Hypothetical trade discussion - Overloaded front court
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I don't agree that we have an overloaded front court. We have very few front court players who have shown they can play in the NBA. Mosgov is one, Randle is another. The list pretty much stops there.

I honestly have no idea how you come to the conclusion that Randle has proven he can play and Nance hasn't.

All Randle has proven so far is that despite oozing with potential, he is only slightly more effective than the anachronistic Jahlil Okafor who played half the season without a point guard. Nance only showed role player capabilities last year, but at least he was effective in that role. I doubt Randle would ever be satisfied as a role player, so it's moot that his lack of effectiveness was due to increased responsibility.

Nance couldn't play because of injury, his minutes were very limited.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject:

PF:
Randle, Nance Jr., Auguste
C:
Mozgov, Yi, Black, Zubac

Yi is the Question Mark only because he could probably play at least three positions for the Lakers anywhere from 3-5. Where he plays will make all the difference...
For China he was their starter at the 5. In his previous NBA career, he played the 3-4 and wasn't very successful. Now in his return he sports a much bulkier frame with the same skill-set which could be pretty dangerous at the 5 in this league, but rebounding and defending are questionable.

Out of the Players listed above, Randle is the most valuable as it stands. I think he could be a consideration at the deadline and truth be told, Nance Jr. might be the overall better fit, because he doesn't require the ball as much. Nance and Auguste or players of the same mold, who go after it with hard work and dedication, picking up the pieces on both ends of the floor... Randle can be considered a ball dominant player and who knows if that chemistry is what the Lakers need going into the future?

With there being no significant Centers available in next years free agency, a trade for a certified big could be on the horizon soon and I think Cousins would have to be the obvious target.

BUT, is a Center all this team needs or are we still lacking at the wing spot, it all remains to be seen...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: