Official 2016 Fantasy Football Advice/Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Looking for some advice.

I'm up 21 points. I still have my QB left to play. I have Drew Brees and Matt Ryan both. My opponent has Julio Jones, Devonta Freeman, and Jacob Tamme left to go. So nothing but Atlanta Falcons left. Should I start Matt Ryan since any time his players rack up points it would garantee me points too? A passing touchdown to Julio would only net him 2 points really (6 points for him and 4 points for me).
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

yup, i'd start Matt Ryan!
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

lol anyone else start Mariota? (bleep) i hate fantasy football sometimes haha.. and OF COURSE Jameis did great this week.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
lol anyone else start Mariota? (bleep) i hate fantasy football sometimes haha.. and OF COURSE Jameis did great this week.

I was going to start him until I saw Delanie Walker on the injury report. I started Bortles again, and he was his usual mediocre self. Fortunately for me (this week), my opponent started Luck. I have Freeman and Coleman vs his Ingram tonight, so I should be good (I am leading by 4 points right now). Also, of course, Frank Gore suddenly outplays Ware after I badmouth him .
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Looking for some advice.

I'm up 21 points. I still have my QB left to play. I have Drew Brees and Matt Ryan both. My opponent has Julio Jones, Devonta Freeman, and Jacob Tamme left to go. So nothing but Atlanta Falcons left. Should I start Matt Ryan since any time his players rack up points it would garantee me points too? A passing touchdown to Julio would only net him 2 points really (6 points for him and 4 points for me).

Devonta Freeman's yards or rushing TDs would not net you any points. That is probably a sound strategy to lock up the weekly win though.

Play Matt Ryan and you're basically a lock to win unless Devonta Freeman plays like 2015 Devonta Freeman. Haha.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Finally, my crappy draft isn't seeming so crappy anymore.

Both Russel Wilson and Philip Rivers have been disappointing to start the year, so I decided this week I was going to roll the dice and sit one of them. Figured Wilson would have a better shot or breaking out of his funk against SF, so sat Rivers and started kidd Wentz in his place. Had a record fantasy day, with still 2 left to play in tonites monday night game.

QB Russell Wilson (Good Day)
QB Carson Wentz (Monster Day)
RB Devonta Freeman (Remains)
RB Cristine Michael (Awesome day - Bonus for the 40 yd run & 2TD's)
WR DeSean Jackson (Monster Day)
WR Tyler Lockett (My Dud of he day, bur saved me with his 62 yd return bonus)
TE Jimmy Graham (Monster Day)
TE Dennis Pitta (Meh Day)
Flex #1 Carlos Hyde (Big Run late got me a bonus)
Flex#2 Mohammed Sanu (Remains)
K Vineteri (Solid Outing - Dumped Hauhska for him since the Seattle offense was sucking, and I had too many Seahawks rostered with their bye looming in a couple weeks.)
DEF Denver (Decent Day)

I finally get Gronk back next week, and with Rawls slated to be out for a few weeks, Christine Michael will get plenty of burn with all the carries he desires. Hopefully when Josh Gordon returns in 2 weeks, he's got something left in the tank. All-n-All, this year of misfits on my team are shaping up much more nicely than could have been expected. With Wentz being productive, and Rivers having no weapons, I'm hoping I can entice someone to give up a decent receiver for him. I'm #1 on the waiver wire this week, and with that waste of a roster spot Langford going down, I'm picking up his backup, Howard (Thanx VLF) off of waivers to replace him. Hopefully he'll turn out to be an October surprise!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Yup, benched him for Eli. Neither had a great game, but Eli had about 12 more points which would have given me a nicer cushion heading into tonights game. Guy put up 20+ points the first 2 weeks and got me 4 yesterday. freaking 4 points.

They were behind all game and insisted on running the ball every damn down. But he fumbled once and got picked twice, so I guess it's understandable. I'm dropping him in favor of Stafford, who I'm hoping is still available once the waivers hit. I think Tenn is committed to the run, so Mariota might not be as valuable as I thought.

My opponent has Snead and Tevin Coleman. I have Julio and Fleener (yes, i stuck with him) I'm up 3 points. (Fingers crossed)
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Yup, benched him for Eli. Neither had a great game, but Eli had about 12 more points which would have given me a nicer cushion heading into tonights game. Guy put up 20+ points the first 2 weeks and got me 4 yesterday. freaking 4 points.

They were behind all game and insisted on running the ball every damn down. But he fumbled once and got picked twice, so I guess it's understandable. I'm dropping him in favor of Stafford, who I'm hoping is still available once the waivers hit. I think Tenn is committed to the run, so Mariota might not be as valuable as I thought.

My opponent has Snead and Tevin Coleman. I have Julio and Fleener (yes, i stuck with him) I'm up 3 points. (Fingers crossed)

Well you dodged a bullet since Snead was just announced to be sitting out tonite, so that should enhance Fleener's chances as well.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Well you dodged a bullet since Snead was just announced to be sitting out tonite, so that should enhance Fleener's chances as well.

Nice call on Fleener! =)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Wow. So,Tevin Coleman is making a bid for the HOF tonight, and at the last second my opponent picked up Mike Thomas in place of Snead. 3 TDS for him already and apparently Julio Jones is dead.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

So my opponent picked up the Saints Mike Thomas to fill in for Snead. Thomas is practically outscoring Jones AND Fleener single handedly. Nevermind COleman is having the game of a lifetime right now. fml
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

So my opponent picked up the Saints Mike Thomas to fill in for Snead. Thomas is practically outscoring Jones AND Fleener single handedly. Nevermind COleman is having the game of a lifetime right now. fml

Damn.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I did, but also started Carlos Hyde, Emmanuel Sanders & Jimmy Graham, so still managed a W, up to 3-0 now and getting Le'Veon Bell back next week, then Tom Brady & Josh Gordon back the week after,

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

i know its early in the week but if your starting RBs and WRs are:
Melvin Gordon/Blount
Allen Rob/Diggs
flex - Jeremy Hill

Emmanuel Sanders is on the bench and after the week he had, im wondering if he should be starting..would you bench any of the above for him?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

Lost badly in both leagues. 2-1 in LG league and 1-2 in my other league. Sad thing is if I would have played any other team in my second league , I would have won. I looked like a genius starting Marvin Jones (38 pts). But then Julio gets me 1.6 points. ugh..... On to next week
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Lost badly in both leagues. 2-1 in LG league and 1-2 in my other league. Sad thing is if I would have played any other team in my second league , I would have won. I looked like a genius starting Marvin Jones (38 pts). But then Julio gets me 1.6 points. ugh..... On to next week

Well we play each other this week in the LG league, so don't go expecting a high scoring week from your team. Playing me is like a curse, or maybe my team somehow plays defense. I have by far the least amount of fantasy points scored against me.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

would you guys start Dalton vs Miami or Siemian @ Tampa? ha I dont think i'm starting Jameis vs Denver this week. I'm leaning towards Dalton..hopefully Eifert returns this week

Also, which two of these would you start? Stefon Diggs vs Giants, Emmanuel Sanders @ Tampa, or Jeremy Hill vs Miami
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
would you guys start Dalton vs Miami or Siemian @ Tampa? ha I dont think i'm starting Jameis vs Denver this week. I'm leaning towards Dalton..hopefully Eifert returns this week

Also, which two of these would you start? Stefon Diggs vs Giants, Emmanuel Sanders @ Tampa, or Jeremy Hill vs Miami

I have Sanders and Diggs, they've both had 1 excellent week each so far. Jeremy Hill isn;t on my team, but he killed it last week, and the Dolphins don't look like they're up to much, so probably would roll with Hill.

Sanders > Diggs for me, think the Giants secondary is better than Tampa's.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Probably Dalton.

Cody freakin Kessler threw for 250 against the sac awful Dolphins.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

WDIS: I need 3 of Jeffrey, Crabtree, Edelman and Crowder
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

I'd go Jeffrey/Edelman/Crowder.

BAL is excellent defensively this year.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

thanks!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

thanks!

NP. BAL has yet to allow more than 20 pts in a game this season although OAK is a likely candidate to potentially change that. Even still, Edelman/Jeffrey are #1 recievers on their team, and Crowder has a juicy matchup against Cleveland.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

thanks!

NP. BAL has yet to allow more than 20 pts in a game this season although OAK is a likely candidate to potentially change that. Even still, Edelman/Jeffrey are #1 recievers on their team, and Crowder has a juicy matchup against Cleveland.

I like the amount of targets Crowder is getting (most on team). He seems to have really good hands too, and Washington is passing a lot because their ground game sucks.

My main decision was between Edelman and Crabtree, given New England's current QB situation. Next week would be a no-brainer.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

thanks!

I like the amount of targets Crowder is getting (most on team). He seems to have really good hands too, and Washington is passing a lot because their ground game sucks.

My main decision was between Edelman and Crabtree, given New England's current QB situation. Next week would be a no-brainer.

I wouldn't be excited about playing either, but I'd still lean Edelman. At worst, Edelman represents a check down target for the younger NE QBs and he is the #1 guy there. Crabtree is more of a crabshoot =) I mean, it all boils down to whether you're a gambling man. Edelman to me represents a higher floor but lower ceiling while Crabtree offers a higher ceiling but lower floor.

And in fantasy, and in poker, I'm generally risk adverse. Ha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 9 of 21
Jump to: