Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
VLF aren't you a Bears fan? You think Ka'Deem Carrey has shown enough to start seeing more snaps? Not familiar with him.

I think that Howard will end up sharing carries.

If he does, it won't be for a while. John Fox is notorious for hating to play rookies. Fantasy football is such a week-to-week proposition, anyway. Langford is locked into a voluminous role for a while, and that's just too valuable to drop. Now, if you could sell him high after he has a big game for a similar player that you feel better about for the entirety of the season, I have no issue with that.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
VLF aren't you a Bears fan? You think Ka'Deem Carrey has shown enough to start seeing more snaps? Not familiar with him.

If he does, it won't be for a while. John Fox is notorious for hating to play rookies. Fantasy football is such a week-to-week proposition, anyway. Langford is locked into a voluminous role for a while, and that's just too valuable to drop. Now, if you could sell him high after he has a big game for a similar player that you feel better about for the entirety of the season, I have no issue with that.

I agree, esp not dropping a 20-touch RB who will get all goal line carries and can pass catch for a backuo QB. Granted, it is a 2 qb league but league seems shallow enough that there will be QBs available anyway.

Interesting insight on John Fox. Was he the coach when everyone thought Montee Ball was going to start, he waa draftes super high in fantasy leagues, and then Knowshon Moreno ended up starting (and flourishing) instead?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject:

Need help with my QB situation for week 2..

i have Tyrod & Jameis. I dont feel comfortable playing Tyrod after last week, and so I have Jameis starting right now. But then i been reading the start'em sit'ems and they're saying to sit Jameis because of the tough Arizona defense. And Flacco is one of the QBs they say to start. I looked at the waivers and i have Flacco available...

should i start flacco @ CLE or Jameis @ ARI?

or is there someone else i should consider?

haha and the QB situation in my other league is almost worse..

I have Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dak Prescott...and Flacco is available there to. I'm almost tempted to start Flacco in that league..
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

I agree, esp not dropping a 20-touch RB who will get all goal line carries and can pass catch for a backuo QB. Granted, it is a 2 qb league but league seems shallow enough that there will be QBs available anyway.

Interesting insight on John Fox. Was he the coach when everyone thought Montee Ball was going to start, he waa draftes super high in fantasy leagues, and then Knowshon Moreno ended up starting (and flourishing) instead?

Selling high on Langford is probably something I'll look at. I have no reason to start him ATM, wih Miller and Bell/Williams. I wonder what I could get if I packaged him with one of Dez/Jefferey/Doug Baldwin. I'm really not liking Dez, looked bad last year without a QB, and it looks like he'll probably continue to look bad this year.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

i have Tyrod & Jameis. I dont feel comfortable playing Tyrod after last week, and so I have Jameis starting right now. But then i been reading the start'em sit'ems and they're saying to sit Jameis because of the tough Arizona defense. And Flacco is one of the QBs they say to start. I looked at the waivers and i have Flacco available...

I have Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dak Prescott...and Flacco is available there to. I'm almost tempted to start Flacco in that league..

I think I'd just start Jameis In your position. After all, Garropolo looked very good against Arizona last week. Plus, if the Bucs get down early they'll start chucking it
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I think I'd just start Jameis In your position. After all, Garropolo looked very good against Arizona last week. Plus, if the Bucs get down early they'll start chucking it

I agree, I typically don't let matchups influence who I start unless there is some significant data to do so.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

Which 2 of Latavius Murray, Matt Forte or Lamar Miller should I start this week?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I agree, I typically don't let matchups influence who I start unless there is some significant data to do so.

Play Jameis. Dude is going to be a star. Might already be one. And Arizona's CB situation on the other side of the field opposite Peterson is bad. (The guy that started last Sunday night is a converted RB.) And if they have to go back to Justin Bethel, well, that's also good news for enemy passing games. They should have to chuck it a lot against Arizona and production for Famous Jameis will be there.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Which 2 of Latavius Murray, Matt Forte or Lamar Miller should I start this week?

Miller is a must-play every week. And I'd start Latavius over Forte. Forte is coming off a 27-touch game and now they play tomorrow. I'm not feeling good about that spot on a short week at Buffalo in what should be a slugfest game. I expect the Raiders to control the game at home against a bad Atlanta team and Murray will get more opportunities than he had at the Saints, where he still had a serviceable game.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

As I know this is not the LG league, so I can give advice. I would say Miller and Murray. Even though Forte had a good week, Bills have a good run D and are motivated against a rival team. Atlanta is weak on D so Murray looks good. Always start Miller especially against a KC team that gave up so many points to RB's in Woodhead/Gordon.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Melvin Gordon, Matt Forte, or LeSean McCoy to pair with Elliott? Non-PPR.

And should I sit Gurley for Woodhead?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I would say Forte until Gordon proves he is their scoring back. Same with Gurley, until he proves that he cannot overcome the Rams poor offense. Two similar games by each would change my mind, though.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Is Matt Forte the best value so far this year? He remains a PPR god and his ADP was super late.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I would say Forte until Gordon proves he is their scoring back. Same with Gurley, until he proves that he cannot overcome the Rams poor offense. Two similar games by each would change my mind, though.

Hopefully he listened
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Is Matt Forte the best value so far this year? He remains a PPR god and his ADP was super late.

Hard to say after a week but probably Spencer Ware so far.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Hard to say after a week but probably Spencer Ware so far.

Ware will have great value again this week but then Charles is back. It'll be a timeshare at best next week.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Hopefully he listened

I did and it's glorious! Thanks vlf! 😂

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Hopefully he listened

I tried to add Forte into the flex spot this morning, but whatever updates they made on the NFL app make it impossible to set and save your lineup. 29 points sitting on my bench. WOW
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Hopefully he listened

I tried to add Forte into the flex spot this morning, but whatever updates they made on the NFL app make it impossible to set and save your lineup. 29 points sitting on my bench. WOW

Yahoo. Onlu way to play!
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Hopefully he listened

Oh man that sucks. That makes the NFL and ESPN apps both having problems. What a joke.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Hopefully he listened

Yahoo. Onlu way to play!

Yahoo is great. And my big money league uses CBS Sportsline and it is very reliable. The experts said that since Forte is 30 and playing Thursday after Sunday he should sit. Good to see the Jets learning, last game at the goal line they brought in Powell, just give the ball to Matt. As an ex-Bear he is still a favorite of mine.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

i bench Tyrod and of course he puts up 32 points. sweet. gotta love that
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I have to admit, seeing Forte get such a huge workload while playing his second game in 5 days was stunning to me. He can't possibly hold up if they keep doing that. (And it should be noted he did only average about 3.4 yards per carry). And maybe they felt they needed to ride Forte to avoid an 0-2 start. Still, you have to like that Powell is hardly playing, if you're a Forte owner. At worst, it looks like he's the clear guy, and even if they start to give Powell a little more work, it's not going to devolve into a committee.

Major win for Forte owners.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
i bench Tyrod and of course he puts up 32 points. sweet. gotta love that

I go against Tyrod and he goes for 40 in my league with long TD bonuses. I hate when my opponents go off on Thursday, you got a whole two days to think about how you're likely to lose.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I have to admit, seeing Forte get such a huge workload while playing his second game in 5 days was stunning to me. He can't possibly hold up if they keep doing that. (And it should be noted he did only average about 3.4 yards per carry). And maybe they felt they needed to ride Forte to avoid an 0-2 start. Still, you have to like that Powell is hardly playing, if you're a Forte owner. At worst, it looks like he's the clear guy, and even if they start to give Powell a little more work, it's not going to devolve into a committee.

Major win for Forte owners.

I have Powell stashed (Forte owner in my division), and I see this as best case scenario (other than Powell starting, which was never gonna happen initially). Jets are gonna run Forte into the ground, and he will be injured at some point this season. However, Forte has been killing it so far.

Also, I really hope Devonta Freeman wakes up this week and gets more touches. I have Coleman too, but a RBBC will effectively kill the value of both players for me since I drafted Freeman with my 2nd round pick. Luckily, I have the top waiver spot, so I am gonna wait for a RB to inevitably become available.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 7 of 21
Jump to: