COOK!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh lighten up ... he deserves at least ONE topic of his own after his last three games)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight20
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Redlight20 wrote:
its pure genius how phil is using COOK on a screen and roll with kobe the way teams are quick to double kobe ...with cook's shooting ..teams are forced to bring a 3rd man from the other side of the floor as the second man coming off the pick has to respect cook's range.

he could be just the 2nd option l.a needs to grind the 2nd half of the season.

Rudy T did this until he left.

yeah but it wasnt that effective .. cause the spacing was bad.

with the triangle.. the spacing is better.. meaning cook gets cleaner look at the basket.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?

What is Mitch doing drafting these stiffs !!

I mean we picked him 24th in the draft !! He should be a superstar !!

Wah Wah Wah !!

Mitch sucks. He dosen't know how to draft !!

Trade Odom he has no heart

Wah !

This is why haters ain't (bleep)! They just run off at the mouth and run it, run it, run it!!! Rookies come in and the first thing they get from Laker fans is a trade proposal!!! Cookie would be somewhere anywhere right now if the impatient likes of the "so called fan" had his way.

This is what I've been waiting for. Also props to Kobe for trusting Cookie and, giving him that opportunity. This could have a ripple effect on the entire squad. If you're going to play Kobe will be happy to share with you. Further, kobe was able to go off in the 4th with a fresher energy because he wasn't trying to completely carry the load the whole game. If Cook can stay confident and, Smush can show up at least every other game all we'll need is the depth to return healthy. If LO can orchestrate with at least 2 dependent scorers it looks like the triangle may start to take real form. Nobody would be able to defend with double teaming anymore.

It's aaaaaallll about confidence. This team may just be right on schedule...

OH yeah! Has anybody seen DA?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Yeah, all those realists will be whining after the next Laker loss. What bugs me is: A. "The roster sucks" followed by B. "trade Bynum, etc. for KG or whoever." The roster is terrible, but somehow we are going to get superstars for our terrible players. I know Golden State got Barron for cheap, but the days of teams giving the Lakers golden eggs for nothing are gone the way of the Gail Goodrich trade.

Cook has been great. He is learning and I could see him being a 12 and 6 player as our sixth man off the bench. He does what Slava did a few years ago, before his back got screwed up. He is never going to be a defensive stopper, but every year he is going to be less and less of a defensive liability. He takes the charges, had 10 rebounds tonight, and played 34 minutes. he coukld always shoot; now he knows how to play.

The other player to watch out for is Sasha. I've always been on the Cook bandwagon, but I was like the rest of Laker land, and ready to deal Sasha for a prune danish. Sasha has improved and will probably be next year's suprise contributor.

Absolutely and, your're right about Sasha. He is really pissed with himself about those open looks. Next season look for Sasha to be one of the leagues best assasins. He'll get over that obstacle. He'll proabably spend the summer in Kobe's guest house keeping Kobe awake all night to the sound of a ball dribbling into the weeeee hours with the Kobe Bryant handbook of swish If the rumor is true that Sasha is the best shooter in practice he may need to study more Zen with Phil so he can calm himself before going into games. At any rate a little more maturity could be all that kid needs...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
Cook has had 3 good games. The Lakers have been an up and down team the whole year. Overall, Mitch sucks. But GOOO LAKERS

That's because you're understanding of a young team develping is very challenged.

Let me try and help you out..

This is what you call growing pains. The end result is what you judge.
If you do that you may even save yourself from ridicule from those taking note of folks who are constantly taking shots at Mitch as if they could do a better job...

If this team goes beyond the first round in the playoffs Mitch beating, and all that have provided it will be in for some embarrasment...
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject:

I fully expect Sasha to come back with a GREAT shot. He and Kobe became tight this summer with Kobe, Von Wafer, Sasha and Bynum working out together a few times. Look for Sasha to really work with Kobe this summer the way Butler did.

Bold prediciton for next year: Sasha will shoot above 41% on 3s.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: COOK!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh lighten up ... he deserves at least ONE topic of his own after his last three games)

Just_Looking wrote:
He's averaged almost 23 and 7 over the last three games. Who would have thought we had our second option all along

I like Cook.

I want him on our bench.

He does deserve praise, and this thread.

Smush has had runs too, and once upon a time we got our panties in a bunch over him.

Let's avoid doing so again with such haste...

The guy's not gonna be our 2nd-option to Kobe in the big picture.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject:

Aaaawwwwww Soda ... don't go and try busting our bubble. We can dream all we want ... let the next game can be our reality check.
dlow
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject:

Trade Cook now while his value just went up! DO it Mitch!
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject:

Props to Cook; I love him and love his shooting. He is my starting PF in NBA 2k6

As for Lamar; He is still a Role Player with all star salary who is not even a top 15 SF
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: