How would you feel if we finished with the worst record this year?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: How would you feel if we finished with the worst record this year?

How would you feel if we finished with the worst record this year? We're not gonna predict how many wins we gonna get. Or whether we gonna make the playoffs or not. Just the fact that we'll have the worst record in the entire league. Would you be mad? Would you feel alright with it if we see a bit a growth in our youngsters? Would you have neutral feelings...

http://www.lakersnation.com/espn-projects-2016-2017-lakers-to-have-fewest-wins-in-the-nba/2016/08/25/
ESPN already predicting us to have the worst record.

I personally would feel depressed. I hate to see us miss the playoffs for another year. Barring injuries, I feel this team is gonna surprise alot of people. On the bright side, we have the highest % of landing the #1 pick.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Nothing will be more depressing than last season. Even if they finish with the worst record at least it will have been done with a focus on getting better down the road and developing winning principles. That's not a waste.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not good because the team with the worst record typically loses less than 20 games. And while I'm not wrapped up in wins and losses for this season, it would be a troubling signal of a lack of progress.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

In b4 the lock.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

How I would feel

Also if there's one thing we can hold above our heads is they definitely won't be worse than the Nets. You know, probably.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Not good because the team with the worst record typically loses less than 20 games. And while I'm not wrapped up in wins and losses for this season, it would be a troubling signal of a lack of progress.

Would it be a lack of progress or that genuinely outside of the Mavs and maybe Kings, every single Western Conference team added improvements this offseason while we, uh, sort of did?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Even under those projections we will have improved in the win column.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
How I would feel

Also if there's one thing we can hold above our heads is they definitely won't be worse than the Nets. You know, probably.

You never know..they're in the East. They might win some games. I don't even know who's on that team. But Lin and Brook Lopez could be a nice duo.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:

yea we would definitely take a step back if we win 20 games. I think all our youngsters improved upon last season. I hope the veterans that we sign can contribute. It would be nice if Deng can give us 15 and 8 reb/game. And Mozgov can give us like 10 and 10 too atleast.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

As long as it's not because we're 'tanking' or major injuries, it is what it is.
Man, still hoping these pups shock the world and make the playoff
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
As long as it's not because we're 'tanking' or major injuries, it is what it is.

Me too, it's good for the headlines. New incoming coach of the year in luke. MIP Dangelo Russell. Better things for the media to brag about than us having the worst record . And they'll say sh*t about luke and the front office if we finish last.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
KBH wrote:

yea we would definitely take a step back if we win 20 games. I think all our youngsters improved upon last season. I hope the veterans that we sign can contribute. It would be nice if Deng can give us 15 and 8 reb/game. And Mozgov can give us like 10 and 10 too atleast.

They can individually improve and still not know how to win games. Boogie Cousins is suppose to be the best center in basketball and he has no clue how to do it. The two on paper are not mutually exclusive.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Natural progression, hopefully I see improvement in team play and watchable bball.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
KBH wrote:

They can individually improve and still not know how to win games. Boogie Cousins is suppose to be the best center in basketball and he has no clue how to do it. The two on paper are not mutually exclusive.

I think Luke will have better gameplans and in game adjustsments than Bryon Scott. Better sub patterns. Better lineup rotations. Man Scott always went with the all starter/all bench lineup. You gotta mix it up. Don't rest your starters all at the same time.

And this year, we have betters defenders in Mozgov, Nance, Deng and even Ingram whose length and height is gonna alter alot of shots and intercept alot of passes. Deng is gonna be a great help. He could be our designated lock down defender.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject:

better than I would if we only won a handful more games while significantly reducing our odds of keeping the pick. I want to remain within reach of .500....for example I will be pleased if we are 19-24 at some point, etc.....The primary goal is to significantly improve our play this year, but if we cant achieve that, coming away with a top 3 pick in a loaded draft is better than nothing.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Pelton is the one who made the projections and last I remember, he said unless .. Russell averages 30PPG... He would be considered a bust

Pelton has no credibility.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
KBH wrote:

I think Luke will have better gameplans and in game adjustsments than Bryon Scott. Better sub patterns. Better lineup rotations. Man Scott always went with the all starter/all bench lineup. You gotta mix it up. Don't rest your starters all at the same time.

And this year, we have betters defenders in Mozgov, Nance, Deng and even Ingram whose length and height is gonna alter alot of shots and intercept alot of passes. Deng is gonna be a great help. He could be our designated lock down defender.

I don't worry about Luke. It's having a team this young and expecting them to close out games that's the challenge. They got very little experience in this regard last season so this is kind of their first shot.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kevin Pelton is the one who made the projections and last I remember, he said unless .. Russell averages 30PPG... He would be considered a bust

Pelton has no credibility.

DLO don't have the offensive arsenal to avg 30ppg for a season. It would take a hall of famer to do that. I think he can shut the critics up just by avg 20, 5, and 5. While getting his teammates involved and making them better.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KBH wrote:

I don't worry about Luke. It's having a team this young and expecting them to close out games that's the challenge. They got very little experience in this regard last season so this is kind of their first shot.

Yea if we wanna make the playoffs we defly gotta be able to make plays downt he stretch. But Dlo seem to have inherited Kobe's late game clutchness. I hope he could be the leader of this team. We need that guy who can carry the team back from deficits. But the team's attitude and approach to every game is important also. We can't have that energyless, lackdaisical effort coming outta the gate like last year. We gotta approach every game like it's the playoffs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Surprised.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Not too surprised, it is well within the realm of possibility when looking at the roster.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

It's not gonna happen, but if somehow they improved a lot and won 27 games instead of 17, but still managed to barely squeeze in with the worst record, and then got the first pick --- well, that wouldn't be a bad outcome to the season.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Worst than the sixers or nets? I don't think so...we're at least better than them
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

If we were all healthy? I'd feel like we were 10 years away from being a playoff team.

Cause if in THIS style, with THIS coaching staff, and THIS talent we have and have been developing. If they are all healthy next year along with our veterans and they finish with the worst record in the NBA then it would say a LOT about just how much they could lead us into the future, and the answer would be bleak.. very VERY bleak. So I truly hope that doesn't happen.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Nothing will be more depressing than last season. Even if they finish with the worst record at least it will have been done with a focus on getting better down the road and developing winning principles. That's not a waste.

lol.....They won 17 games last year and still only finished with the second worst record. To finish with the worst record would mean that they'll be just as bad, if not worse since Philly will be better with the addition of Simmons alone. This whole "well at least we have a competent coach, competent system, and the young guys are developing better than they were under Byron" thing sounds nice and comforting, and may even have a very small semblance of truth to it, but unless there's some devastating injuries, finishing with an identical record to last year's will be enormously frustrating and disappointing. I have a hard time imagining the Lakers being that bad again under Luke, let alone with the young guys getting more experience under their belts, and with these new additions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: