Official 2016-17 Lakers Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

NYClaker13 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:
I was browsing through my TV guide and it showed NBA Real Training Camp: Los Angeles Lakers on 9/30/16 NBATV. Can anybody else check?

my guide says the same thing

Nice! I would love to see how Luke interact with the team compared to Byron.

last time we were on real training camp all I remember was running drills and byron telling guards to double the post hard, I think reggie miller was on the broadcast too

steve nash running 30 miles in training camp for what byron

this one should be waaaaay better, mermuys better get some camera time
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:
I was browsing through my TV guide and it showed NBA Real Training Camp: Los Angeles Lakers on 9/30/16 NBATV. Can anybody else check?

last time we were on real training camp all I remember was running drills and byron telling guards to double the post hard, I think reggie miller was on the broadcast too

I hope they have another open practice this year and I can get tickets like last year! Please Lord! LOL

In the mean time I'm watch the full episode of Marshawn & Bear Grylls anph
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:

I hope they have another open practice this year and I can get tickets like last year! Please Lord! LOL

In the mean time I'm watch the full episode of Marshawn & Bear Grylls anph

Marshawn was not with the nonsense at all
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Marshawn was not with the nonsense at all

"Bear be trippin, on mamas"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Nick Young likely to participate in Lakers’ training camp
Quote:
According to Mike Bresnahan of Spectrum Sportsnet, Nick Young will likely participate in the Lakers’ training camp next week at the college campus of Santa Barbra. Throughout the summer and most of the offseason, it was reported that the Lakers were looking for a way to trade or cut Young from the team. It seems the Lakers have decided to hold on to Young a little longer.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2016/09/21/nick-young-participate-lakers-training-camp/

It is likely that all players under contract will participate in training camp. Will Breshahan's next shocker be "water is wet"?

under normal circumstances, but the narrative has been the FO would desire to keep Nick's disruptive attitude (or however you prefer to describe it) from the new young group. If that was true, and the plan was to cut him, I don't see the FO allowing him to interact with the team during camp where a lot of foundation and bond is created. Just my opinion.

But if they're gonna waive him, why wait until after camp has already started? Or if they're that determined to be rid of him they could just buy him out, because it's pretty obvious by now that they're not gonna find a team that's willing to trade for him. If he's still gonna be on the roster come Tuesday I'd imagine he'll participate in training camp like any other player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Nick Young likely to participate in Lakers’ training camp
Quote:
According to Mike Bresnahan of Spectrum Sportsnet, Nick Young will likely participate in the Lakers’ training camp next week at the college campus of Santa Barbra. Throughout the summer and most of the offseason, it was reported that the Lakers were looking for a way to trade or cut Young from the team. It seems the Lakers have decided to hold on to Young a little longer.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2016/09/21/nick-young-participate-lakers-training-camp/

It is likely that all players under contract will participate in training camp. Will Breshahan's next shocker be "water is wet"?

under normal circumstances, but the narrative has been the FO would desire to keep Nick's disruptive attitude (or however you prefer to describe it) from the new young group. If that was true, and the plan was to cut him, I don't see the FO allowing him to interact with the team during camp where a lot of foundation and bond is created. Just my opinion.

But if they're gonna waive him, why wait until after camp has already started? Or if they're that determined to be rid of him they could just buy him out, because it's pretty obvious by now that they're not gonna find a team that's willing to trade for him. If he's still gonna be on the roster come Tuesday I'd imagine he'll participate in training camp like any other player.

Young might serve as a valuable guy who can knock down the 3, Lukes system loves those kind of players that's why Lakers are likely gonna see how he does before deciding if he's still the same guy personality wise and the same guy who didn't do much the last 2 years.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

So the training camp roster is.....

Guards: Russell, Jordan, Lou, Calderon, Huertas, Jacobs
Wings: Deng, Ingram, Brown, Young, Wear
Forward: Randle, Nance, Robinson, Auguste, MWP
Bigs: Mozgov, Black, Yi, Zu

20 players, 15 with significant guarantees (including Yi). Same as last year, LA has an excess of one-way guards who haven't earned their defensive stripes (Lou, Jordan, Calderon, Huertas). We also lack wing depth, especially when it makes sense for Deng to spend some time @ forward offensively. Good depth at forward and center, though Randle is the only one with the potential to play significantly better than average NBA starter.

Very interesting group. Should be a good year to watch the players grow while setting up a bigger move come July. Luke has his work cut out for him.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Final training camp roster: https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/779448402069250048

Nice mix of vets and young guys.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Wow - at the end of this weekend it's here!! Media Day, followed by Training Camp reports, then exhibition games!
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject:

10 more days until the Lakers are back on the floor!

It's nice to see the team is back on Real Training Camp because I want to see what Luke has them doing.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
So the training camp roster is.....

Guards: Russell, Jordan, Lou, Calderon, Huertas, Jacobs
Wings: Deng, Ingram, Brown, Young, Wear
Forward: Randle, Nance, Robinson, Auguste, MWP
Bigs: Mozgov, Black, Yi, Zu

20 players, 15 with significant guarantees (including Yi). Same as last year, LA has an excess of one-way guards who haven't earned their defensive stripes (Lou, Jordan, Calderon, Huertas). We also lack wing depth, especially when it makes sense for Deng to spend some time @ forward offensively. Good depth at forward and center, though Randle is the only one with the potential to play significantly better than average NBA starter.

Very interesting group. Should be a good year to watch the players grow while setting up a bigger move come July. Luke has his work cut out for him.

Well it seems like the team is going to give Young another chance away from Byron and Brown in case they need another SF to play.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject:

So excited!!!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
10 more days until the Lakers are back on the floor!

It's nice to see the team is back on Real Training Camp because I want to see what Luke has them doing.

huuuuuOMG
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject:

Lakers 2016 Training Camp Preview: Let the new era begin

As Los Angeles opens training camp, we examine the likely roster battles that will ensue and the questions they will have to resolve in structuring the team's rotation.

Quote:
To say that this training camp has been greeted with more anticipation among Lakers fans than the past few years goes without saying: this is the proverbial start of a new era, with the Lakers' new core pairing with a dynamic, young, and promising head coach to lead them away from a Kobe Bryant-dominated epoch.

Accompanying this new transition is the establishment of a new hierarchy on the team that replaces the one that was centered on Kobe, for good or ill, for much of the past two decades.

For the most part, the greater contours of this new hierarchy are fairly unambiguous. To wit, Luke has spoken at length of the leadership and leading role that D'Angelo Russell will play on the team and the remainder of the young core, whether Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, or otherwise, will fall behind him on the totem pole to varying degrees, at least for the purposes of next season.

The team's veterans, Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov in particular, are there to supplement the young core and aid them in their development, both in the locker room and on the court. Overall, the Lakers will go as far this year as their young players will take them and the roster is structured around that notion.

Continue... Let the new era begin!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
NYClaker13 wrote:

If you feel like being horrified just for the fun of it, here it is lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5TTtsg8QuU

SN: This is a Byron Scott practice session, so viewer discretion is advised. If you have any kids in the room, get them out.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Preseason is gonna display a lot of interesting storylines...

If Ingram has a crazy good preseason I think Luke will have a change of heart and install Ingram in the starting line-up.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Preseason is gonna display a lot of interesting storylines...

If Ingram has a crazy good preseason I think Luke will have a change of heart and install Ingram in the starting line-up.

#Dloading Program Ingram 2.0
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Training Camp Roster Currently Stands at 20 Players

Quote:
Heading into training camp, the Los Angeles Lakers roster currently stands at 20 players, five above the league maximum you can take into the regular season

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/09/24/lakers-training-camp-roster-currently-stands-20-players/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lakers Training Camp Roster Currently Stands at 20 Players

Quote:
Heading into training camp, the Los Angeles Lakers roster currently stands at 20 players, five above the league maximum you can take into the regular season

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/09/24/lakers-training-camp-roster-currently-stands-20-players/

Funny part about the added 5 players is that most of them won't even get much PT in preseason, I think once the preseason concludes, you will see guys like Robinson and others sent to the D-League, MWP might be the only one who might get some burn cause of his experience.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Popcorn Machine: Training Camp Preview

Quote:
The offseason is almost officially over, as the Lakers will tip off their 2016-17 campaign with training camp next week.
The purple and gold will have 20 players in Santa Barbara and each has something to gain before the regular season begins.
Lakers.com’s Joey Ramirez and Rodrigo Azurmendi discuss the storylines heading into this year’s camp.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160923-popcorn-machine-training-camp-preview?ls=recent_news
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ( a t ) Lakers

Media Day tomorrow before @J30_RANDLE and the crew immediately ship up to Santa Barbara for training camp.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Media Day PROMO

Lakers Media Day this Monday at 11:00 a.m. @ the Toyota Center

http://www.spectrumsportsnet.com/videos/2016/09/20/lakers-media-day-monday-9-26-promo
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

With Media day set for Monday & training camp to follow let's see:

How the Lakers Spent Their Summer

Quote:
The offseason is officially ticking down to its conclusion, as the Lakers will hold their annual media day on Monday before immediately shipping up to Santa Barbara for training camp.

This year's squad will be a blend of familiar and new faces who all kept busy over the summer, both on and off the court.

We begin with the returning players, who featured quite a few young guys that had some fun mixed in with plenty of hoops.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160925-lakers-summer?cid=tw
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm excited about tomorrow's media day.. but I hope the players don't end up saying the right things without doing the things that are ahead.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Media Day tomorrow means the offseason is officially at its end.
Year two of @dloading coming up next.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/780206022631620608/video/1
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 14 of 47
Jump to: