Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Who picked up and played Ty Montgomery this week? This guy!

I did too in one of my leagues. I started both Cobb and Montgomery. PPR. And I only won by 13 points (he got a 16 because although this league is PPR, they only award 1 point per 20 yards and not 10) and my alternative was John Brown going into the week on Thursday.

Need to avoid an 18 from Nick Novak tonight to win in my second-biggest league. I was down 6 going into last night's game but David Johnson looks like he may have saved me.

I tried to get him but someone ahead of me in waivers got him last week. Then I see before the Sunday games started that the guy dropped him right before the start of TNF for Don Jackson.

I hope the 2 people ahead of me on the waiver wire go for someone else. ESPN just gave him the coveted WR/RB designation.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Montgomery is definitely more valuable if he can be used as a WR. But sure, the dual eligibility only helps. But if you must use him as a RB, his value does lessen IMO.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Montgomery is definitely more valuable if he can be used as a WR. But sure, the dual eligibility only helps. But if you must use him as a RB, his value does lessen IMO.

I don't see how it's different? Points for WR and RB are scored the same way in the leagues I'm in. ESPN letting you also use him as a RB just gives you roster flexibility.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

Lost by 0.2 points this week, now going into next week with both Hyde & Bell on bye, and Jordan Reed's status up in the air.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Lost by 0.2 points this week, now going into next week with both Hyde & Bell on bye, and Jordan Reed's status up in the air.

That's rough man. Last year, I scored the most points in my league, but I barely made the playoffs and lost in the first round (with David Johnson on my team). Luck is a huge component in FF, and I have been lucky this year at 5-2 without a true WR1 or RB1 on my team (I have Hopkins and Freeman as the closest thing to top tier players).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I don't see how it's different? Points for WR and RB are scored the same way in the leagues I'm in. ESPN letting you also use him as a RB just gives you roster flexibility.

Because RB's get more touches and if you can use him as a WR, you're guaranteed more volume than most WR's get. In other words, he has a much safer floor as a WR.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Because RB's get more touches and if you can use him as a WR, you're guaranteed more volume than most WR's get. In other words, he has a much safer floor as a WR.

That's roster dependent. He's going to get the same amount of points regardless. The only variable is the player he's replacing in your lineup, so the potential value changes from roster to roster. In the LG league, because my RBs are ass, he would definitely be more valuable at RB.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

would you guys start Ty montgomery @ atl or michael thomas v sea over allen robinson @ ten or Kelvin v ari this week?

Also..need your opinion. Is my Odell too much to trade for Jay Ajayi?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
would you guys start Ty montgomery @ atl or michael thomas v sea over allen robinson @ ten or Kelvin v ari this week?

Post the two rosters.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Post the two rosters.

Mine is
Jameis/Wentz
Leveon/Latavius/J Howard
Odell/Kelvin/Dez/Allen Rob/Marvin Jones/C Meredith
Reed/V Davis

His is
Flacco/Bortles
L Miller/Jay Ajayi/Carlso Hyde/Sims
Julio/Hilton/Alshon/D Parker/K Aiken
Martellus/Eifert

My thing was that Alshon hasn't done so well for him..so i was going to see if he'd do odell for ajayi and hed still have miller & hyde
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Post the two rosters.

Mine is
Jameis/Wentz
Leveon/Latavius/J Howard
Odell/Kelvin/Dez/Allen Rob/Marvin Jones/C Meredith
Reed/V Davis

His is
Flacco/Bortles
L Miller/Jay Ajayi/Carlso Hyde/Sims
Julio/Hilton/Alshon/D Parker/K Aiken
Martellus/Eifert

My thing was that Alshon hasn't done so well for him..so i was going to see if he'd do odell for ajayi and hed still have miller & hyde

I'm not sure that I would do it--we're still working with a very small sample size for Ajayi compared to Beckham--and I would start Ty Montgomery.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Should I accept a trade where I would acquire Ben Roethlisberger and give away Doug Martin?

Currently, my QB is Tyrod Taylor, and my RBs are Devonta Freeman/Isaiah Crowell/Theo Riddick.

Any opinions/insights would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I am not sure that either Ben or Martin will play again this season.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

My kicker left 4 points on the board and only managed 1 measly point this week.
Julio decided to take the day off.
Fleener was a dud.
Latavius Murray didn't do much for me either.

Had a chance to move into a tie for 1st after starting 1 and 3. Minnesota needs to score like 30 for me to have a chance.

Most likely sliding back to .500 and 5th / 6th place.

Damn.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject:

How about the Ty Montgomery surprise inactivity today? On FanDuel, once any player in your lineup has had his game start, the rest of your lineup is frozen; you aren't allowed to make changes, so anyone that had Montgomery in all-day Sunday lineups (like the big Sunday Million contest) was screwed and was forced to take a 0. I also had to take a 0 with him in one of my Yahoo leagues. I had no other realistic option, as any AM option had already been on my bench, and I would've had to waive an obvious starter on his bye week just to clear the lineup spot. Luckily, I ended up winning in that league today anyway, but I was pretty upset when I heard that he wasn't going to play.

Just another reason that people should hate Mike McCarthy. News of his likely deactivation didn't come until about 10:40AM on Sunday morning, a little over an hour before they were required to post their active/inactive list, and they had to have known well before that point in time that he wasn't going to play. He should have been listed as doubtful at some point in time as the week progressed. Don't you just love NFL gamesmanship? I suppose now that the Packers are running a gimmick offense, they need to try to get over on crap like this.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject:

Alright so I'm down by 8 with only my flex left to play. I have Jordan Howard, Ka'Deem Carey, and Cameron Meredith. Who should I go with?

Also it's 0.2 points per reception.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
How about the Ty Montgomery surprise inactivity today? On FanDuel, once any player in your lineup has had his game start, the rest of your lineup is frozen; you aren't allowed to make changes, so anyone that had Montgomery in all-day Sunday lineups (like the big Sunday Million contest) was screwed and was forced to take a 0. I also had to take a 0 with him in one of my Yahoo leagues. I had no other realistic option, as any AM option had already been on my bench, and I would've had to waive an obvious starter on his bye week just to clear the lineup spot. Luckily, I ended up winning in that league today anyway, but I was pretty upset when I heard that he wasn't going to play.

Just another reason that people should hate Mike McCarthy. News of his likely deactivation didn't come until about 10:40AM on Sunday morning, a little over an hour before they were required to post their active/inactive list, and they had to have known well before that point in time that he wasn't going to play. He should have been listed as doubtful at some point in time as the week progressed. Don't you just love NFL gamesmanship? I suppose now that the Packers are running a gimmick offense, they need to try to get over on crap like this.
(bleep) that dick head. i took a fat 0 in both my squads cuz of Ty. i didnt see him on the field for several plays, so i finally checked on him and see hes listed as inactive for the game. but he wasn't earlier in the morning..smh
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Alright so I'm down by 8 with only my flex left to play. I have Jordan Howard, Ka'Deem Carey, and Cameron Meredith. Who should I go with?

None are great options against Minnesota. If it were me, I'd probably play... Ka'Deem Carey because he can run and catch passes.

Plus, I have no clue of Jay Cutler's preference for Cameron Meredith over Alshon Jeffrey but I have to assume he's going to prioritize the latter given their history.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

None are great options against Minnesota. If it were me, I'd probably play... Ka'Deem Carey because he can run and catch passes.

Plus, I have no clue of Jay Cutler's preference for Cameron Meredith over Alshon Jeffrey but I have to assume he's going to prioritize the latter given their history.

That's my thought process as well. I think my best bet is a running back getting a goal line carry for a touchdown. But who knows who will get those carries.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

That's my thought process as well. I think my best bet is a running back getting a goal line carry for a touchdown. But who knows who will get those carries.

Jordan Howard for goal line carries I think. I mean, I don't see why they don't make Jordan Howard their every down back at this point. They aren't winning anything, might as well give their young guys some reps. Carey can be the change of pace back and Langford can spell Howard when he is tired.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

Got a battering this week, started my season 5-0, now on a 3 game losing streak. Getting almost no production from the WR spot with Sanders & Diggs, then have too many RBs.

Do you guys think it's worth me keeping Jeremy Langford & Dion Lewis on my bench, or should I ditch and look for WR help instead?

My other RBs are Le'Veon Bell, Carlos Hyde & Spencer Ware, also have Eddie Lacy & James White on my bench.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I saw the news 2 hours before the game. Hurried up and picked up Don Jackson.

He only got me 1 point but sometimes you need that 1 point! I lost a couple weeks ago because of a tiebreaker while having a player score 0.

I didn't know the illness was that serious. He practiced on a limited basis all week but the reports were that he was likely to play. They really need to bring back the probable tag.

Last edited by USCandLakers on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am not sure that either Ben or Martin will play again this season.

Doug Martin has an opportunity with Quizz hurting, but I agree that he has a low chance of returning this season. However, Big Ben is expected back this week: Source
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject:

Lost by 4, I blame Ingram.

Wondering if he'll stay in Peyton's dog house for a while.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Got a battering this week, started my season 5-0, now on a 3 game losing streak. Getting almost no production from the WR spot with Sanders & Diggs, then have too many RBs.

Do you guys think it's worth me keeping Jeremy Langford & Dion Lewis on my bench, or should I ditch and look for WR help instead?

My other RBs are Le'Veon Bell, Carlos Hyde & Spencer Ware, also have Eddie Lacy & James White on my bench.

Since Bell and Hyde already had their bye week, you should drop Langford and Eddy Lacy and don't look back. I'd hold on to the Pats RB's though.

Edit: you can probably trade Lacy for a WR.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21
Jump to: