Who's our Best Backup Point Guard?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's our Best Backup Point Guard?
Huertas
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Calderon
74%
 74%  [ 20 ]
Lou Williams
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject: Who's our Best Backup Point Guard?

Calderon, Huertas or Lou Williams?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject:

Lou is a sg but out of those three players, lou williams is by far the best player.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject:

Clarkson

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Lou is a sg but out of those three players, lou williams is by far the best player.

Lou is a small combo guard.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject:

Mozgov.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Clarkson

I wanted to put him on the poll because he can definitely slip to point when DLO catches a breather.

I edited the thread last minute coz JC is a legit starter not a backup.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Mozgov.

hello
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
diando wrote:
Clarkson

I wanted to put him on the poll because he can definitely slip to point when DLO catches a breather.

What makes JC a legit starter and not Lou Will.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject:

NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
diando wrote:
Clarkson

Let me see.

JC started last year. He matches up better defensively against the opposing shooting guards than Lou. Lakers paid him 50M recently which shows how they value him. Clarkson is healthier, more athletic and a better shooter than Lou.

JC will be the starter.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Clarkson

Should have included him in the choices.

Edit - nevermind saw your previous response
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
diando wrote:
Clarkson

Let me see.

JC started last year. He matches up better defensively against the opposing shooting guards than Lou. Lakers paid him 50M recently which shows how they value him. Clarkson is healthier, more athletic and a better shooter than Lou.

JC will be the starter.

Lou Will started too. He is a better defender than JC, who is argubly the worst defender with Randle. Lakers also gave 4 year deals to +30 year old guys like Deng and Mosgov.

JC is nowhere near the shooter lou Will is. Lou Williams had just as many points and assists as JC, who starter most games....
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject:

NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
diando wrote:
Clarkson

Let me see.

JC will be the starter.

Lou Will started too. He is a better defender than JC, who is argubly the worst defender with Randle. Lakers also gave 4 year deals to +30 year old guys like Deng and Mosgov.

JC is nowhere near the shooter lou Will is. Lou Williams had just as many points and assists as JC, who starter most games....

Quote:
Lou Will started too.
Not over JC

Quote:
He is a better defender than JC,
Last year stats beg to differ

Quote:
Lakers also gave 4 year deals to +30 year old guys like Deng and Mosgov.
They will start too, don't worry about them

Quote:
JC is nowhere near the shooter lou Will is.
Again, last year stats favor JC

http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/

Last edited by Hero Ball on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
diando wrote:
Clarkson

Let me see.

JC will be the starter.

Lou Will started too. (Not over JC)

He is a better defender than JC, (Last year stats beg to differ)

Lakers also gave 4 year deals to +30 year old guys like Deng and Mosgov. (They will start too, don't worry about them)

JC is nowhere near the shooter lou Will is. (Again, last year stats favor JC)

http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/

Anyone with eyes can tell that JC is by far the worst defender on this team, especially with all that speed and quickness, he gets burn almost every play. While a 30 year old Lou Will that is shorter usually stays in front of his man at the min.

Because the FO made mistakes giving 4 year deals, doesn't mean they know better. This is the same FO that hired Scott and let key players leave.

Lou Will TS: .584
JC TS: .516
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Anyone with eyes can tell that JC is by far the worst defender on this team, especially with all that speed and quickness, he gets burn almost every play.

JC got more steals and rebounds last year than Lou, can't argue with stats.

Quote:
While a 30 year old Lou Will that is shorter usually stays in front of his man at the min.

Didn't mean the player didn't score by shooting over him LOL.

Quote:
Because the FO made mistakes giving 4 year deals, doesn't mean they know better.

I would rather they make a mistake signing them 4 years than signing nobody for 2 years.

Quote:
This is the same FO that hired Scott and let key players leave.

We needed to do those things coz of the Tank that got us our bright future today.

Quote:

TS is not a pure/basic stat.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject:

Calderon, because Lou shouldn't be a point guard at all. With that said, Calderon knows how to run a team so does Huertas, but Calderon has a track record of it in the NBA.
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:
Anyone with eyes can tell that JC is by far the worst defender on this team, especially with all that speed and quickness, he gets burn almost every play.

JC got more steals and rebounds, can't argue with stats.

Quote:
While a 30 year old Lou Will that is shorter usually stays in front of his man at the min.

Quote:
Because the FO made mistakes giving 4 year deals, doesn't mean they know better.

I would rather they make a mistake signing them 4 years than signing nobody for 2 years.

Quote:

We needed to do those things coz of the Tank that got us our bright future today.

Quote:

Actually, Lou's per 36 and JC's per 36, their steals are equal at 1.2/g.
Also, Lou Will a significantly shorter and older guy had more blocks than JC did.

Yea, its true. However, still did a better job than JC as a defender regardless.

So, you rather sign two +30 year old guys that could screw us over in next year draft, just so we can win a few more games? Lose our pick to 76ers, so they can get 2 top 5 picks next year. Also, as others mentioned, lost our cap flex in the future, so we can be a 30 win team?

This Front Office in 3 years didn't make the playoffs and we had our worst season in Laker history...Because we got really lucky with 2 #2 picks, doesn't mean the FO did well.

Last edited by NYCLaker on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Calderon, because Lou shouldn't be a point guard at all. With that said, Calderon knows how to run a team so does Huertas, but Calderon has a track record of it in the NBA.

I'm kinda leaning over Calderon also with letting Lou play the SG role.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject:

NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Also, Lou Will a significantly shorter and older guy had more blocks than JC did.

Yea, its true. However, still did a better job than JC as a defender regardless.

So, you rather sign two +30 year old guys that could screw us over in next year draft, just so we can win a few more games? Lose our pick to 76ers, so they can get 2 top 5 picks next year. Also, as others mentioned, lost our cap flex in the future, so we can be a 30 win team?

This Front Office in 3 years didn't make the playoffs and we had our worst season in Laker history...Because we got really lucky with 2 #2 picks, doesn't mean the FO did well.

Quote:

Let me guess, you want to be in the lottery again next year.

A big F U to that. No thanks.
NYCLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like we have any choice. Difference is, going from top 3 to potentially 5-8 and losing a prospect in a loaded class...
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject:

NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
NYCLaker wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like we have any choice. Difference is, going from top 3 to potentially 5-8 and losing a prospect in a loaded class...

You are a looking at it at a glass half empty perspective. Give it 30 games in to the season at least.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject:

Lou is primarily a shooter, and that's what we want him for off the bench, scoring points, much like Crawford with the Clipps. Huertas is a good 3rd string PG, really a good guy off the deep bench to get the third stringers easy opportunities. Calderon is the short term answer, and gives us a very steady backup to Russell. Clarkson can play point too, but he is the SG this year, maybe next year he is off the bench, but really only if we get a star SG, and run a 3 guard rotation.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject:

Watch "The Mist"

Next season is like the mysterious mist, it effing scares a lot of people because you don't know what's behind it.

You are scared shtless but that doesn't mean you go Thomas Jane and start shooting everyone inside the car only to realize HELP was behind that mist all along.

Stay calm, face what's coming and most importantly never shoot your own.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

Calderon with out a doubt.

He can spread the floor, pass and unlike Huertas and Lou he's more savvy as far as being vocal.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject:

Hmmm, for some reason, I didn't count JC. I picked Calderon.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Calderon with out a doubt.

He can spread the floor, pass and unlike Huertas and Lou he's more savvy as far as being vocal.

So basically in one deal, we got our best back up PG with 2 second round picks tagged along with it.

Lakers FO=Slackers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: