Lakers will exceed expectations forget the experts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Lakers will exceed expectations forget the experts

Nice article by LN writer.

http://www.lakersnation.com/forget-the-experts-lakers-will-exceed-expectations/2016/08/28/
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Ok
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Ok

yeah, ok
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject:

K den
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

she's saying what we're all thinking and hoping. still, not smart to hedge your bets publicly, and not really professional to complain about espn so much as a member of another outlet
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Ok
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject:

ESPN's Lakers predictions have been proven to be overly generous year after year after year. There is a chance the Lakers can exceed the expectations this year but it's sad to see someone acting like the Lakers current position is just some ESPN fabrication.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm optimistic...but every time I look at the Lakers' roster I am suddenly hit with reality. I'm guessing we will be a 25-30 win team.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakers nation is a terrible rag for laker 'insight'
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

GT's breakdown videos always put me in an optimistic mood. Strategy wise, our new coach brings alot to the table, especially offensively.
But if i had to bet my life on it. I'd bet we'll still be a bottom 5 team this upcoming season.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Low expectations are not a bad thing.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I like that thinking and hopefully that'll be the case!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I really believe this is a 30+ win team. With a cieling of 35 wins. Which would be a major improvement from last year.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Irrespective of the article, we're somewhere between the level of the 93-94 Laker team that won 33 games and the next years team that won 48 and shocked Seattle in the first round. Get the difference between 48 and 33 and divide by 2, add that number to 33, i think that's close to where we'll land this year (about 40 wins).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Irrespective of the article, we're somewhere between the level of the 93-94 Laker team that won 33 games and the next years team that won 48 and shocked Seattle in the first round. Get the difference between 48 and 33 and divide by 2, add that number to 33, i think that's close to where we'll land this year (about 40 wins).

So basically anywhere from 30 to 40 wins that's a nice Improvement and good enough to attract a quality piece in FA next summer.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Anyone just watch the Kobe quote video and forget about the article?

Guilty as charged.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

So basically anywhere from 30 to 40 wins that's a nice Improvement and good enough to attract a quality piece in FA next summer.

I'm thinking closer to 40. Its really tricky to predict the wins for this team. We don't really know how good DLO is because he was misused last year, you could say the same for Randle. Also Ingram is an unknown, yeah he was a 2nd overall but his success i think depends alot on Luke, the system, and DLO's ability. And even though Luke had a great record with GS; that was 'GS'. Also, can Moz return to his 2014 form? So many unknowns, but again, i'm trying to be a bit optimistic, (cause i'm sick of the Lakers losing, ha ha).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I'm thinking closer to 40. Its really tricky to predict the wins for this team. We don't really know how good DLO is because he was misused last year, you could say the same for Randle. Also Ingram is an unknown, yeah he was a 2nd overall but his success i think depends alot on Luke, the system, and DLO's ability. And even though Luke had a great record with GS; that was 'GS'. Also, can Moz return to his 2014 form? So many unknowns, but again, i'm trying to be a bit optimistic, (cause i'm sick of the Lakers losing, ha ha).

Keep up the spirit brother! Most of us are all thinking the same thing.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I like it better when the "experts" pick us to loose than when they pick us to win.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I think she is more right than wrong.

I do think by the end of the coming season, we will have a much better idea on what we have with these young guys and I do think that there is more than a good chance that at least two of them are going to hit big time.

She indicates that it will still take a few years but that we are going to be on a predictable upward trajectory.

She is also right about ESPN. If all our players were on Boston, they would be talking them up big time. Give me a break, ESPN are mostly trolls and douche bags. We all know it, she just said it.

Guess they won't be able to hire her to make her shut up, good for her.

So 4 year projection:

This year: 35-47
Next year: 45-37
Year 3: 52-30
Year 4: 58-24
Year 5: RING
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I'm on board. I actually expect us to win over 40 games and make the playoffs.

this article's problem is that it is acting like we weren't tanking (as do many people). Well, we were tanking. So if we win 17 wins while tanking, that might indicate that the team is really a 30 win team if they try to win. And that's last year. Add this year's newcomers, and 40+ wins should not be a crazy idea.
staticaa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

this article's problem is that it is acting like we weren't tanking (as do many people). Well, we were tanking. So if we win 17 wins while tanking, that might indicate that the team is really a 30 win team if they try to win. And that's last year. Add this year's newcomers, and 40+ wins should not be a crazy idea.

People don't seem to realize this lol.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Yeah I agree.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject:

staticaa wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

People don't seem to realize this lol.

understand the point and optimism; but let's not act like some very important pieces of that equation didn't see it. Meaning the other teams.

we were a night off for our opponents and unfortunately i'm sure if we did enough to wake them up opposing starters would have exposed us badly.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

I don't get ESPN's logic for having us last in the NBA this season. We coudn't even do it last year with Byron and the KFT.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: