is mitch outsourcing jobs?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: is mitch outsourcing jobs?

calderon, mosgov huertas, yi, zubac, deng... man are the startesr in trouble or what? if some of these guys can be had for peanuts, maybe they wont have to max randall, clarkson and rusuelll
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

What?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Mitch said that their approach in free agency was to add veteran talent that compliments the young core. Not sure why you included Mozgov in the list because he was already promised the starting C spot. But neither Calderon or Huertas will bump Russell or Clarkson out of the starting lineup. Development is the most important task this season. It would make no sense to be starting Calderon, Huertas, or Yi over any of the young core. The Lakers aren't building around them lol.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Black will see time now with the acquisition of Yi and the unexpected play of Zu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Mitch said that their approach in free agency was to add veteran talent that compliments the young core. Not sure why you included Mozgov in the list because he was already promised the starting C spot. But neither Calderon or Huertas will bump Russell or Clarkson out of the starting lineup. Development is the most important task this season. It would make no sense to be starting Calderon, Huertas, or Yi over any of the young core. The Lakers aren't building around them lol.

I still remember when several posters laughed at me for advocating the bolded lol.

I would have put up "I told you so" PnP style thread but I'm far too lazy. Also we have yet to see if the strategy will work. However I saw it then as the best possible course of action, and it still remains clear to me now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Won't be surprised when Hillary decides to call out Mitch for outsourcing jobs #I'mWithHer
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Won't be surprised when Hillary decides to call out Mitch for outsourcing jobs #I'mWithHer

That would be Trump
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Judah wrote:

I still remember when several posters laughed at me for advocating the bolded lol.

I would have put up "I told you so" PnP style thread but I'm far too lazy. Also we have yet to see if the strategy will work. However I saw it then as the best possible course of action, and it still remains clear to me now.

People on here were saying the Lakers shouldn't go after free agents that complement the young core? That's....strange lol.
cvballa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
The Logo wrote:

That would be Trump

its both of them
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I read about a new company in Bangalore called "Tata NBA Defensive Assistant Coaches." Defensive assistant coaches on call 24/7. No wonder Luke hasn't hired one yet!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
The Logo wrote:

That would be Trump

Foreigners like Mozgov, Zubac, Yi, and Deng are trying to steal good-paying, jobs from American born players! #facts

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
22 wrote:
Judah wrote:

People on here were saying the Lakers shouldn't go after free agents that complement the young core? That's....strange lol.

Yup. IIRC the argument was we were too devoid of talent and that we would sign whatever star players we could regardless of fit the young core. Obviously there are other factors such as which teams the FAs wish to play for but I still the lakers have been selective about the talent they put around the youngins. I think the FO thinks they can grow this team into something special, and I'd agree with that thinking
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

As long as there are good old American born janitors cleaning the toilets, I don't see any problems...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Judah wrote:
22 wrote:
Judah wrote:

Yup. IIRC the argument was we were too devoid of talent and that we would sign whatever star players we could regardless of fit the young core. Obviously there are other factors such as which teams the FAs wish to play for but I still the lakers have been selective about the talent they put around the youngins. I think the FO thinks they can grow this team into something special, and I'd agree with that thinking

I agree. There's obvious superstar potential in Russell and Ingram. And Randle and Clarkson both have All-Star potential imo. The best route is to just let them grow together, and Luke, I think is the perfect coach to oversee it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
I read about a new company in Bangalore called "Tata NBA Defensive Assistant Coaches." Defensive assistant coaches on call 24/7. No wonder Luke hasn't hired one yet!

I'm looking forward to reading your rebuttal to my last post.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
I wonder if Black will see time now with the acquisition of Yi and the unexpected play of Zu

He can always out-play them, blank slate for all 3
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Compliment. Hehe
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Calderon Mozgov and Deng are not playing for peanuts. Our team is in a complete rut, we are a disaster the last few years. We are untouchable (in the bad way) to the top American players. We are living off the crumbs right now. Soon enough, Jim will resign and things will change.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject:

That went sideways fast.

Nb4....
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Calderon Mozgov and Deng are not playing for peanuts. Our team is in a complete rut, we are a disaster the last few years. We are untouchable (in the bad way) to the top American players. We are living off the crumbs right now. Soon enough, Jim will resign and things will change.

AGREE!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

He tried "locally grown" and the result was Swaggy P. Perhaps the farther away the better.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Deng and Mozgov are veterans here to stabilize the starting lineup and Calderon is the backup PG. I don't see what the problem is.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

In my humble opinion, black will average close the most mins of any center on our squad. Moz will start, play around 20-25, black will be the primary backup and average similar mins. Yi and zubs will fight for the scraps/ matchups/garbage mins. Hope yi doesn't take any mins away from zubs, but that's inevitably going to happen.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Anyone who complains about Calderon lacks the requisite knowledge to complain about the front office.

Calderon could have been Sacre-levels of bad and it still would have been a great deal since we got two draft picks while giving up literally nothing. If you are complaining about that, you don't understand how front offices should operate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: