If there were a draft between us and the Wolves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ask in 2 years, this is way early

but ingram should be head and shoulders above everyone in 2 years. guy isn't even done growing yet. he will be able to play all 5 positions.

Yeah. It's way too early to do this, but the only certainty for me is KAT as #1.

he's becoming overrated. remember AD a couple years ago?

Anthony Davis? He's still a top 5 player in my book. KAT is on a similar trajectory.

I guess the poster is saying AD is overrated? No, he isn't, I'll take him over everyone on our roster....everyone. That said:

KAT-all day, everyday
Wiggins
DLO
Ingram
Dunn
Lavine
JC
Jr
Zubac-

The order is predicated on the players current state. That'll change after the season is over.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

but ingram should be head and shoulders above everyone in 2 years. guy isn't even done growing yet. he will be able to play all 5 positions.

Yeah. It's way too early to do this, but the only certainty for me is KAT as #1.

How is KAT being overrated? He's much more durable than AD. That was the scare coming in that his frail body would wither under the pounding against bigs. KAT is a legit big man already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4v11ob/this_sub_needs_to_calm_down_with_the_kat_hype/

he's being set up to fail like with AD. expectations so high that he wont be able to reach them.

Sorry man, this is just hating another team's prized asset. I'm sure you wouldn't say that about KAT if he was here.

ain't hating on towns. sounds like more you clamoring over another player when we have prized assets of our own. u think ingram or druss won't be good?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Anthony Davis? He's still a top 5 player in my book. KAT is on a similar trajectory.

Lebron, Curry, Durant, Leonard, George all surpassed him last season.

Probably b/c AD was playing with a torn Labrum?

why does that matter? why do you hate ur own players so much?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
why does that matter? why do you hate ur own players so much?

You gotta be kidding me.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject:

KAT = DLo in 3 years
Ingram edges Wiggins in 4 years
And Zubac becomes Marc Gasol?

Can we dream?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

How is KAT being overrated? He's much more durable than AD. That was the scare coming in that his frail body would wither under the pounding against bigs. KAT is a legit big man already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4v11ob/this_sub_needs_to_calm_down_with_the_kat_hype/

he's being set up to fail like with AD. expectations so high that he wont be able to reach them.

Sorry man, this is just hating another team's prized asset. I'm sure you wouldn't say that about KAT if he was here.

ain't hating on towns. sounds like more you clamoring over another player when we have prized assets of our own. u think ingram or druss won't be good?

Again, this is so laughable.

If you've seen my posts, you know how high I'm on DLO and Ingram.

But my praise for them isn't mutually exclusive with praising other (even more talented) players. That's called objectivity.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
1. DLO
2. Ingram
3. Randle
4. Zubac
5. JC
6. LNJ
7. KAT
8. Wiggins
9. Dunn
10. LaVine

Can you please take your home goggles off? Kat is at least #6. Switch Kat with LNJ if you want to be realistic. Other than that, I pretty much agree accept you forgot Anthony freaking Brown, who should be right after D'LO.

1. DLO
2. Ingram
3. Randle
4. Zubac
5. JC
6. LNJ
7. KAT
8. Wiggins
9. Dunn
10. LaVine

WTF!

Where is Black????
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Until last season I'd trade the entire roster for AD.

AD and KAT aren't overrated, they deliver. You will find all stars with lesser stats than KAT so at this stage he is a really an all star prospect while our players are still on the potential stage.

I'm not going to talk about the AD comparison to our young players because I was warned to not do so
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

I was never high on him coming out of college, but KAT is going to be a super star (if he isn't already). In the next few years, the ***twenty*** year older could be the best player in the league. He excels at every aspect of the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I was never high on him coming out of college, but KAT is going to be a super star (if he isn't already). In the next few years, the ***twenty*** year older could be the best player in the league. He excels at every aspect of the game.

KAT may be a top 10 player next year. Didn't he get all-NBA considerations?
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

1. Karl Anthony Towns.
2. D'Angelo Russell.
3. Brandon Ingram.
4. Andrew Wiggins.
5. Kris Dunn.
6. Julius Randle.
7. Zach Lavine.
8. Jordan Clarkson.
9. Larry Nance Jr.
10. Ivica Zubac.

Karl Anthony Towns is the best player by a wide margin, but there is still plenty of time for Russell and Ingram to catch up. I'm not as high on Wiggins as I was at the draft. He is right now basically a scorer. He isn't as good defensively as I thought he'd be and he's already two years in, but he's definitely the fourth best player of the group. Dunn is probably the most complete guard, but he doesn't have the ceiling that D'Angelo does. After that it's all Lakers for me. JC and Lavine are pretty even. The Wolves don't have much after that. With Nance, Randle, and Zubac we have more depth within the core. If Russell and/or Ingram can eventually catch up to Towns then I think we'll have the better overall core.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Until last season I'd trade the entire roster for AD.

AD and KAT aren't overrated, they deliver. You will find all stars with lesser stats than KAT so at this stage he is a really an all star prospect while our players are still on the potential stage.

I'm not going to talk about the AD comparison to our young players because I was warned to not do so

It wasn't AD's fault that he didn't deliver last season. He was penciled in as the MVP and the Pelicans were supposed to be contending. The reality is that they had a more disappointing season than the Rockets, but that was largely due to the unrealistic expectations people placed on AD.

In that same respect, it just seems like KAT has similar expectations going into next season, and I don't think it's fair because he's going to be a beast in his own right. He doesn't deserve this because people will turn on him the moment he fails to reach them, which is exactly with happened with AD.

As far as giving up the entire roster for AD... that is why you aren't a GM. That move would be on the far side of wrong.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

Not sure where this anti-KAT sentiment is popping up. I think out of that draft class, he's a tier above. I still think DLO was the right call, but I would have taken KAT #1 if we had the pick, looking back at things.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: If there were a draft between us and the Wolves

KAT
D'ice
Ingram
Wiggins
Dunn
Lavine
Jrock
JC
Nance
Zubac

Tbh, the next 4 after KAT are interchangeable imo. I love D'lo though. He's got my #2 spot on lock until proven otherwise.

Last edited by Vancouver Fan on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

1. KAT

HUGE GAP here because KAT is a franchise, HOF guy almost certainly.

2. Ingram

3. Wiggins

4. DLO (because of defense for the record I put him here - Wiggins and Ingram are going to be much better defenders than him).

5. Dunn (better defender than DLO, but offensively and passing DLO has him in both areas)

6. Randle

7. Lavine

8. Zubac

9. Nance

10. Clarkson (matador d just kills him for me, just terribly poor on the defensive end).

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not sure where this anti-KAT sentiment is popping up. I think out of that draft class, he's a tier above. I still think DLO was the right call, but I would have taken KAT #1 if we had the pick, looking back at things.

I'm not so sure if it's an anti-KAT sentiment as it is more of a wait and see thing with Ingram. I'm just not a fan of these early projections.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm not so sure if it's an anti-KAT sentiment as it is more of a wait and see thing with Ingram. I'm just not a fan of these early projections.

It's not really a projection for KAT compared projecting out for guys like DLO/Ingram. He put up borderline all-NBA numbers as a rookie. He's showed on both ends that he will be a top 10 player in the next year or two.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No one's projections are going to be 100% accurate. It's just plain ol fun discussion.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Definitely. And I really like DLo. KAT is a future MVP contender. May not win, but Dirk-level in the running consistently.

But dang DLo shows some unique something hard to define (on offense).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Definitely. And I really like DLo. KAT is a future MVP contender. May not win, but Dirk-level in the running consistently.

But dang DLo shows some unique something hard to define (on offense).

Yeah. It's not like the DLO v. Oak debate. KAT is legit and I'm sure the Lakers would have picked him #1 too. But DLO is a hell of a consolation prize and will be great as he improves each year.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's not really a projection for KAT compared projecting out for guys like DLO/Ingram. He put up borderline all-NBA numbers as a rookie. He's showed on both ends that he will be a top 10 player in the next year or two.

Sure he did, but I'm not going to say outright that Ingram and even Russell aren't capable of doing that. It's largely unknown because they'll be going into vastly different situations with Luke. The difference is KAT was given a fair opportunity while Russell was marginalized by his coach. I still believe Russell would have beasted in Philly or New York.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

inb4 someone puts up JC in the top 3 or even the #1 or the #2 spot....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure he did, but I'm not going to say outright that Ingram and even Russell aren't capable of doing that. It's largely unknown because they'll be going into vastly different situations with Luke. The difference is KAT was given a fair opportunity while Russell was marginalized by his coach. I still believe Russell would have beasted in Philly or New York.

Right. But I'm saying there's 0 reason to belittle KAT's performance. You can make the Ingram/DLO have high ceilings argument independently.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. But I'm saying there's 0 reason to belittle KAT's performance. You can make the Ingram/DLO have high ceilings argument independently.

Still trying to understand how anyone here is belittling his performance. Take it easy.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

As far as giving up the entire roster for AD... that is why you aren't a GM. That move would be on the far side of wrong.

I'm sure you got my point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: