Official 2016-17 Lakers Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Picture of Ingram in the costume
http://imgur.com/6eEknxu
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
Picture of Ingram in the costume
http://imgur.com/6eEknxu

That's freaking hiliarous.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Short video of the rookie talent show;

https://instagram.com/p/BK9uLeAjFqA/

Oh myyyyy
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Oh myyyyy

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Oh myyyyy

Good to see Young happy and having fun with the players... I will be happy if he has a rejuvenated season.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Auguste won the fan vote according to Luke. I think Ingram thought he was robbed.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

that's gold jerry! gold!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-W90Hj9Cag more practice footage, from NBC. more Julius Js

With the amount of 3's Julius has been putting up this offseason, its quite obvious he's going to be letting them rip this coming season. That's exciting to me, because its gonna open up everything for him. I hope Luke encourages him to shoot every open 3 he has.

Julius is my personal favorite out of all the young guys, and if he can conquer his demon (shooting), the sky is the limit for the kid
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-W90Hj9Cag more practice footage, from NBC. more Julius Js

With the amount of 3's Julius has been putting up this offseason, its quite obvious he's going to be letting them rip this coming season. That's exciting to me, because its gonna open up everything for him. I hope Luke encourages him to shoot every open 3 he has.

Julius is my personal favorite out of all the young guys, and if he can conquer his demon (shooting), the sky is the limit for the kid

Ya, even if he has cold streaks, or opens on one - I hope Luke keeps letting him put em up. I trust in this stroke he's displaying, can't wait to see how his game evolves around it .
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Was that Gary Vitti I saw there
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
what are you guys talking about? There's nothing "salty" in Lou Williams' interview.

Yeah, no idea where in the world people are getting that from. Ironically, they'd criticize ESPN or some other news outlet for pulling nonsense out of thin air like that lol...smh.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
defense wrote:
Lou Williams salty in his interview because Byron isn't around to tell him how great he is anymore.

Luke on the importance of sharing the ball: "I think a lot of guys aren't used to playing that way, but we're gonna keep harping on them"

Gee, I wonder who he's talking about.

Lol on a team that led the league in iso play by a large margin last season? Take your pick.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

BShaw on TWC

- Russell has been leading and shooting the ball well
- he thinks Ingram is 180-185lbs and strength deficit will be a hurdle
- Clarkson has been one of the best players on D
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
BShaw on TWC

- Russell has been leading and shooting the ball well
- he thinks Ingram is 180-185lbs and strength deficit will be a hurdle
- Clarkson has been one of the best players on D

Clarkson turning into a D guard with his elite offense will boost our win total.

Very excited to see if this is all talk or the results will show in games.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

So I've concluded that the one thing Byron was better at than Luke was the fact he let the media in during the scrimmages.......

C'mon Luke, we're thirsty over here
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't mind them not showing the scrimmages. I remember last year a bunch of lakers fans on this forum were critiquing so much from the scrimmages. I don't think that's what the young kids need at this moment. Afterall our expectations as fans is too great even if we're trying to remain humble. We all want them to succeed now instead of later.

Walton not showing us is good for the team, especially if it is as sloppy as Coack Luuuke said in his interview
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I have a question for anyone with some basketball knowledge. In the Day 3 practice video, the big men were doing drills. One guy receives a pass in the low post, goes around his defender and makes a move towards the basket before making a pass to a cutter who finishes with a dunk or a lay-up. The initial post player also receives a second ball after the lay-up/dunk and shoots a close range jumper to finish things off.

My question is, is this a typical big man basketball drill, or is this something good teams practice and Luke is introducing to us?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
I don't mind them not showing the scrimmages. I remember last year a bunch of lakers fans on this forum were critiquing so much from the scrimmages. I don't think that's what the young kids need at this moment. Afterall our expectations as fans is too great even if we're trying to remain humble. We all want them to succeed now instead of later.

Walton not showing us is good for the team, especially if it is as sloppy as Coack Luuuke said in his interview

I agree. The scrimmage before summer league was very sloppy and hard to stomach. Lots of wild passing and bad shot attempts. No point for me naming names right now because things seem to be night and day during training camp. I'm very happy with what I'm seeing so far.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I have a question for anyone with some basketball knowledge. In the Day 3 practice video, the big men were doing drills. One guy receives a pass in the low post, goes around his defender and makes a move towards the basket before making a pass to a cutter who finishes with a dunk or a lay-up. The initial post player also receives a second ball after the lay-up/dunk and shoots a close range jumper to finish things off.

My question is, is this a typical big man basketball drill, or is this something good teams practice and Luke is introducing to us?

My guess is that it's used to get multiple reps in. Instead of one move/one shot, they can work on catching and move off the catch twice, opposed to traditional one Move one shot drills.

Can't say how common it is but seems like a small adjustment to similar big man drills. The more reps the better
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

GT explains this on his Twitter. @Lakerfilmroom
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epi5hX22CWk

JC talking about them working on defensive details today (bumping, tagging cutters, etc)

Reporter: "How much did those details help you guys understand what didn't work for you guys defensively last year?"

JC: "Everything. Straight up."

DAYYYNNNN CUH! #Byron

Love this guy's attitude so much
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

My guess is that it's used to get multiple reps in. Instead of one move/one shot, they can work on catching and move off the catch twice, opposed to traditional one Move one shot drills.

Can't say how common it is but seems like a small adjustment to similar big man drills. The more reps the better

Thank you.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

GT explains this on his Twitter. @Lakerfilmroom

Thanks a lot. I'll go check it out right now!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Was that Gary Vitti I saw there
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject:

Lakers Turn Up Competition With First Scrimmages

Quote:
Each morning, the Lakers enter the team’s breakfast room and look at their “winner’s board,” which tracks the results of every drill and competition at training camp thus far.

Head coach Luke Walton is committed to crafting a competitive environment and this board — which chronicles the standing of every player, from top to bottom — is just another instance of that.

But no drill can replace the competitiveness that stems from old-fashioned scrimmaging, which the Lakers at last began on Tuesday night at UC Santa Barbara.

On Wednesday, Walton classified his team’s first scrimmage as “up-and-down” given the fatigue that comes with two-a-days and the amount of information that the coaching staff is instilling.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160929-training-camp-day-three
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 35 of 47
Jump to: