league is geared towards whatever talent is available.

Watch out. You'll get labeled a KAT hater for this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000, way to act mature for a long-time poster.

If you don't want to be called out for acting dramatically after a self-induced strawman is toppled, then stop creating them.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If you don't want to be called out for acting dramatically after a self-induced strawman is toppled, then stop creating them.

There is no strawman. People posted numerous scenarios which made zero sense.

This is pointless. I'm going to enjoy watching Ingram grow and become a very special player in the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is pointless. I'm going to enjoy watching Ingram grow and become a very special player in the league.

Thank you for finally realizing this. And I agree with you about Ingram, which is why I found it odd to downplay KAT's otherwise spectacular rookie season to somehow point out that Ingram has a high ceiling.

Glad to see we are on the same page.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Easy now.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Thank you for finally realizing this. And I agree with you about Ingram, which is why I found it odd to downplay KAT's otherwise spectacular rookie season to somehow point out that Ingram has a high ceiling.

Glad to see we are on the same page.

The funny part is no one even downplayed KAT.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I hope so
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

The Wolves were last season what we should be this season: bad but at least fun to watch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
The Wolves were last season what we should be this season: bad but at least fun to watch.

They were held back by their version of the Parking Brake (Sam Mitchell), yet they eked out 29 wins or so. They also probably had 2 more NBA ready guys in KAT/Wiggins, along with other young core pieces.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

This.

You have to understand the entire roster (from last season, not this one) means any package of players for AD not really the entire roster
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: