Legend: Hakeem Olajuwon once ate 100 chicken nuggets

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Legend: Hakeem Olajuwon once ate 100 chicken nuggets

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/08/08/legend-hakeem-olajuwon-once-at-100-chicken-nuggets/

Quote:

Legend: Hakeem Olajuwon once ate 100 chicken nuggets

Hakeem Olajuwon made the Basketball Hall of Fame. He won an NBA MVP and two championships. He earned a spot on 12 All-NBA and 12 All-Star teams. He even recorded a quadruple-double.

He also ate a lot of chicken nuggets.

Houston Chronicle online sports editor Greg Rajan:

That’s a lot of chicken nuggets, but this was over five hours, and Olajuwon had a 7-foot frame to fill out.

We rate this claim: plausible.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I've done that too on a dare. It's nothing really.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I read 1000 and thought it was impressive. 100 really isn't that crazy as rwonster mentioned.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) disgusting ... well, I'm proud as a (bleep) peacock to share the fact that I've never once considered bringing a single one of those composite, mechanically-separated chicken proxies to my face for inspection, much less ingestion. I really gotta admit, though, that it seems un-American when I re-read those words right now. I guess I owe my parents a big thank you.

That said, a Korean American gentleman I worked with in the past loved those (bleep) chicken-ish scooby snacks. Ugh ... the (bleep) horror. But I thought he was borderline brilliant otherwise.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
(bleep) disgusting ... well, I'm proud as a (bleep) peacock to share the fact that I've never once considered bringing a single one of those composite, mechanically-separated chicken proxies to my face for inspection, much less ingestion. I really gotta admit, though, that it seems un-American when I re-read those words right now. I guess I owe my parents a big thank you.

That said, a Korean American gentleman I worked with in the past loved those (bleep) chicken-ish scooby snacks. Ugh ... the (bleep) horror. But I thought he was borderline brilliant otherwise.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

Really? Didn't you get sick?

Let's see - 100 X 45 calories/nugget - that's 4500 nugget calories in one sitting. Wow.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Really? Didn't you get sick?

Let's see - 100 X 45 calories/nugget - that's 4500 nugget calories in one sitting. Wow.

No. I still had room for a pizza afterwards. Of course, I was in football at the time so high calorie count isn't really much.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Wilt Chamberlain had sex with 20,000 chicken nuggets.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:

Wow good for you. Extremely jealous..I've probably had over a hundred thousand nuggets in my life
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
the association wrote:

Wow good for you. Extremely jealous..I've probably had over a hundred thousand nuggets in my life

Well, my dad Marv, was quite unyielding when it came to fast food and such, so ...

I'm kidding, of course.

But seriously, those (bleep) chicken-ish nuggets were an absolute abomination when I was a youngster (from time to time, I sat close enough to folks who consumed them to see cross-sections that rankled my peace of mind for days). But maybe 10 - 15 years ago, I noticed that McDonald's made a lot of noise re: a new recipe that involved "better" chicken scraps. And I think they've taken it a step further in subsequent years ... if you're young enough, the bulk of your Chamberlain-esque consumption probably hasn't been too bad.

Anyway ...
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I've done that and many pig-eats as a teenager. Now, I just can't.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Wade Boggs > Hakeem
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

This is probably the most brutal video of the degrading nature of meat processing:

Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject:

I just remembered that this was also when Chicken McNuggets were extra delicious with dark meat and random chunks of soft tender fat morsels. I was such a fat boy. I would take all the three sauces and mix them together creating one amazing blend of dipping sauce. 2 parts BBQ, 2 parts sweet n sour, one part hot mustard.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

I remember when Hakeem would play during Ramadan and not drink water all game long. I wonder how that affected his game.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
I just remembered that this was also when Chicken McNuggets were extra delicious with dark meat and random chunks of soft tender fat morsels. I was such a fat boy. I would take all the three sauces and mix them together creating one amazing blend of dipping sauce. 2 parts BBQ, 2 parts sweet n sour, one part hot mustard.

That was back in the day when circular nuggets supposedly consisted of white meat while the rectangular nuggets supposedly consisted of dark meat. It may have been the other way around. I can't recall with certainty. I worked at a McDonald's for a couple of years in a small town in southern Oregon because there were very few job options as a teen in high school.

One funny thing that happened while working there. Two girls working the drive thru ran a scam (one that took the order and money; the other that worked the second window) where they would take someone's order and then pocket the cash after zeroing out everything on the order except for example a large coke. They'd have to run to the break room because their pockets became so full. They did this for about two years. One girl bought a jet ski and the other bought a new car. The head manager eventually caught on (I figured it out one night along with poor assistant manager Doug who was a sweetheart but only making like 18k a year) but ratting them out would've meant her job, so she just quit scheduling them. One girl's name was Tamara. Can't recall the other girl's name. This is why receipts are pretty much required at fast food places. It isn't for your benefit. Fun times in Babylon.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

That was back in the day when circular nuggets supposedly consisted of white meat while the rectangular nuggets supposedly consisted of dark meat. It may have been the other way around. I can't recall with certainty. I worked at a McDonald's for a couple of years in a small town in southern Oregon because there were very few job options as a teen in high school.

One funny thing that happened while working there. Two girls working the drive thru ran a scam (one that took the order and money; the other that worked the second window) where they would take someone's order and then pocket the cash after zeroing out everything on the order except for example a large coke. They'd have to run to the break room because their pockets became so full. They did this for about two years. One girl bought a jet ski and the other bought a new car. The head manager eventually caught on (I figured it out one night along with poor assistant manager Doug who was a sweetheart but only making like 18k a year) but ratting them out would've meant her job, so she just quit scheduling them. One girl's name was Tamara. Can't recall the other girl's name. This is why receipts are pretty much required at fast food places. It isn't for your benefit. Fun times in Babylon.

I worked at both McDonalds and Jack in the Crack in high school. And yeah, back then the only things they could inventory with certainty were the cups. Later many "Quick Service Restaurants" began a "if you don't get a receipt, you get a free meal" policy, in order to root out the seemingly continuous thievery. I got tired of being asked for free food, so I just worked grill and put up with the occasional burn.

I suspect things have somewhat improved, now that the QSRs have integrated their automated supply chains with POS (Point of Sale) systems. I'm pretty sure you can track inventory leakage, and any unusual register activity.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas ate 80 chicken nuggets in 5 minutes. At a 105 pounds. Another girl ate 120 in 16 minutes. That isn't the speed eating record mind you--120 in 12 minutes and 26 seconds is the record. In any event, seeing as several relatively small women have eaten that many in a few minutes, I'm guessing Hakeem wouldn't have any problem at all demolishing 100+ nuggets over several hours.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: