Looking Ahead (Briefly) at 2017 and 2018 FAs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

underdogsgv wrote:
I like the possibility of Ibaka coming here. He and Julius would complement each other well, even if it wouldn't be a 100% perfect fit. He'd also pair up with a 2018 Zubac well, I think. Of course, Ibaka might still have a problem being a 3rd (or 4th) fiddle on offense, which he'd wind up being if all the youngsters develop properly.

I realize we already have Mozgov, Zubac, and Nance Jr - but arguably none of them, even Zubac who I already love, fit the team's needs better than Ibaka. We have zero reputable defenders.

It'd be good to keep him away from Boston, too. Ibaka would slot in next to Horford pretty well and the C's overall defense with that solid defensive backcourt of theirs would be very very strong.

I like the idea of Ibaka. I agree him and Randle would complement each other well. Tentatively, he's my first target next summer, especially if our young'ens can shore up the perimeter defense and shooting. Thing is...how do you convince him there won't be a minutes crunch between him, Mozgov, Randle, Nance, and hopefully Zubac? Unless Black really makes significant strides we need to target a mobile shot-blocker next summer. I like Taj Gibson as a 2nd-tier option.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
underdogsgv wrote:
I like the possibility of Ibaka coming here. He and Julius would complement each other well, even if it wouldn't be a 100% perfect fit. He'd also pair up with a 2018 Zubac well, I think. Of course, Ibaka might still have a problem being a 3rd (or 4th) fiddle on offense, which he'd wind up being if all the youngsters develop properly.

I realize we already have Mozgov, Zubac, and Nance Jr - but arguably none of them, even Zubac who I already love, fit the team's needs better than Ibaka. We have zero reputable defenders.

It'd be good to keep him away from Boston, too. Ibaka would slot in next to Horford pretty well and the C's overall defense with that solid defensive backcourt of theirs would be very very strong.

I like the idea of Ibaka. I agree him and Randle would complement each other well. Tentatively, he's my first target next summer, especially if our young'ens can shore up the perimeter defense and shooting. Thing is...how do you convince him there won't be a minutes crunch between him, Mozgov, Randle, Nance, and hopefully Zubac? Unless Black really makes significant strides we need to target a mobile shot-blocker next summer. I like Taj Gibson as a 2nd-tier option.

Ibaka will want a 30m max and he's really not worth that. Rather try to grab Taj in a more appropriate role/minutes/price.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Agree..that's why I'm tentative. I don't give him more than low 20s; I'm hoping the minutes crunch in Orlando might lower his perceived value. I like that Taj would definitely accept the lesser role. It's just that I love Ibaka's ability to stretch the floor.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I think La best chance of winning a chip is adding George/Cousins to a core of atleast Russell/Ingram/Randle or Nance (preferably a full potential Randle).

Russell
Ingram
George
Randle
Cousins

And yes I have Ingram at the 2.
In two years that team should atleast in the semi's. In 3 the league could be up for grabs?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

The FA on the top of my wishlist for this coming offseason is Hayward, considering he's a solid all around player, who is capable of being a second/third option on a good team. Unfortunately, I think Boston is probably a more viable FA destination for him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

What are the odds that George restructures his contract a la WB and Harden and becomes a FA in 2019 instead of 2018? I wonder if that option will even be on the table during the next CBA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
What are the odds that George restructures his contract a la WB and Harden and becomes a FA in 2019 instead of 2018? I wonder if that option will even be on the table during the next CBA.

Pretty high IMO. Gets an automatic pay raise, and basically can structure it to only hold out for 1 more extra year (ala WB). So cost of a 8-10m bump immediately is staying in Indy for 1 more year.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

Does Indy have the cap space to restructure? But yeah I doubt any player pass up that 8-10M dollar raise this year to restructure

Last edited by dcarter4kobe on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers become a playoff team within the next two seasons they will target Westbrook and Cousins most likely.

And those saying "oh the Lakers would have to make move, they can't it's not possible they could chase-"

Are probably the same people that were telling me last year that Durant wasn't going to Golden State either and they wouldn't be able to make room for him without gutting their team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Does Indy have the cap space to restructure? But yeah I doubt any player passed up that 8-10M dollar raise this year to restructure

Haven't seen their salary cap structure, but I'm sure it could be done (though Teague is up for an extension).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If the Lakers become a playoff team within the next two seasons they will target Westbrook and Cousins most likely.

And those saying "oh the Lakers would have to make move, they can't it's not possible they could chase-"

Are probably the same people that were telling me last year that Durant wasn't going to Golden State either and they wouldn't be able to make room for him without gutting their team.

Doubt we can afford 35m+ for WB and 30m for Cousins.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

After the next 2 seasons of cap raises and our kids still on their rookie or extended deals, it's definitely possible.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

After the next 2 seasons of cap raises and our kids still on their rookie or extended deals, it's definitely possible.

Calling Bard to check the math, but I think the possibility of saving enough cap for BOTH a tier 2 and 3 max (estimated at around 65-70m combined) is not there. I could be wrong.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Not without getting another team involved that would take on Mozgov or Deng's contract. So definitely is a strong word.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I think La best chance of winning a chip is adding George/Cousins to a core of atleast Russell/Ingram/Randle or Nance (preferably a full potential Randle).

Russell
Ingram/Clarkson
George
Randle/Nance
Cousins/Zubac

And yes I have Ingram at the 2.
In two years that team should atleast in the semi's. In 3 the league could be up for grabs?

FIXED.

That's kinda the dream here isn't it.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Calling Bard to check the math, but I think the possibility of saving enough cap for BOTH a tier 2 and 3 max (estimated at around 65-70m combined) is not there. I could be wrong.

Here is what it would look like with 2018 - 2019 salaries for Deng, Mozgov and Clarkson with Westbrook on a 2016 - 2017 Tier 3 Max and Cousins on a 2016 - 2017 Tier 2 Max.

$18,000,000 Deng (2019 - 2019 Salary)
$16,000,000 Mozgov (2019 - 2019 Salary)
$12,500,000 Clarkson (2019 - 2019 Salary)

$30,963,450 Westbrook (2016 - 2017 Tier 3 Max)
$26,540,100 Cousins (2016 - 2017 Tier 2 Max)
--------------------------------
$104,003,550

The above has nothing allowed for:

* Ingram

* Russell

* Randle

* Zubac

* Nance

* 2017 or 2018 first round pick

* Player(s) signed as a Free Agent in Summer 2017

* Whatever Minimum Salary placeholders are needed

I have somewhere to go and don't have time for the entire setup.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Working on the projected 108M cap for 2019, a max slot for PG13 and Cousins would be about 30.2M

PG13 30.2M (Westbrook max would be closer to 35M)
Cousins 30.2M
JC 12.5M
Randle 10.3M (QO)
DLo 7M
Ingram 5.5M
Nance 2.3M
Brown 1.2M
Zubac 1.1M
3 cap holds 1.8M
Total 102.1M

That's with no Deng/Mozgov. You could in theory amnesty (if included in new CBA) Deng and stetch Mozgov last 2 years for a hit of 6.5M over 5 years. Beating a dead horse here, but this is why I'm not a fan of years 3/4 of Mozgov deal. But calculating everything out for the first time, 2 mid max guys in 2018 would still be possible even with a stretched Mozgov.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

And that's if we don't keep our draft pick next year which would be another 5M on the books (I wouldn't complain)
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

people are not taking 1 max and people still trying to bring in 2 max?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

This is 2 years from now when we will actually look like a team hopefully and our young guys have developed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

You're laughing at people when you wanted the same just a few months ago? At least have some tact when you go 180.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

You're laughing at people when you wanted the same just a few months ago? At least have some tact when you go 180.

Whatever makes you happy with your childish behavior. Grow up and move on

You can continue with this but this is my last response
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

This is 2 years from now when we will actually look like a team hopefully and our young guys have developed.

We will have to pay our guys as well
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Whatever makes you happy with your childish behavior. Grow up and move on

You can continue with this but this is my last response

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

We will have to pay our guys as well

I just showed how it would be possible # wise. Would require an amnesty & stretch provision to be in the next CBA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: