Official 2016-17 Lakers Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My guess as to roster:

1.DLO
2.JC
3.Deng
4.Moz
5.Ingram
6.Randle
7.Nance
8.Lou
9.Calderon
10. Huertas
11. Yi
12. Zubac
13. Black
14. Brown

Final spot? Who knows.

I think the final spot will go to Young as his contract is guaranteed.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
My guess as to roster:

1.DLO
2.JC
3.Deng
4.Moz
5.Ingram
6.Randle
7.Nance
8.Lou
9.Calderon
10. Huertas
11. Yi
12. Zubac
13. Black
14. Brown

Final spot? Who knows.

Between TRob and Auguste, I would assume. I really hope they don't give Swagy another chance...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject:

Lakers sign forward Thomas Robinson, likely to sign Metta World Peace too
Quote:
The Lakers are set to round out their training camp roster with veterans Metta World Peace and Thomas Robinson.

An agreement is expected soon with World Peace, 36, for a one-year, nonguaranteed contract. Robinson, 25, has officially signed with the Lakers, the team announced.

“I can still play,” World Peace told Time Warner Cable. “It's great to be going to training camp.”

The Vertical first reported both player acquisition

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-metta-world-peace-20160921-snap-story.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

Whew, are we there yet???

1. Jordan Clarkson
2. D'Angelo Russell
3. Larry Nance Jr.
4. Lou Williams
5. Julius Randle
6. Brandon Ingram
7. Ivica Zubak
8. Timofey Mozgov
9. Loul Deng
10. Tarik Black
11. Anthony Brown
12. Marcelo Huertas
13. Jose Calderon
14. Yi Jianlian
15. Zach Auguste
16. Travis Wear
17. Thomas Robinson
18. Metta World Peace
19. Julian Jacobs
20. *Nick Young
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

The C/PF battles for mpg is going to intense and intriguing to to see who makes the final roster and gets playing time this season.

Some of the possible roster combinations could get really interesting depending on how Walton uses them.

So training camp roster currently is? IMO borderline final roster players in parenthesis.

C- Mozgov / Black /Zubac / (Yi)
PF- Randle/ Nance / (Robinson /Auguste)
SF- Deng / Ingram / (Young / MWP / Wear)
SG- Clarkson / Williams / Brown / (Jacobs)
PG- Russell / Claderon / Huertas

Tough choices. IMO Yi / Robinson / MWP / Young the most likely battling for 2 roster spots in that order.

Would the Lakers go that frontline heavy? Does Young make the team?

Loving the possibilities of some of those combos though.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The C/PF battles for mpg is going to intense and intriguing to to see who makes the final roster and gets playing time this season.

Some of the possible roster combinations could get really interesting depending on how Walton uses them.

So training camp roster currently is? IMO borderline final roster players in parenthesis.

Tough choices. IMO Yi / Robinson / MWP / Young the most likely battling for 2 roster spots in that order.

Agreed.

Training camp is going to be highly competitive with players having to perform at a high level in order to earn playing time.

It's also going to be interesting to see how each player fits into Luke's system.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

Nick Young likely to participate in Lakers’ training camp
Quote:
According to Mike Bresnahan of Spectrum Sportsnet, Nick Young will likely participate in the Lakers’ training camp next week at the college campus of Santa Barbra. Throughout the summer and most of the offseason, it was reported that the Lakers were looking for a way to trade or cut Young from the team. It seems the Lakers have decided to hold on to Young a little longer.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2016/09/21/nick-young-participate-lakers-training-camp/
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
According to Mike Bresnahan of Spectrum Sportsnet, Nick Young will likely participate in the Lakers’ training camp next week at the college campus of Santa Barbra. Throughout the summer and most of the offseason, it was reported that the Lakers were looking for a way to trade or cut Young from the team. It seems the Lakers have decided to hold on to Young a little longer.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2016/09/21/nick-young-participate-lakers-training-camp/

hate to be "that guy", but I called this months ago....I just didn't see the Lakers eating 2 years of that contract unless they get backed into a corner with no options. If Nick comes out and takes his role serious, and is an efficient scorer off the bench, he will find love in Laker Nation very quickly.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Ugh.

Hey kids! Here comes Swaggy the Clown! Honk! Honk!

Please, for the love of Chick Hearn, let's move on from this fool already.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

It is likely that all players under contract will participate in training camp. Will Breshahan's next shocker be "water is wet"?
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject:

Things can't get any worse with Nick Young. The addition of the new coaching staff plus the veterans will stay off any bad influence on the youngsters. Our rookies and 2nd year players are all high character guys - evidenced by all the off-season work they've put in.

I hope for Swaggy to get off to a great start - so we can trade him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Ugh.

I wanna see how he does under a real coach in Luke.
farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
B_P wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Ugh.

Agree! I think it's too early to write off Young. I think he can be a great contribute off the bench in Luke's system. Young and Williams off the bench makes Lakers one of the better scoring benches in the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
B_P wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Ugh.

Agree! I think it's too early to write off Young. I think he can be a great contribute off the bench in Luke's system. Young and Williams off the bench makes Lakers one of the better scoring benches in the league.

I don't think we need 2 guys who are ball dominant chuckers. I'd gladly replace Young with a defensive minded wing.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

^Which is why fans should be pulling for Brown instead of hoping the Lakers give up on him. He has the potential to provide two skills that the team, especially the second unit, desperately needs: outside shooting and solid perimeter defense.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

I think Yi and Young both are on the team. I don't believe any of the other last minute camp signings have any chance unless there is an injury. I'm fine with that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

It is likely that all players under contract will participate in training camp. Will Breshahan's next shocker be "water is wet"?

under normal circumstances, but the narrative has been the FO would desire to keep Nick's disruptive attitude (or however you prefer to describe it) from the new young group. If that was true, and the plan was to cut him, I don't see the FO allowing him to interact with the team during camp where a lot of foundation and bond is created. Just my opinion.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
B_P wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Ugh.

I don't think we need 2 guys who are ball dominant chuckers. I'd gladly replace Young with a defensive minded wing.

Who do you have in mind?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather just give Anthony Brown, Nick Young's minutes. I hope he gets cut after training camp. I feel like as long as Nick Young is here, some fans will never move on from the whole cheating debacle.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
I'd rather just give Anthony Brown, Nick Young's minutes. I hope he gets cut after training camp. I feel like as long as Nick Young is here, some fans will never move on from the whole cheating debacle.

You can say the Media too to some degree
NYClaker13
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I was browsing through my TV guide and it showed NBA Real Training Camp: Los Angeles Lakers on 9/30/16 NBATV. Can anybody else check?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

NYClaker13 wrote:
I was browsing through my TV guide and it showed NBA Real Training Camp: Los Angeles Lakers on 9/30/16 NBATV. Can anybody else check?

my guide says the same thing
NYClaker13
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:

Nice! I would love to see how Luke interact with the team compared to Byron.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

NYClaker13 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:

Nice! I would love to see how Luke interact with the team compared to Byron.

It will probably be less drills and more communication, Luke knows how to get players to respect him, that's why Scott failed as a coach cause he couldn't get players to communicate.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

NYClaker13 wrote:

Saw the Twolves one last season and Sam Mitchell had them running the same defensive drill over and over again. Wasn't fun to watch. You can tell the youngsters got nothing out of it during the season.

The Lakers one should be very exciting. I'm def gonna DVR it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 13 of 47
Jump to: