This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

I know we have always bought this up cause we have always been excited for TC, but the buzz going into October has been the most intense I have seen and the excitement is as large as i can remember.

Hopefully we are gonna see a team that's ready to prove the doubters and haters wrong.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I cant wait

I hope the Lakers have another open practice this year. It felt like a high school practice under Byron
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject:

No more of the falsified, drill sergeant machismo by making them run sprints until their bowels gush out all over the court, as if it accomplishes something.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see offensive sets and defensive schemes, haven't seen them in a while
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Can't wait to see offensive sets and defensive schemes, haven't seen them in a while

We are finally gonna have a defensive mindset hopefully .... next year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Deng
Ingram
Calderon
Ingram
Zubac
Yi
Mozgov

That's a real good solid summer for the Lakers, I have never remembered being this excited for TC and who knows we might have another move coming in the next couple of weeks.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I know we have always bought this up cause we have always been excited for TC, but the buzz going into October has been the most intense I have seen and the excitement is as large as i can remember.

Hopefully we are gonna see a team that's ready to prove the doubters and haters wrong.

I think the year we got D12 and Nash had more buzz
To think it was only 4 years ago.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Off-season sucks! Can't wait to see some Lakers basketball
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This year has more buzz. And let's not forget we went 0-8 in the preseason that year and Nash got injured in Portland, this years Laker team also has more depth.

We were relying on MWP/Jamison/Meeks that year..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This year has more buzz. And let's not forget we went 0-8 in the preseason that year and Nash got injured in Portland, this years Laker team also has more depth.

I'm excited for this years team.
But Kobe/Pau/D12/Nash would have ate up this year's team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I wouldn't take talent with no identity/chemistry over a young team with great chemistry and team identity. That year the Lakers were a mess.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

How old are you? I remember some offseasons with wayyyyy more hype. Hell the D12/Nash offseason people were guessing we would win 70 games. Or the Kobe trade me to Pluto offseason. That was crazy.

Last edited by DrumR on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
No more of the falsified, drill sergeant machismo by making them run sprints until their bowels gush out all over the court, as if it accomplishes something.

That's exactly the kind of thing someone would say if they've never been in a foxhole and/or manned-up.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
Judah wrote:

That's exactly the kind of thing someone would say if they've never been in a foxhole and/or manned-up.

While folding your arms in disappointment lol
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I feel the exact opposite. Although I'm excited, the team isn't expected to win big, and rather just grow as the season progresses. Considering that, outside of seeing some of the new guys play and the coaching style, there's far less hype to the TC than in years past (last year it was Kobe - is this it?, prior year it was Kobe - can he still play/thank goodness D'Antoni isn't here anymore, prior year it was "D12 is a joke but will that change").

There really should be no drama to this pre-season,which is a good thing. But less exciting.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I'm curious to see who adapts best and whether or not all of our young players can master the offensive and defensive schemes. And can they get to the point where they react in a coordinated way in read/react situations.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

If Byron did that, I didn't see the results on the court.

I thought the Lakers had several guys who were not in peak physical condition last year. I am hoping that changes under the new coaching staff.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

What is the date that training camp starts? I can't wait!!!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Judah wrote:

I thought the Lakers had several guys who were not in peak physical condition last year. I am hoping that changes under the new coaching staff.

They just need to "man-up"

KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

People were expecting the 2012 Lakers to go to the Finals. That said, I am very excited about training camp and the season as well.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm going into preseason and reports from training camp with more curiosity than excitement. I remember a lot of the talk sounding a whole lot like this after we got a new point guard in DLO last year. I'm not going to build my expectations up too high just yet, but I am extremely curious (moreso than past seasons) to watch an entirely new coach, in style and experience, do his work with a young squad.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Deng
Ingram
Calderon
Ingram
Zubac
Yi
Mozgov

That's a real good solid summer for the Lakers, I have never remembered being this excited for TC and who knows we might have another move coming in the next couple of weeks.

The last time I was this excited was probably the arrival of Shaq and Kobe. I'd loved the Nick/Eddie/Cedric/Elden/Vlade Lakers, but those trades/signings were the beginning of a new era.

Not so different now with our lottery picks and the retirement of 24.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Judah wrote:

His explanation for why he would put his teams through all of the grueling running was because it would instill some level of mental toughness, which is ironic since he still ended up calling his teams soft anyways when they would lose. He also said that, if they lost, he didn't want it to be because the other team was in better shape lol. But of course, it was counter-productive. Rather than getting his teams into shape, it was complete murder on their legs. You could watch the games and easily see how tired they were. For some reason he never asked himself why all the running did absolutely nothing for his teams. Still got blown out and played horrid defense. But that was the problem. He wanted people to perceive him as some modernized version of Riley. It was all just a facade to cover up how inept he was as a coach.

Can't stress how exciting it is to know all of that lunacy is over. I wholeheartedly believe that Luke and his staff will do an outstanding job of teaching the guys and implementing the system. Only a month away. Fun times.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I wouldn't take talent with no identity/chemistry over a young team with great chemistry and team identity. That year the Lakers were a mess.

This team has great chemistry? How would we know?

I'd take that team over this one in a heartbeat. They were on a roll at the end of the season. Injuries to Kobe and Nash (and others, but mainly those two) were what really killed the season. And Kobe was really awesome that year, playing like a candidate for the MVP. This team has nobody that is anywhere near that.

And a major coaching change that season was also stupid when they picked D'Antoni over Phil. It would have been better if they stuck with Brown and just ditched the Princeton. That was a major reason for the early struggles and the preseason struggles.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: This years training camp is gonna have a different feel & excitement

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Does anybody outside of LA (besides Laker fans outside of LA) really care about this team right now? Golden State and Cleveland fans aren't saying "Oh no, we need to worry about those Lakers." People think we're going to suck again.

Back then Miami Heat fans were talking about our team after they had just won a title. I remember posting several comments from Heat fans after Nash and Howard became Lakers and some of the fans here were laughing because they though the Heat fans were scared.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: