Does anyone else beside me hate the fact that pau is on the Spurs?*UPDATE PAU GASOL INJURED OUT 8 WEEKS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I wish Pau retired a Laker but i have no ill feelings on where he's at now. He's almost done with his career and honestly the Spurs are a decent organization, i wish him well.

(bleep) THAT (bleep)

NOT THEM...He should have choose any team except these 3.

1. CELTICS
2. CLIPPERS
3. SPURS
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Tagurt wrote:
The disrespect that people have for Pau is unreal. He was a crucial piece for the two titles and fans treat him as if he was expendable. Then again, outside of Kobe it seems like no one gets respected. I guess that's entitlement for you.

He was expendable once we traded for Howard. Unfortunately the FO didn't act on that.

That's a HUGE hindsight is 20/20 storybook telling brotha. The reality is that the everyone and their mom thought that Pau could've played the high post/mid range J type center and created from there while Dwight owned the deep paint. Perhaps you were one of the minority that rallied the other way but I don't remember. Acting thought that it was this obvious strategic decision is an incredulous level of revision....much like a certain amphibious pos poster.

Not really, some of us were discussing that once the Howard trade was made.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
I wish Pau retired a Laker but i have no ill feelings on where he's at now. He's almost done with his career and honestly the Spurs are a decent organization, i wish him well.

(bleep) THAT (bleep)

1. CELTICS
2. CLIPPERS
3. SPURS

, the spurs are the least annoying of those three. I hear ya though, Pau was a major part of the 2009-10 championships. It doesn't look right. Like Worthy wearing green.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
999 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

(bleep) THAT (bleep)

1. CELTICS
2. CLIPPERS
3. SPURS

, the spurs are the least annoying of those three. I hear ya though, Pau was a major part of the 2009-10 championships. It doesn't look right. Like Worthy wearing green.

he's there to teach aldridge how to be real big man. duncan plays like, well, a fake big man. so for a couple years, pau will teach him some good stuff, good habits. help him break the bad habits he developed in his short stint with duncan. i expect aldridge to skyrocket now.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
999 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

(bleep) THAT (bleep)

1. CELTICS
2. CLIPPERS
3. SPURS

he's there to teach aldridge how to be real big man. duncan plays like, well, a fake big man. so for a couple years, pau will teach him some good stuff, good habits. help him break the bad habits he developed in his short stint with duncan. i expect aldridge to skyrocket now.

You mean Duncan played like a fake big man. Don't bring him back out of retirement. Duncan was efficient but boring to watch also. So mechanical and predictable. Like the freakin Tom Brady of basketball: dink and dunk short passes all day long, until the defense.. And viewers ..are worn out, such a boring brand of football and basketball
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject:

bopperboy wrote:
Also one of the best defensive players ever, so there's that.

ah...nothing special for his size.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
999 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

(bleep) THAT (bleep)

1. CELTICS
2. CLIPPERS
3. SPURS

Remember how empty the HemisFair Arena was before David Robinson arrived? Except for perhaps the Baseline Bums, no one was riding around with Spurs flags on their cars when Frank Brikowski was the starting center in 1989. It’s pretty easy to be a fan of team dominating the league. especially now that players can collude and join any team they want that will give them the best chances at a title. Including leaving stacked teams for another stacked team.

The spurs all take pay cuts to play together... nothing admirable about that. they have our own player who will have his jersey retired here at staples once he retires from the NBA.

im actually gonna go Limbaugh and tell spurs fans that I hope Pau gasol does fail for the spurs
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I always want Pau to do well. That said I have to be honest that I'm finding myself not particularly stoked that he's on the Spurs. I follow him on social media and I'm just not feeling the kumbyYa when I see pictures of him in uniform or talking about Spurs stuff. And I don't hate the Spurs the way you do so I'm not sure what exactly my problem is but yeah… :\
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I always want Pau to do well. That said I have to be honest that I'm finding myself not particularly stoked that he's on the Spurs. I follow him on social media and I'm just not feeling the kumbyYa when I see pictures of him in uniform or talking about Spurs stuff. And I don't hate the Spurs the way you do so I'm not sure what exactly my problem is but yeah… :\

You nailed exactly how I feel now. 20 minutes ago I just was curious how he's doing so I checked out first a cool Harvard biz school clip showing Pau in the exec biz program, talking about how he wants to make an impact on people, be remembered for more than hoops. So basically confirming fresh why the dude is my favorite human in the NBA right now. Then I made the mistake of checking out the next tweet, highlights from their last preseason game. It was I don't know just disappointing or wrong seeing him do that stuff that he used to do for us in that uniform. It was gut reaction. Didn't like it. I finally get what the OP must have felt. Never felt that way while he was in Chi either. I don't hate the Spurs at all actually, respect them, but still, just reminds me he should have stayed and ended a Laker. Silver and black I usually like in the NFL, but not on him. Just the irrational part, not the rational part which wishes him well always. I wonder how my gut would react seeing him in Celtic green. Probably about 10x worse.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
It was gut reaction. Didn't like it. I finally get what the OP must have felt. Never felt that way while he was in Chi either. I don't hate the Spurs at all actually, respect them, but still, just reminds me he should have stayed and ended a Laker. Silver and black I usually like in the NFL, but not on him. Just the irrational part, not the rational part which wishes him well always.

I wonder how my gut would react seeing him in Celtic green. Probably about 10x worse.

Ten times worse, so your flatulence over him in Spurs gear would've been roughly equivalent to explosive diarrhea if he wore Celtic green.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
focus wrote:
It was gut reaction. Didn't like it. I finally get what the OP must have felt. Never felt that way while he was in Chi either. I don't hate the Spurs at all actually, respect them, but still, just reminds me he should have stayed and ended a Laker. Silver and black I usually like in the NFL, but not on him. Just the irrational part, not the rational part which wishes him well always.

I wonder how my gut would react seeing him in Celtic green. Probably about 10x worse.

Ten times worse, so your flatulence over him in Spurs gear would've been roughly equivalent to explosive diarrhea if he wore Celtic green.

holy crap!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

20 and 11

He should be in purple gold instead of Mozgov. The lakers team has no identity or vet leadership. It should be pau filling that role. (bleep) horrible that the Spurs have this. Why can't the Spurs just die already
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

(bleep) THAT (bleep)

1. CELTICS
2. CLIPPERS
3. SPURS

Eh. Pau doesn't owe the Lakers anything. We traded him for Paul because it was in our self interest. He signed with the Bulls and then the Spurs because it was in his best interest. I think he would been an idiot to be a veteran leader on a rebuilding team when he could go for a ring on one of the best teams in the league. Your rivalry with the Spurs isn't his rivalry.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
20 and 11

He should be in purple gold instead of Mozgov. The lakers team has no identity or vet leadership. It should be pau filling that role. (bleep) horrible that the Spurs have this. Why can't the Spurs just die already

I was wondering when you were going to get back to being yourself...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
20 and 11

I was wondering when you were going to get back to being yourself...

Lol. This is not myself. 4 years of straight losing will make any man go illogical
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sources-pau-gasol-has-surgery-on-hand-timeline-to-return-unclear-202434680.html

I feel bad for Pau get well soon...

ONTH the spurs deserve this. If pau was destined to get injured I hoped it was during April than January. anyways. (bleep) San Antonio I want that team to die already.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/28/pau-gasol-says-he-plans-to-opt-into-final-season-of-spurs-contract/

Quote:
Pau Gasol says he plans to opt into final season of Spurs contract

For years, Pau Gasol considered signing with the Spurs.

Now that he’s in San Antonio – on a contract that contains a $16,197,500 player option for next season – he’s in no rush to leave.

Jabari Young of the San Antonio Express-News:

Asked if he intended to opt-in Year 2 of his contract, Gasol agreed it’s a safe bet.

“My intention is to continue here, and to be here as long as I can,” said Gasol, who will turn 37 before the start of the 2017-18 season.

“It was a great decision,” Gasol told the Express-News. “I came here to have a chance to win a title and we’re second in the league right now, second best record, so that puts you in a position to win a title. That was a priority, and it still is.”

With his shooting touch, passing acumen and basketball intelligence, Gasol slid seamlessly into the Spurs’ offensive system. They also adequately cover for his defensive deficiencies.

But that could be a different story in the playoffs, when Gasol’s lack of defensive mobility is more likely to be exposed.

Gasol is the NBA’s best 36-year-old. He’s also 36. At that age, production can fall off at any moment.

San Antonio accepted the risk in giving him this contract, but just because he has lived up to it so far doesn’t mean he’ll provide value next season. There’s always risk in paying someone so old so much, even if Gasol’s finger injury has no lasting effects.

Gasol opting in, barring another move, would effectively eliminate the Spurs’ cap room. They’d be left with just the mid-level exception, give or take, to spend. Of course, if they want to pursue major free agents, the Spurs can always try convincing Gasol to opt out and re-sign for less.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject:

Sucks that Pau got hurt, but I can't root for him now. Not on the Spurs. I tried watching some Spurs games at the start of the season, but I couldn't get into them. I dislike those effers too much. Unfortunate that Pau and Kwahi play for them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: