Questions about a cat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Questions about a cat

I work on private property in the hospitality industry and my property gets an annual inspection by the brand. this last time the brand QA inspector who stayed with our property noticed a stray cat on the property for a few days now. the QA inspector docked me points and says I have to get rid of the cat. I have been well aware of the stray cat and I tried to justify the cat to allow him to roam our property as it helps us scare off any unwanted creatures I said the cat has shown up at the property almost a year ago and never left i dont even know where he sleeps. I have also received positive tripadvisor comments from guests whom have interacted with the cat. (the cat is actually very friendly)

The "dick" QA inspector did not care for my justification and said the cat is not part of the "brand" standard I do not have a waiver to allow the cat to be kept on property and I need to follow proper procedure regarding domesticated/and or service animals. I almost had an 'A' grade on inspection until this prick QA inspector docked me 50 points for the cat which lowered me to a 'B" which in turn blows my bonus.

So In short I need to get rid of the cat. I do not want to call any type of service because I do not want the cat to be put to sleep. I have asked staff if they want the cat and they all decline. we even ask guests who inquire about the cat to give it a good a home and they all decline....

so now to save this cat I need to take him. the problem is catching him. I have tried putting food out petting him and picking him up but whenever i try to put him in a carry box he scuttles away. I tried putting him in the car just like that and he scuttles away. I even thought about doing it old school and putting the food in the cage and than when the cat goes in the cage drops. Guess what? THE DAMN THING IS SMART HE DOESNT EVEN GO IN THE CAGE FOR THE FREE FOOD. I was thinking about a tranquilizer and sneak it in his food but I do not know where to find him in case he falls asleep some where on the property.

Any suggestions trying to catch him?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Wait so you can catch him with your bare hands?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Have you tried the local animal shelter?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Animal shelters are filled with cats and dogs so chances it would be euthanized. There are some no-kill shelters out there but I believe most of the LA county ones are pretty ruthless. They basically treat strays like rats. Its even worse if its a stray since it will probably be put down in 3 days. I think catching it would be a 2 person effort, one to lure the cat and another to use a net or something to catch him. I think it would be pretty hard to catch with your bare hands unless he felt safe with you petting it.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject:

i dont want to call a shelter or a service because i dont want him killed
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

yes thats the weird thing. I can pick him up and pet him but when i try to restrain him in a box or a car the poor thing is not having it. He will wiggle out of my arms and runs away.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

yes the the weird thing. I can pick him up and pet him but when i try to restrain him in a box or a car the poor thing is not having it. He will wiggle out of my arms and runs away.

I guess u can pet him and carry him to an enclosed area where he can't escape like a room. Then catch him and stick him in a box....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Whatever you do, please record this and upload to YouTube 999
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Next time you pick him up hand feed him some Tuna with Benadryl crushed up in it. After he passes out, Ken Griffey his 4 paws over the fence and off the property (or if you wanna be boring you can put him in the car and just drive him to his new neighborhood).
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Whatever you do, please record this and upload to YouTube 999

I think my staff has plenty of funny cell phone videos of me and my maint guys trying to catch this thing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

yes the the weird thing. I can pick him up and pet him but when i try to restrain him in a box or a car the poor thing is not having it. He will wiggle out of my arms and runs away.

I guess u can pet him and carry him to an enclosed area where he can't escape like a room. Then catch him and stick him in a box....

I havent tried that... not sure how long he can hold in my arms though...as the closest room from the parking lot is 2 very long hall ways
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

There are no-kill shelters and animal rescue organizations. You might need two people to do the job. You need a second pair of hands to close the pet cage as soon as you put the cat in. A hard cage with locking swing door is easy to close quickly. A person from the animal rescue shelter might even help you. They have tons of experience doing that kind of thing. You have to a have a specific plan and move quickly without letting the cat's movements distract you. Once you done it successfully, it's easier the second time around. 
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Next time you pick him up hand feed him some Tuna with Benadryl crushed up in it. After he passes out, Ken Griffey his 4 paws over the fence and off the property (or if you wanna be boring you can put him in the car and just drive him to his new neighborhood).

I dont know where the cat sleeps... Benadryl doesnt work that quickly and I do not want to harm him
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
There are no-kill shelters and animal rescue organizations. You might need two people to do the job. You need a second pair of hands to close the pet cage as soon as you put the cat in. A hard cage with locking swing door is easy to close quickly. A person from the animal rescue shelter might even help you. They have tons of experience doing that kind of thing. You have to a have a specific plan and move quickly without letting the cat's movements distract you. Once you done it successfully, it's easier the second time around. 

thanks.... you have a number for a good service? I can expense this to the company
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

thanks.... you have a number for a good service? I can expense this to the company

Try petfinders.com They list animals for adoption but if you put in your zipcode, all the animal shelters in your area will pop up. You can specify "cat shelter." Almost all of them are no-kill.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

thanks Chef

oh.... also if anyone wants to give a cat a great home... be my guest PM me please.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

I dont know where the cat sleeps... Benadryl doesnt work that quickly and I do not want to harm him

Here is what happens when you put a sock on a cats head. He'll be too busy trying to figure what the heck is going on to notice you putting him in a Box carrier.

Sock

Wear Gloves...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject:

^^^ thats torture! haha im not doing that to a cat
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

What if you put a collar with a tag on him? On the tag, put, "If lose, call (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Then call animal control to pick him up. They'Lloyd be like, "Hey, he has a tag." and may secure the cat and call your number.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

yes thats the weird thing. I can pick him up and pet him but when i try to restrain him in a box or a car the poor thing is not having it. He will wiggle out of my arms and runs away.

Once you've picked him up, wrap him in a blanket or towel, like a burrito. That'll restrain him and you can then get him into a carrier or box.

There are also humane traps that you can purchase.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I'll catch it for you. I'll never pass up a free meal!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Once you've picked him up, wrap him in a blanket or towel, like a burrito. That'll restrain him and you can then get him into a carrier or box.

I've tried that it's afraid of the towels I keep get scratched at every time the towel gets close. I even tried holding him by the neck down on the concrete to get the towel around him but he was kicking out wiggling so bad that I thought I was break his neck so I let him go
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I've tried that it's afraid of the towels I keep get scratched at every time the towel gets close. I even tried holding him by the neck down on the concrete to get the towel around him but he was kicking out wiggling so bad that I thought I was break his neck so I let him go

Sounds like you just need someone to help you. One person holds the cat, one person holds the towel.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Well, if you have access to a net that people catch fish with you can probably keep him from escaping...
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

If the cat passes out, Bill Cosby will probably try to have sex with it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: