Official 2016 Fantasy Football Advice/Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I have to admit, seeing Forte get such a huge workload while playing his second game in 5 days was stunning to me. He can't possibly hold up if they keep doing that. (And it should be noted he did only average about 3.4 yards per carry). And maybe they felt they needed to ride Forte to avoid an 0-2 start. Still, you have to like that Powell is hardly playing, if you're a Forte owner. At worst, it looks like he's the clear guy, and even if they start to give Powell a little more work, it's not going to devolve into a committee.

Major win for Forte owners.

Yeah, I was surprised too. Also surprising? Very few pass targets. One thing about Forte is he isny really a violent runner so he might be able to hold up. He also didnt play what last couple months of last year?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

Anyone ever have that struggle where you're in two leagues and you're playing against one of your players?

When something happens it's like YEAH....NO!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

Yes, I have Forte in one league and went against him in another.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Anyone ever have that struggle where you're in two leagues and you're playing against one of your players?

When something happens it's like YEAH....NO!

Happened with me for Lamar Miller today. Actually worked out ok. Only had 11.7 points in the LG league, but in the league I have him he went for 16 (different scoring system).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Man. Stefon Diggs. I drafted OBJ, Brandon Marshall, Doug Baldwin and then Diggs as my backup/sleeper.

It may be time to play Diggs at flex with Baldwin down.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I have to admit, seeing Forte get such a huge workload while playing his second game in 5 days was stunning to me. He can't possibly hold up if they keep doing that. (And it should be noted he did only average about 3.4 yards per carry). And maybe they felt they needed to ride Forte to avoid an 0-2 start. Still, you have to like that Powell is hardly playing, if you're a Forte owner. At worst, it looks like he's the clear guy, and even if they start to give Powell a little more work, it's not going to devolve into a committee.

Major win for Forte owners.

Forte has missed 8 games in his 8-season career, he is tough as nails.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Man. Stefon Diggs. I drafted OBJ, Brandon Marshall, Doug Baldwin and then Diggs as my backup/sleeper.

It may be time to play Diggs at flex with Baldwin down.

OBJ and Dez here as starters..

Left diggs on the bench and my f'ing flex got me 2pts.. my score is final and my opponent has ryan matthews left tonight.. im up by 13pts, better pray to the gods lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

So much for my thought that Winston could get it done yesterday.

I have Diggs in the biggest league I'm in. Got him as my fifth WR. (I have AJ, Alshon, Moncrief, Floyd, Diggs, and Lockett.) I think he's going to start for me from now on.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
So much for my thought that Winston could get it done yesterday.

I have Diggs in the biggest league I'm in. Got him as my fifth WR. (I have AJ, Alshon, Moncrief, Floyd, Diggs, and Lockett.) I think he's going to start for me from now on.

U guys planning on starting him every week now?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

Is anyone starting Edelman on a short week against HOU (with a brand new QB)? I am in a half-point ppr 12 man league, and I need someone for my flex spot. My other options are Emmanuel Sanders (awful so far), Sanu (boom or bust), McKinnon (drafted him, but worried about Asiata), or Tevin Coleman (I am already starting Devonta Freeman). I am leaning toward starting Edelman given my options.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Is anyone starting Edelman on a short week against HOU (with a brand new QB)? I am in a half-point ppr 12 man league, and I need someone for my flex spot. My other options are Emmanuel Sanders (awful so far), Sanu (boom or bust), McKinnon (drafted him, but worried about Asiata), or Tevin Coleman (I am already starting Devonta Freeman). I am leaning toward starting Edelman given my options.
i would go edelman given your other options. I would have said McKinnon but like you said, Asiata is going to steal TDs from him.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

So last week i started Jameis against Arizona and we saw how that turned out haha. My other option was Tyrod...

So this week, its Tyrod's turn against Arizona and Jameis against the Rams. Who do i start? the waivers are picked dry...Sam Bradford is available @ Carolina. what do i do? go with Jameis again? haha not sure if I want to play Tyrod against the cards after seeing what they did to Jameis.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

Go with Winston in my opinion.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I could see what VLF was talking about with Langford. He isn't good and just keeps scoring lucky short TD's. Howard looked considerably better in his brief time out there. In deep leagues, I don't mind stashing Howard. It's most likely going to be a while before they just bench Langford entirely, if at all, though. But it's easy to see that Howard looks much quicker. Langford's a plodder.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
i would go edelman given your other options. I would have said McKinnon but like you said, Asiata is going to steal TDs from him.

I am too scared of the 3rd string qb situation. I had Antonio Brown last year, and he was absolutely atrocious without Big Ben. Also, if Brissett goes down (likely against JJ Watt and co), Edelman becomes the patriots qb and is a risk for negative points (although, the idea of potentially having two qbs in a lineup is interesting ). McKinnon is too risky imo with the timeshare breakdown uncertainty. As a result, I have decided to roll the dice with Freeman at RB2 and Coleman at Flex (thankfully, I have CJ Anderson as my RB1)!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree with this only because Sammy Watkins is banged up. At least, Winston has Mike Evans. However, I would definitely look for someone on the waiver wire (maybe Flacco or, dare I say, Tanehill is available).
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I agree with this only because Sammy Watkins is banged up. At least, Winston has Mike Evans. However, I would definitely look for someone on the waiver wire (maybe Flacco or, dare I say, Tanehill is available).
i wish I had those two available on waivers. Instead I got Bradford cutler Alex smith Blaine gabbert Dak and hoyer..idk how I feel about them all
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I could see what VLF was talking about with Langford. He isn't good and just keeps scoring lucky short TD's. Howard looked considerably better in his brief time out there. In deep leagues, I don't mind stashing Howard. It's most likely going to be a while before they just bench Langford entirely, if at all, though. But it's easy to see that Howard looks much quicker. Langford's a plodder.

I drafted Jordan Howard in my 12-teamer because I didnt believe in Langford long time. But, until he loses his job, you have to keep him because of the volume. Once the volume changes for the worse, safer to drop him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

i wish I had those two available on waivers. Instead I got Bradford cutler Alex smith Blaine gabbert Dak and hoyer..idk how I feel about them all

Of those available, I think Dak is the best. The matchup this coming Sunday night at home against Chicago is fantastic. The Bears pass D was already bad, and now they've lost top pass rusher Lamarr Houston. And he still hasn't thrown a TD through 2 weeks (ran one in last week). At least 1 TD pass coming, and maybe 2, this week.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Of those available, I think Dak is the best. The matchup this coming Sunday night at home against Chicago is fantastic. The Bears pass D was already bad, and now they've lost top pass rusher Lamarr Houston. And he still hasn't thrown a TD through 2 weeks (ran one in last week). At least 1 TD pass coming, and maybe 2, this week.
I added Dak..then i saw someone dropped Mariota. I think I'm going to add Mariota instead against the Raiders

Do you guys think Jamaal Charles will play this Sunday? I got spencer ware ha..
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I added Dak..then i saw someone dropped Mariota. I think I'm going to add Mariota instead against the Raiders

Mariota should be decent. I am contemplating starting him over Bortles this week.

Charles is highly questionable for Sunday. I have Spencer Ware in one of my leagues too, and it's an annoying situation because of the uncertainty. I would avoid Ware unless you have no other options because the Jets run D is also pretty good.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Mariota should be decent. I am contemplating starting him over Bortles this week.

Charles is highly questionable for Sunday. I have Spencer Ware in one of my leagues too, and it's an annoying situation because of the uncertainty. I would avoid Ware unless you have no other options because the Jets run D is also pretty good.

so that brings me to a question i had...

do you start Demarco Murray & Spencer Ware as your 2 RBs and start Melvin Gordon at your flex....orrrrrr do you start Murray & Gordon at the RB slots and Michael Floyd or Frank Gore at the flex and bench Ware..my two WRs are Antonio brown & Mike Evans

Im leaning towards benching Ware..just not sure for whom..Floyd or Gore
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

do you start Demarco Murray & Spencer Ware as your 2 RBs and start Melvin Gordon at your flex....orrrrrr do you start Murray & Gordon at the RB slots and Michael Floyd or Frank Gore at the flex and bench Ware..my two WRs are Antonio brown & Mike Evans

Given the players you have, I would probably play Ware at flex with Gordon/Murray at RB.

I think Michael Floyd has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor. Gore has a low floor and a low ceiling. Ware is the safer play and will probably guarantee you get 7-8 points or so if Jamaal isn't playing.

I also would look at your opponent and see if you can play your matchup. Do you need to gamble? Play Floyd. Do you just need 7-8 pts min? Go Ware.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting Mariota over Eli and benching Latavius Murray in favor of Forte.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I have Floyd, and he's been terrible so far. He does not even get that many targets, so he is not helping in PPR leagues either. Also, I am a Colts fan, and Gore is arguably the worst RB in the league (especially, given the team he is on). The Colts will have Andrew Luck fire away all game (~40 pass attempts) because the defense is atrocious. Start Ware.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 8 of 21
Jump to: