Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

Kobe, aka Mr. 81, is set to do a meet and greet at Fox Hills Mall on Feb 10th, at 11am to promote his new shoes!!! Just heard the tale end of this on the radio. This is in the LA area, but I'm not sure exactly where as I just moved here about a year ago. Anyway, I'm just pissed cuz I gotta work and can't go, but I envy any of you who can. He's giving away Kobe shirts as well.

So for all of the boys and girls who do go to this on Friday, make sure you pass on the LG love!
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:

Why is it that a Luke Walton appearance gets stickied and not a Kobe appearance? Hopefully just an oversight.
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Canuck wrote:
Why is it that a Luke Walton appearance gets stickied and not a Kobe appearance? Hopefully just an oversight.
Rocks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

He will be at Niketown LA too
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

wow! I live right down the street from foxhills mall, I def. be there yay!!! I just got paid today, i'm copping the AZK1 fo sho!! haha

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Donkeybong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

any link?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

Canuck wrote:
Feb 10th, at 11am

I've read a few posts on this for the past week and they've all said 11:30PM. I think they said it was because the shoe was supposed to go on sale at midnight. It sounded reasonable, except the Lakers have a game on Saturday. If he were at Fox Hills at midnight, he probably wouldn't get to sleep until 2 or 3 am.

I know people have lined up for stuff like X-boxes that go on sale at midnight, but do they do that for shoes?
lakersboxershorts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

numero-ocho wrote:
Canuck wrote:
Feb 10th, at 11am

I've read a few posts on this for the past week and they've all said 11:30PM. I think they said it was because the shoe was supposed to go on sale at midnight. It sounded reasonable, except the Lakers have a game on Saturday. If he were at Fox Hills at midnight, he probably wouldn't get to sleep until 2 or 3 am.

I know people have lined up for stuff like X-boxes that go on sale at midnight, but do they do that for shoes?

I called over there and they said the same BS... 11:30pm

im not sure the mall is open that late wtf is going on?

Someone who answered the phone also said he WONT be signing autographs... wat kinda of appearance is this
LA NATIVE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

lakersboxershorts wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Canuck wrote:
Feb 10th, at 11am

Someone who answered the phone also said he WONT be signing autographs... wat kinda of appearance is this

Hi Everybody buy my shoes.....Good Night!

The radio says 11:30 Pm. And yes plenty of Jordan's shoes have had the same type of release with plenty of people lined up even without The Gambler there.
When they ask me about Shaq, I say, 'I love Shaq, but [screw] Miami.' It is what it is. I'm a Laker and I bleed purple and gold and if you ain't down with the Lakers, f--- you, straight up.-Snoop Dogg
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I just called Fox Hills Mall . He gonna be at Shiek Shoes from 10:30 p.m until midnight. He is going to be at Niketown, Beverly Hills in the morning from like 10:30 am until like 2pm something like that. Then I think he goes straight to El Segundo for practice. Fox HIlls mall being right down the freeway from the practice facility is where Kobe will be after practice I guess. The guy at Sheik shoes said he'll be there by 10:30 at night. Give him a call he seemed real stressed out about people calling i gues. hahahahahahaha. (310) 391-2184. Sheik Shoes in the Fox HIlls Mall. Culver City, Cali.
puertorock33
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

numero-ocho wrote:
Canuck wrote:
Feb 10th, at 11am

Ohh ya. pleanty of people line up for kicks. I one of them I will be at Niketown tomorrow night for the midnight release.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

puertorock33 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Canuck wrote:
Feb 10th, at 11am

Ohh ya. pleanty of people line up for kicks. I one of them I will be at Niketown tomorrow night for the midnight release.

Thanks for clearing that up. Isn't he supposed to be at Niketown in the morning?

For others planning on heading down to Fox Hills here's a story directory map of where Sheikh Shoes is located within Fox Hills.

http://westfield.com/foxhills/ourstores/details/8949/

For those not familiar with the area, be careful where you park. It ain't the kind of place you want to park in a remote area.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
wow! I live right down the street from foxhills mall, I def. be there yay!!! I just got paid today, i'm copping the AZK1 fo sho!! haha

Dude! You've got to get pictures.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Appearance on Feb. 10

lakersboxershorts wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Canuck wrote:
Feb 10th, at 11am

Can anyone else here confirm this? I'm not going to waste my time just to take a few snapshots. If he'll be signing autographs than I'll go for sure. And if Luke Walton gets his own sticky, I think 81 should get his own as well.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

Canuck wrote:
Canuck wrote:
and bump...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: