Official 2016 Fantasy Football Advice/Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Snapped a 5 game losing streak this week. Le'Veon Bell rounding nicely into form at the moment, and Brady continuing to do well.

Question - do I keep the Pats D against Jets this week? I have waiver claim in for Chargers at moment, so if I get them do I roll with Pats or Bolts?

With turnover machine Fitzpatrick starting for the Jets, I would roll with New England. And with the way that the refs so clearly screwed Houston last night, I'm expecting them to magically get a few calls and control that game vs. the Chargers.

Last edited by ChickenStu on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Pick 2 RB's to start this week:

Theo Riddick
Thomas Rawls
Lagarrete Blount
Rob Kelley
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Theo Riddick
Thomas Rawls
Lagarrete Blount
Rob Kelley

Kelley and Rawls
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Theo Riddick
Thomas Rawls
Lagarrete Blount
Rob Kelley

Kelley and Rawls

My thoughts were Riddick and Rawls. Why Kelley?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Theo Riddick
Thomas Rawls
Lagarrete Blount
Rob Kelley

Kelley and Rawls.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I rolled with Riddick over Kelley. Neither produced much, but Riddick more. Of course now Blount will go off on Sunday.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
I rolled with Riddick over Kelley. Neither produced much, but Riddick more. Of course now Blount will go off on Sunday.

Don't worry. Rawls will carry you.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

One last (bleep) you from Russell Wilson and I'm knocked out of the playoffs. If I weren't a Seahawks fan I'd hate him. How many games without a TD, Russell? HOW MANY? Second straight season I've had a very good team held back by my second QB. I don't think I'm made for this 2QB stuff.

Welp, onto the LG league where I'm likely to get steamrolled by PLATNUM.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
One last (bleep) you from Russell Wilson and I'm knocked out of the playoffs. If I weren't a Seahawks fan I'd hate him. How many games without a TD, Russell? HOW MANY? Second straight season I've had a very good team held back by my second QB. I don't think I'm made for this 2QB stuff.

I lost today, man. Like I said I've had it way too easy. My biggest fear is that I peaked too early. It's better to get hot right at the END of the season. But, any given Sunday someone can have a few players go off and you never know. I had a pretty high scoring week and STILL lost.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Glad I picked up Tyreek Hill
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Moses wrote:
Snapped a 5 game losing streak this week. Le'Veon Bell rounding nicely into form at the moment, and Brady continuing to do well.

Question - do I keep the Pats D against Jets this week? I have waiver claim in for Chargers at moment, so if I get them do I roll with Pats or Bolts?

With turnover machine Fitzpatrick starting for the Jets, I would roll with New England. And with the way that the refs so clearly screwed Houston last night, I'm expecting them to magically get a few calls and control that game vs. the Chargers.

Well, that didn't happen!
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

I lost today, man. Like I said I've had it way too easy. My biggest fear is that I peaked too early. It's better to get hot right at the END of the season. But, any given Sunday someone can have a few players go off and you never know. I had a pretty high scoring week and STILL lost.

True. True.

But I'm still hoping I get the #2 seed so I don't have to potentially play you until the championship. Also that first round bye would be nice.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Moses wrote:

Well, that didn't happen!

Went with your advice too

Fortunately I won comfortably so wouldn't have mattered, could've had no defense at all and still won. And most importantly, my Bolts got a W

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

I feel ya bruddah. I always suggest everyone play in at least one 2QB league at least once. It changes your whole perspective on Fantasy. Definitely not for the feint of heart. If either one of your 2 QB's has an off day like Russell did, then you're pretty much sunk for that week. If it's any consolation, just be glad you didn't trot out Jimmy Graham, Rawls, & Lockett alongside Russell yesterday. The offense had been rolling, so I rolled the dice and came up gooses. I was in a tied for 1st with a team far superior to mine and even though he had his worse day of the season, I couldn't take advantage of it due to going all in on that joke of a Seahawk offense. It was an UGGLY Day! lol
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

I feel ya bruddah. I always suggest everyone play in at least one 2QB league at least once. It changes your whole perspective on Fantasy. Definitely not for the feint of heart. If either one of your 2 QB's has an off day like Russell did, then you're pretty much sunk for that week. If it's any consolation, just be glad you didn't trot out Jimmy Graham, Rawls, & Lockett alongside Russell yesterday. The offense had been rolling, so I rolled the dice and came up gooses. I was in a tied for 1st with a team far superior to mine and even though he had his worse day of the season, I couldn't take advantage of it due to going all in on that joke of a Seahawk offense. It was an UGGLY Day! lol

I ran out Rawls and Graham in my work league. Graham actually got 2 more points than Olsen though, who I benched for Graham. What a crappy week for high-end TE's.

I thought Rawls was going to feast being the only active RB. Uggggggh.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Oh I had Rawls too. The week started out so good with Reed, Bell, Big Ben and Crowder. Evans tried his best to save me.

Tell me about it with the 2QB part. Last year I had Peyton. This year Russell. I think these have been the highest ADP QB duds of the past two seasons in all of fantasy. And I just happened to draft both. I think the problem is not that I drafted them, it's been my unwillingness to let them go. "He'll perform next week. If I drop him someone else is just going to pick him up." Just have to avoid that mentality next time. Despite there being only 4 starting QBs on the waivers in any given week in my league, I would have been fine streaming those QBs after what Petyon and Russell have done with the past two seasons.

At least I wised up in the LG league and benched Cam for Kap.

Russell's 0 TD games have left me traumatized. How many, Russell? HOW MANY IS ENOUGH?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject:

would you play the packer D vs Hou or the Chargers D vs Tampa?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I'm asking myself this same question, as I have a league where both are available and I won't be playing the Bills D against the Raiders. GB's D was annihilated over a 4-game stretch, before looking decent last night. But I think a lot of that may have been due to the conservative nature of the Eagles' offense, and that they don't have the WR talent to make GB pay. But Houston has Osweiler at QB, so can he even effectively get the ball to his WR's? As for SD, they just had a nice game against the aforementioned Osweiler, but Winston's been playing fairly well. I suppose I'd go with GB just because of the sinking ship that is Osweiler. But I think it's pretty close.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I went back to SD over GB for my waiver picks. I'll find out soon what I got. Bosa is wreaking havoc, and Clay Matthews might be out, so I guess that tipped it for SD for me. But it is probably close.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

I'm asking myself this same question, as I have a league where both are available and I won't be playing the Bills D against the Raiders. GB's D was annihilated over a 4-game stretch, before looking decent last night. But I think a lot of that may have been due to the conservative nature of the Eagles' offense, and that they don't have the WR talent to make GB pay. But Houston has Osweiler at QB, so can he even effectively get the ball to his WR's? As for SD, they just had a nice game against the aforementioned Osweiler, but Winston's been playing fairly well. I suppose I'd go with GB just because of the sinking ship that is Osweiler. But I think it's pretty close.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I went back to SD over GB for my waiver picks. I'll find out soon what I got. Bosa is wreaking havoc, and Clay Matthews might be out, so I guess that tipped it for SD for me. But it is probably close.
my thoughts too. GB may not be as good defensively but houston is bad offensively. I think brock might be the worst QB in the league. Hes thrown more picks than TDs. and i think tampa is feeling pretty good right now so i expect them to put up points against SD. we'll see though..like you said, it's pretty close
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Chargers.

Also, Chargers play CLE in Week 16, so if you can ride two defenses and find one to play for you in Week 14/15, even better.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Same choices this week; start one:

Blount, Kelley or Rawls? Blount has the easiest matchup and is overdue for a TD and may see more touches with Gronk out. I'm leaning Blount, with Rawls a near 2nd.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Same choices this week; start one:

Blount, Kelley or Rawls? Blount has the easiest matchup and is overdue for a TD and may see more touches with Gronk out. I'm leaning Blount, with Rawls a near 2nd.

For me Blount is the easy call here. They are 14 point favorites and it figures that the Pats might be a little more balanced offensively without Gronk. I do like Rawls to rebound this week, even in a tough matchup, but to me, Blount offers the combination of almost certain positive game script/TD upside/matchup that the others just don't have.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Thomas (bleep) Rawls.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Thomas (bleep) Rawls.

I had him in one of my leagues, at least. Seattle is just so much better at home, and I felt that they essentially took a mental week off last week, so I did think Rawls would do well tonight. (Not as well as he did, of course.)

I'm upset that I got SD D instead of GB because once I knew it was going to be snowy there, it totally tipped the scales in favor of GB. I still ended up winning in that league, at least. I won even though I had SD D (4 points), Brees, and Santos; David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Zach Ertz, and Dez Bryant basically carried the day for me.

David Johnson is basically like a bigger version of Marshall Faulk. Perhaps not quite as elusive, but pretty damn close, and he has more power. Man, he's great.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Thomas (bleep) Rawls.

I had him in one of my leagues, at least. Seattle is just so much better at home, and I felt that they essentially took a mental week off last week, so I did think Rawls would do well tonight. (Not as well as he did, of course.)

I'm upset that I got SD D instead of GB because once I knew it was going to be snowy there, it totally tipped the scales in favor of GB. I still ended up winning in that league, at least. I won even though I had SD D (4 points), Brees, and Santos; David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Zach Ertz, and Dez Bryant basically carried the day for me.

David Johnson is basically like a bigger version of Marshall Faulk. Perhaps not quite as elusive, but pretty damn close, and he has more power. Man, he's great.

I sat him for Blount. He outscored him by 10 points in my league. If TY Hilton gets 20 points tonight, those 10 points will haunt me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21
Jump to: