If there were a draft between us and the Wolves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Not sure where this anti-KAT sentiment is popping up. I think out of that draft class, he's a tier above. I still think DLO was the right call, but I would have taken KAT #1 if we had the pick, looking back at things.

I'm not so sure if it's an anti-KAT sentiment as it is more of a wait and see thing with Ingram. I'm just not a fan of these early projections.

It's not really a projection for KAT compared projecting out for guys like DLO/Ingram. He put up borderline all-NBA numbers as a rookie. He's showed on both ends that he will be a top 10 player in the next year or two.

Sure he did, but I'm not going to say outright that Ingram and even Russell aren't capable of doing that. It's largely unknown because they'll be going into vastly different situations with Luke. The difference is KAT was given a fair opportunity while Russell was marginalized by his coach. I still believe Russell would have beasted in Philly or New York.

Right. But I'm saying there's 0 reason to belittle KAT's performance. You can make the Ingram/DLO have high ceilings argument independently.

Still trying to understand how anyone here is belittling his performance. Take it easy.

LOL, I think you're being way dramatic here. No one is advocating trading our young guys, just a few vocal guys. And my point is there is no need to dampen KAT to enhance DLO/Ingram. The latter two can prove on their own.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

1. D'Angelo Russell
2. Jordan Clarkson
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Julius Randle
5. Zubac Shakur
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
1. D'Angelo Russell
2. Jordan Clarkson
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Julius Randle
5. Zubac Shakur
Lol.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Not sure where this anti-KAT sentiment is popping up. I think out of that draft class, he's a tier above. I still think DLO was the right call, but I would have taken KAT #1 if we had the pick, looking back at things.

I'm not so sure if it's an anti-KAT sentiment as it is more of a wait and see thing with Ingram. I'm just not a fan of these early projections.

It's not really a projection for KAT compared projecting out for guys like DLO/Ingram. He put up borderline all-NBA numbers as a rookie. He's showed on both ends that he will be a top 10 player in the next year or two.

Sure he did, but I'm not going to say outright that Ingram and even Russell aren't capable of doing that. It's largely unknown because they'll be going into vastly different situations with Luke. The difference is KAT was given a fair opportunity while Russell was marginalized by his coach. I still believe Russell would have beasted in Philly or New York.

Right. But I'm saying there's 0 reason to belittle KAT's performance. You can make the Ingram/DLO have high ceilings argument independently.

Still trying to understand how anyone here is belittling his performance. Take it easy.

LOL, I think you're being way dramatic here. No one is advocating trading our young guys, just a few vocal guys. And my point is there is no need to dampen KAT to enhance DLO/Ingram. The latter two can prove on their own.

Oh, please... not this "being dramatic" cop out again.

I guess I better not say anything about KAT because it rattles something deep inside of you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh please, not this being dramatic cop out again.

I guess I better not say anything about KAT because it rattles something deep inside of you.

No. Because I've called out your strawman (i.e. "everyone" is trying to trade Ingram, no one is respecting Ingram, etc.).

Your response is just...pure drama. Let's move on please.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

No. Because I've called out your strawman (i.e. "everyone" is trying to trade Ingram, no one is respecting Ingram, etc.).

Again, enough with the drama excuse.

Saying Ingram as a prospect has sky high potential and hasn't revealed anything to warrant trading for him isn't putting down or demeaning KAT in any way, shape or form.

I can't say anything about KAT without you jumping to his aide. And it wasn't even negative. I said that he's being given AD expectations and people will turn on him if he doesn't reach them.

Please let it go.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No one's projections are going to be 100% accurate. It's just plain ol fun discussion.

Sure because when we talk about Dlo, Dunn, Julius we are talking about projections while KAT has produced borderline all star numbers on his rookie season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Saying Ingram as a prospect has sky high potential and hasn't revealed anything to warrant trading for him isn't putting down or demeaning KAT in any way, shape or form.

I can't say anything about KAT without you jumping to his aide. And it wasn't even negative. I said that he's being given AD expectations and people will turn on him if he doesn't reach them.

Please let it go.

I didn't say this, you did. And no, there isn't a thread calling Ingram a bust and that he needs to be traded. You pointed to the WB thread where it's 80% against any trade for him.

I'm pointing out why it's ridiculous to downgrade KAT to bolster DLO/Ingram. let the latter two show their merits next year and beyond (which I'm confident they will). This feigned victim mentality is disingenuous b/c you know how much of a DLO/Ingram advocate I am.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Please let it go.

I didn't say this, you did. And no, there isn't a thread calling Ingram a bust and that he needs to be traded. You pointed to the WB thread where it's 80% against any trade for him.

I'm pointing out why it's ridiculous to downgrade KAT to bolster DLO/Ingram. let the latter two show their merits next year and beyond (which I'm confident they will). This feigned victim mentality is disingenuous b/c you know how much of a DLO/Ingram advocate I am.

Again and again, no one is downgrading KAT. Talking about the hype and expectations generated for him shouldn't be equated to wanting him to fail.

Why don't you just become a T-wolves fan if these kind of posts upset you so much? My goodness.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Why don't you just become a T-wolves fan if these kind of posts upset you so much? My goodness.

Very mature. We can't say objectively that KAT had a great rookie year? Sigh.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He had a great rookie year. Happy?

#KindCripplerOut
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He had a great rookie year. Happy?

#KindCripplerOut

Bye bye.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Going with guys 24 and younger (long term)

1. KAT
2. DLo
3. Ingram
4. Wiggins
5. K.Dunn
6. Clarkson
7. LaVine
8. Randle
9. Nance
10. Zubac
11. T.Jones
12. Shabazz
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

#1 DLO
#2 KAT
#3 Ingram
#4 Wiggins
#5 Jc
#6 Randle
#7 Dunn
#8 Lavine
#9 LN jr.
#10 Zubac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
1) Kobe
2) Magic
3) Kareem
4) Shaq
5) Wilt
6) Logo
7) Big O
8) KG
9) Pau
10) Big game

Or are we only counting guys drafted by the teams? My list seems significantly different from everyone else's

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Guys who stand like this shouldn't be taken top 5.

He does that a lot. It reminds me of this lazy baller I knew in high school. LOL!

Hey ther sailor, you kawlin' my balls lazy!?!?
Cuth I'll teabag you in public with a thwist, if'n yall ain't carefullllllllll!
---- Mithter Wiggins
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: If there were a draft between us and the Wolves

#1 KAT
#2 Ingram
#3 DLO
#4 Wiggins
#5 Nance
#6 Clarkson
#7 Dunn
#8 Zubac
#9 LaVine
#10 Randle
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: If there were a draft between us and the Wolves

D'Alphalo wrote:
#1 KAT
#2 Ingram
#3 DLO
#4 Wiggins
#5 Nance
#6 Clarkson
#7 Dunn
#8 Zubac
#9 LaVine
#10 Randle

Almost same, except switching Randle and Nance, and Zubac and Lavine
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

1. KAT
2. DLo
3. Ingram
4. Dunn
5. Wiggins
6. Randle
7. Nance Jr
8. Clarkson
9. LaVine
10. Zubac
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: