Does anyone else beside me hate the fact that pau is on the Spurs?*UPDATE PAU GASOL INJURED OUT 8 WEEKS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Pau was punished? Oh my goodness.

He was punished with a fat $19 million per year contract on the lakers, poor Pau

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
I'm really happy that Pau is with a good team. I like the Spurs, always have - even back to the ABA.

I think his departure from the LAL continues to reflect poorly on the Laker management team, that they let Pau dangle for two plus seasons in the trade markets when he obviously had a lot left in the tank to give his team. But just like when Pau was at Memphis with flagging interest in playing hard every night for the same reason, a guy can be punished publicly only so long before he's checked out. The Lakers did it to themselves: offering chump change only ? Idiots. If you're gonna be mad about Pau's situ, direct it where it belongs: Buss family and Mitch.

Enjoyment of the league's players isn't a zero sum game for most fan like me.

Don't now what you mean by "chump change." The Lakers paid Gasol well, and offered more than the Bulls, who he signed with. There wasn't a money issue.

Basically, the Lakers traded Gasol; it got called back; and he left at first chance for greener pastures. I don't blame the Lakers or Gasol for what happened -- both were acting out of self interest. That's what big boys wearing long pants do in the NBA.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Not at all. He'll be good for their defense.
Kobesdad
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject:

TBH I don't care about Pau playing for the Spurs. The Spurs winning championships to me was always about Kobe vs Duncan in ring count. Now with Duncan being retired and the Lakers no longer in contention I feel no reason to hate the Spurs. The rivalry between the two franchises is dead. When both franchise are facing each other in the playoffs consistently like they did from the span of '99-'04 and '08,'13 than my hate for the spurs will return.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Who?

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
No. He wasn't put in a position to succeed from Mike D'Antoni and Mike Brown. Laker fans weren't exactly the best at treating him well. Let him ring chase. He looked happy in Chicago.

City_Dawg wrote:
Why would anyone hate Pau nowadays? I wish him all the best in San Antonio.

Exactly I am happy for Pau that he is happy. I totally understand why he chose to move on and don't fault him for it one bit.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Kobesdad wrote:
TBH I don't care about Pau playing for the Spurs. The Spurs winning championships to me was always about Kobe vs Duncan in ring count. Now with Duncan being retired and the Lakers no longer in contention I feel no reason to hate the Spurs. The rivalry between the two franchises is dead. When both franchise are facing each other in the playoffs consistently like they did from the span of '99-'04 and '08,'13 than my hate for the spurs will return.

Ive hated those ass holes since we lost to them in 1995. our very first loss to the spurs in the post season. that was something that should have never been. 2003 should'nt have happened neither 2007 when the suns got screwed royally by the refs. I respect Duncan and a few other guys but the franchise and the fan base do not deserve any respect what-so-ever
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:
I'm really happy that Pau is with a good team. I like the Spurs, always have - even back to the ABA.

I think his departure from the LAL continues to reflect poorly on the Laker management team, that they let Pau dangle for two plus seasons in the trade markets when he obviously had a lot left in the tank to give his team. But just like when Pau was at Memphis with flagging interest in playing hard every night for the same reason, a guy can be punished publicly only so long before he's checked out. The Lakers did it to themselves: offering chump change only ? Idiots. If you're gonna be mad about Pau's situ, direct it where it belongs: Buss family and Mitch.

Don't now what you mean by "chump change." The Lakers paid Gasol well, and offered more than the Bulls, who he signed with. There wasn't a money issue.

Basically, the Lakers traded Gasol; it got called back; and he left at first chance for greener pastures. I don't blame the Lakers or Gasol for what happened -- both were acting out of self interest. That's what big boys wearing long pants do in the NBA.

We do disagree about the offer. Lakers offered $12.5M for each of two seasons. Even Kobe admitted Gasol left due to the NBA chump change offer (his words) for a being disrespected as future HoF-bound player approaching age 33.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:

We do disagree about the offer. Lakers offered $12.5M for each of two seasons. Even Kobe admitted Gasol left due to the NBA chump change offer (his words) for a being disrespected as future HoF-bound player approaching age 33.

Well activeverb's account ignores and distorts a great deal.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:

You can't be accused of offering chump change when you're offering more than anybody else. And that was after 2 pouty seasons, largely I believe because having Pau retire a Laker was meaningful to the team. Pau wanted to make less money and finish out his career as a journeyman. Perfectly within his rights, but once he made that decision I couldn't care less what team he signs with.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
70sdude wrote:
activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:

You can't be accused of offering chump change when you're offering more than anybody else. And that was after 2 pouty seasons, largely I believe because having Pau retire a Laker was meaningful to the team. Pau wanted to make less money and finish out his career as a journeyman. Perfectly within his rights, but once he made that decision I couldn't care less what team he signs with.

wow again!

i am continually amazed by how ungrateful our fanbase has become. good luck getting more players like pau in the future if this is the impression they get from the team and fans.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
ocho wrote:
70sdude wrote:
activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:

wow again!

i am continually amazed by how ungrateful our fanbase has become. good luck getting more players like pau in the future if this is the impression they get from the team and fans.

We can't all be the One True Fan™ such as yourself.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
ocho wrote:
70sdude wrote:
activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:

wow again!

We can't all be the One True Fan™ such as yourself.

your attitude towards pau is that he was pouty and you couldn't care less about a main piece of two championships. and you're saying it on a lakers fan forum. wth is your problem?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

your attitude towards pau is that he was pouty and you couldn't care less about a main piece of two championships. and you're saying it on a lakers fan forum. wth is your problem?

He was pouty. And I said I couldn't care less what team he signs with in 2016. Pau was a wonderful player for us and I'm thrilled to have a group of players now who want to be here. I'm sure Pau is happy continuing his career as a journeyman. Everybody wins.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't have a problem with him going to a team like the Spurs, but I'm not a fan of him paired with LMA defensively.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I'll always root for Pau considering what he brought to our team. Its a shame he got treaty badly by our front office considering how often his name was out there in trade talks
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I'll always root for Pau considering what he brought to our team. Its a shame he got treaty badly by our front office considering how often his name was out there in trade talks

It's interesting that in a business where being part of trade rumors is very much a part of the job, Pau is somehow the lone victim in the NBA of having to deal with it. Virtually every player is a part of trade rumors. The fact is the Lakers tried to sell high on Pau and got screwed. When the fallout went down they could have easily flipped him for assets and didnt. Then when he was a FA they outbid the market for him so he could maybe retire a Laker and end his career with Kobe. Such mistreatment.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It's interesting that in a business where being part of trade rumors is very much a part of the job, Pau is somehow the lone victim in the NBA of having to deal with it. Virtually every player is a part of trade rumors. The fact is the Lakers tried to sell high on Pau and got screwed. When the fallout went down they could have easily flipped him for assets and didnt. Then when he was a FA they outbid the market for him so he could maybe retire a Laker and end his career with Kobe. Such mistreatment.

I know, right?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

You guys always leave out the part about Paul playing over 6 seasons with the Lakers and making over $100 million. Wish I could be on the trade block knowing that my bosses "hate" me so much that they pay me over $100 million, and after that's all over they STILL offer me more than anybody else and want to pay me millions more. Must be a tough life. How many posters here made over $100 million?

Kobe calling his offer chump change shows how spoiled these guys really are. Nobody put a gun to their heads and told them they had to play in the NBA. If they didn't want to be NBA players because the league treats players so poorly, then why didn't they get a different job? Maybe they didn't decide to do something else because they knew they would have it much better playing in the NBA. In other words, they knew they would get better treatment working for the Lakers instead of working at a real job.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
ocho wrote:
70sdude wrote:
activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:

wow again!

I am amazed at how much sympathy a guy gets who constantly has fans crying over his "tough life" in the NBA despite the fact that he has made close to $200 million in his career.

There are people suffering with disease, poverty, etc. but lets cry about a guy getting treated poorly by a team that was paying $19 million a year. Gasol should try trading places with someone who really suffers before he starts crying about how he has it tough. If you can't be happy as a famous person who had it as good as he did then what really is going to make you happy?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

So how many posters here make more than the "chump change" the Lakers offered Gasol?

Must be tough being an NBA star who has made over $171 million in salary. What a horrible life this Gasol guy has had.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Pau = soft

Spurs = soft
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I know, right?

If pau had any balls he should have retired a laker or go back to Memphis and be with his brother. But to play for the gawd damn Spurs is just sick. When Luke got hired I thought he was gonna come back and be that anchor and provide that leadership but he didn't he just (bleep) out for the (bleep) Spurs
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject:

Amazing levels of revisionist history in this thread.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: