View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Pickup of the week, Cameron Meredith with the Bears. White is out, Jeffrey is injured but still attracting the defensive attention, so Meredith had a good game last week and should for the next couple. Kaepernick is starting, is he worth picking up?

I hope some of you paid attention. He got 14 points in my Yahoo league.
i did, picked him up ha thanks for that!

Yeah, good call on that. I like what I've seen from him. He was only available in 1 of my leagues, and I didn't want to waive anyone for him (plus I have Alshon in that same league). I think he's going to continue to be heavily targeted each week.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

So do you guys think Ajayi is going to be their #1 going forward? And if yes, is he actually good enough to keep up a start-worthy level of production in a shallow league?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
So do you guys think Ajayi is going to be their #1 going forward? And if yes, is he actually good enough to keep up a start-worthy level of production in a shallow league?

Possibly at least for this year and No. Today was the Steelers annual mid season epic collapse. And I'm a Dolphins fan. He's also injury prone like Foster without the same work ethic that made Foster a star after being undrafted.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

It's hard to say but it does seem like Foster is done. He just can't stay on the field. Ajayi is worth a stash IMO.

But buyer beware because Miami is likely going to be trailing in a lot of games which means they'll need to throw. But he will be the #1 add in leagues this week and definitely merits a bench spot. With RBs it's all about volume.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

So who else had the joy of playing against DJ tonight? Nothing like being up more than 30 and losing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I was tied going in and have Palmer while my opponent has Marshall. After the first half I was losing, but then Palmer put it together in the second half.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
So who else had the joy of playing against DJ tonight? Nothing like being up more than 30 and losing.

I went against him too, but luckily I was up 70 headed in to the game. I had OBJ and Lamar Miller to offset DJ haha
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

I went against him too, but luckily I was up 70 headed in to the game. I had OBJ and Lamar Miller to offset DJ haha

How did you get both those guys? Trade? Or super shallow league?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

How did you get both those guys? Trade? Or super shallow league?

I feel like we've been over this earlier in this thread somewhere

Only 7 teams in the league, so every team is pretty stacked, and on top of that I probably have the best team.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

I think that someone here may have said that DJ was the best RB in real and fantasy football and that the "threat" of Chris Johnson was nothing to worry about.

Can't think of who that person is.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject:

What is Hunter Henry's dynasty value? Could he be a top 3 TE next season?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I think that someone here may have said that DJ was the best RB in real and fantasy football and that the "threat" of Chris Johnson was nothing to worry about.

Can't think of who that person is.

I regret not taking him in the LG league.

Though if ODB keeps having games like the last one, I think I'll be all right.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Not sure about next year. Rumor has it Gates is going to play one more year, which will limit his snap count a bit, though he will probably still be the #1 TE for SD. There's also the slim possibility that the Chargers try to deal Rivers to a contender if they have another 4-12 type of year or and/or if they move to LA, which would kill Henry's value. Again, slim chance, but it's there IMO.

However, if Gates doesn't retire, and the Chargers don't get rid of Rivers, I'd answer your question with a tentative yes. The kid has all the talent in the world, very athletic and hands like steel clamps. He's the real deal and will be a top TE in his prime. Just know you'd be taking a slight risk with him for next year.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Not sure about next year. Rumor has it Gates is going to play one more year, which will limit his snap count a bit, though he will probably still be the #1 TE for SD. There's also the slim possibility that the Chargers try to deal Rivers to a contender if they have another 4-12 type of year or and/or if they move to LA, which would kill Henry's value. Again, slim chance, but it's there IMO.

However, if Gates doesn't retire, and the Chargers don't get rid of Rivers, I'd answer your question with a tentative yes. The kid has all the talent in the world, very athletic and hands like steel clamps. He's the real deal and will be a top TE in his prime. Just know you'd be taking a slight risk with him for next year.

Good info. Thank you. I'm thinking about using 25% of my FAAB on him tomorrow, with the thought that I'll keep him for a 10th Round pick next season (undrafted keepers default to 10th). He looks like a legit top 3 TE and has produced even with Gates back.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Good info. Thank you. I'm thinking about using 25% of my FAAB on him tomorrow, with the thought that I'll keep him for a 10th Round pick next season (undrafted keepers default to 10th). He looks like a legit top 3 TE and has produced even with Gates back.

If all you're giving up is a 10th round pick, then absolutely stash him. He'll be a start-able TE regardless of league depth next year no doubt as long as Rivers is still under center (which again, I'd say is extremely likely).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject:

Hunter Henry is legit. And I can't see the Chargers trading Rivers. He's their franchise and he has a lot of football left. If he was going to separate from the Chargers, it would have been last offseason when he was threatening to retire. But they gave him the big contract and he's not going anywhere.

Oh, and Antonio Gates is done. He's really on his last legs. Henry could be a top-8 TE this season even with Gates around, because Mike McCoy is trying to keep his job and the coaches can't be stupid enough to keep the more talented player off the field. Yeah, Gates will still get some looks and some goal-line targets perhaps, but Henry is going to be on the field a lot, and they don't have a true #1 pass-catching target with Allen out.

Oh, and they are playing the Falcons this week. Giddy up, because it's gonna be a shootout.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

So I'm in a 12 team half point PPR League. It's 3 wide receivers and 2 running backs with no flex. My running backs are DeMarco Murray, Melvin Gordon, Christine Micheal, and Rashad Jennings.

I was offered DeAndre Hopkins and Jordan Howard for DeMarco Murray. I'm strongly considering it. Do I take it?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
So I'm in a 12 team half point PPR League. It's 3 wide receivers and 2 running backs with no flex. My running backs are DeMarco Murray, Melvin Gordon, Christine Micheal, and Rashad Jennings.

I was offered DeAndre Hopkins and Jordan Howard for DeMarco Murray. I'm strongly considering it. Do I take it?

I wouldn't. Osweiler is just killing Hopkins, and even if Hopkins may have some good games, it just doesn't look like he's going to be the stud WR1 we thought he was. And Jordan Howard lost significant work to Kadeem Carey last week, and their schedule for running doesn't look so great going forward. Murray looks great and is basically a no-doubt top 5 RB1 play right now. If the WR you were getting were better--like an AJ Green or something--I'd probably do it, but I would stand pat if I were you and just start Murray and Michael most weeks. (Melvin Gordon is only keeping his value afloat because he's scoring TD's, and he's due for some TD regression moving forward.) I'd start Gordon over Michael this week though, given the matchups for each.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Who picked up and played Ty Montgomery this week? This guy!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Meanwhile. I started both Cameron Merideth and Jordin Howard. Twas a long nite.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Meanwhile. I started both Cameron Merideth and Jordin Howard. Twas a long nite.

I also had both of them along with Montgomery.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Fantasy football is the true test of whether you could ever like a player or not. I've got Tom Brady in my big money league and I still find myself wishing for interceptions watching this Pittsburgh game. This is the first year I've ever had him and it's not helping the disdain one bit.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Fantasy football is the true test of whether you could ever like a player or not. I've got Tom Brady in my big money league and I still find myself wishing for interceptions watching this Pittsburgh game. This is the first year I've ever had him and it's not helping the disdain one bit.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Since I'm having an awful week, I need Brady to play well so that the Team leading our league loses. But on a personal level, I'd be delighted to log onto sportscenter and see video that Brady was sacked so hard that when his overinflated head slammed into the ground it exploded and then under the guise of attempting to offer help, Belicheck runs out on the field sporting a hidden camera and when he leans over Brady's headless corpse, out falls the Steelers playbook.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Since I'm having an awful week, I need Brady to play well so that the Team leading our league loses. But on a personal level, I'd be delighted to log onto sportscenter and see video that Brady was sacked so hard that when his overinflated head slammed into the ground it exploded and then under the guise of attempting to offer help, Belicheck runs out on the field sporting a hidden camera and when he leans over Brady's headless corpse, out falls the Steelers playbook.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I did too in one of my leagues. I started both Cobb and Montgomery. PPR. And I only won by 13 points (he got a 16 because although this league is PPR, they only award 1 point per 20 yards and not 10) and my alternative was John Brown going into the week on Thursday.

Need to avoid an 18 from Nick Novak tonight to win in my second-biggest league. I was down 6 going into last night's game but David Johnson looks like he may have saved me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21
Jump to: