This needs a thread... Do you support the Yi signing or hate it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve the Yi signing?
Yeah we got him for cheap and he provides shooting
72%
 72%  [ 18 ]
No it's worthless and he's a scrub
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
I'm gonna wait until training camp to decide
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
He can't be worse than unused cap space.

Unused cap space can't take bad shots, miss easy shots, and turn the ball over.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
dao wrote:
He can't be worse than unused cap space.

Unused cap space can't take bad shots, miss easy shots, and turn the ball over.

And under the Luke system, you know this how?

And back to basics, the Lakers have NOT signed Yi.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

TWC and LAT are saying that hes basically signed, Time Warner even had Yi in the projected players list...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TWC and LAT are saying that hes basically signed, Time Warner even had Yi in the projected players list...

But yet he hasn't been signed. So if he is I might have an opinion, but since he isn't, I do not.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

But yet he hasn't been signed. So if he is I might have an opinion, but since he isn't, I do not.

Are you suggesting that Yi news is a smokescreen for another deal being in the works??
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Are you suggesting that Yi news is a smokescreen for another deal being in the works??

You just went from point A to point Z on that one.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

Also why do people assume that this isn't a done deal? Are NBA fans gonna cry about it? are GMs afraid of LA getting better? This isn't some big deal, Yi needs to prove himself to be a good role player...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, just that the Lakers and Yi haven't agreed to terms. They might, they might not.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, just that the Lakers and Yi haven't agreed to terms. They might, they might not.

I get it.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

I went with option 3 even though I'm somewhat neutral. I didn't think we were getting any big time difference maker with the remaining cap, so Yi will just have to do for now. My only hope is he doesn't take away PT from the bigs in front of him, namely Nance and Black.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: This needs a thread... Do you support the Yi signing or hate it?

numero-ocho wrote:

Exactly. Other than drafting Ingram/Zubac and trading away cap space for Calderon/2nd round pick, I consider this one of the safest moves we've made this summer.

+1
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Also why do people assume that this isn't a done deal? Are NBA fans gonna cry about it? are GMs afraid of LA getting better? This isn't some big deal, Yi needs to prove himself to be a good role player...

I don't know all that has to go in to it, but FIBA, Chinese government, CBA, previous team who has him on a 3 year contract, Yi's agent. For a 1 year league minimum contract, if it turns in to too much work and money/fees they might just walk away.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't know all that has to go in to it, but FIBA, Chinese government, CBA, previous team who has him on a 3 year contract, Yi's agent. For a 1 year league minimum contract, if it turns in to too much work and money/fees they might just walk away.

China league are letting him choose what he wants, which is why they let him opt out of his deal so he can work out a deal with the Lakers.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: This needs a thread... Do you support the Yi signing or hate it?

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I have seen mixed reaction and I need to know what the most fan base thinks..

We got the 6th pick in his draft for nothing. We got him at 28 years of age, which typically is the maturest time of an NBA player's game. Shaq, Jordan, Curry just missed 28 for his first championship.

I've got others I can name, but my point is 28 is about the time players are fully matured physically, emotionally, and even economically. In effect we let the other teams raise him, and now stand to possibly stand to benefit the most, while doing the least but scout him, and sign him.

And 1 year too? Good move Lakers.

Agreed.

He's 31.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/yi-jianlian-age-report-card.jpg
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/yi-jianlian-age-scandal-21-24-years-old/4306
http://www.chinasportsreview.com/2008/12/20/yi-jianlian-proved-to-be-3-years-older/

But I agree. Since it's a 1 year contract. There is minimal downside.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

China league are letting him choose what he wants, which is why they let him opt out of his deal so he can work out a deal with the Lakers.

That was what they said in a tweet or something right? Do you know what they are expecting in a buyout? Also the state of China gives them a hard time and tries to tax the hell out of them don't they?

If it wasn't a complicated deal, wouldn't it have been done already?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That was what they said in a tweet or something right? Do you know what they are expecting in a buyout? Also the state of China gives them a hard time and tries to tax the hell out of them don't they?

Why should a 3M deal be complicated? The Lakers make billions as well as the CBA and China league... now If this appoints to another story we don't know about...
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This needs its own thread also....

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

Correction: this does not need a thread. People are quite adequately registering their opinions on the signing in the other Yi thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: