Laker Haters - Something I don't understand
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Laker Haters - Something I don't understand

Laker haters don't tend to make a lot of sense, but one thing I don't quite understand is how short-sighted some of them can be. "Die-hard" Clipper fans (in parentheses because I don't think these actually exist) for instance will always, as a point of contention, ridicule us for our subpar performance these past few years.

Fans of some of the more successful teams in the past decade or so (Spurs, Warriors, Cavs, Heat, etc.) like to point out that we won our last championship 6 years ago... like it's some sort of drought that's lasted for several decades. Any team would kill to have as many championships as we do so...

And yes, I understand that for the past few years we've been irrelevant. I've never contended that because it's true. But we're the Lakers. Success is in the name. And I wholeheartedly believe that this lowpoint is finally going to begin its turn-around in some form this year (Even if we get the worst record in the league, it's at the expense of our youngins' gaining valuable experience.)

Also yes, I understand that haters are haters and that I shouldn't invest too much thought in what they're saying. But I would like to understand why a lot of them are so quick to sweep the Lakers' past success under the table. Are they in denial of our winning record? Do they hate Kobe that much that they just want to piss all over his legacy? And most importantly, how come the Celtics don't get as much hate as we do when they have more titles than us?

No idea why I'm even thinking so much about this subject. I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm just impatient for October 7th to come. Anyone wanna pitch in some insight?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Fans like to bait fans of other teams. It's not about logic; it's about getting a reaction. In fact, being illogical helps them, because it often exasperates their target and gives them a better reaction.

There is only one successful reaction to this type of thing: indifference.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject:

What I never understood was the people who still call Kobe a rapist. Like, did they just stop at the initial allegations? Are they too dense to take in facts?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Fans like to bait fans of other teams. It's not about logic; it's about getting a reaction. In fact, being illogical helps them, because it often exasperates their target and gives them a better reaction.

I agree. Saying the most illogical (bleep) to get a reacion is what people in sportsfandoms do and it's amplified because we're the Lakers and people have hated our success or the players that wore the uniform. Don't try to make sense of it just ignore it. As the poster I quoted said, indifference is the best reply sometimes.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Jealousy is a form of flattery
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I hate on LeBron for losing in the finals, so I can understand a Laker hater who hates on us for being a 17 win team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

"Haters are merely confused admirers" ..... SNOOP DOGG & DRAKE
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I dunno. I hate on the Spurs. But that's perfectly legit hate. The Spurs are like Arby's sandwich. They are shock and awe for your bowels
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

So many responses and not one mention of the chowderheads?

Hate them right back, is what I say

Buck Foston!
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

When the Bully suffers a broken leg, he shouldn't expect any pity.

He should expect to take his medicine, Tenfold!

Until he heals up, where then hell awaits.

For the bullied, turned bullies, shall pay, Tenfold!

-Deep thoughts by (LG's) Jack Handy
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

as someone who does not live near LA, the current "LakerHate" is more in the media than it is "on the street" during the last couple of years. 5 or 6 years ago, there was a definitive line of people who either loved or hated the Lakers, but after a couple years of being bad/mediocre, most non-Laker casual fans don't seem to really care as much for now.

The media is a different story. One element is many of even the more popular websites staff writers are in their 30's and 40's, started writing on a blog in Podunk, USA (aka Minnesota, Indiana, Utah, etc.), and bring years of Laker envy from their earlier years to work with them each day.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
So many responses and not one mention of the chowderheads?

Hate them right back, is what I say

Buck Foston!

Legitimate hate for laker fans to spew in this order

1. Celtics
2. Clippers
3. Spurs
4. Detroit
5. Houston

Lebron is a douche but he is a legit player. Can't really hate on him. Those 5 teams. The clippers are not an NBA team that's legitimate. The other 4 teams have beaten us in the finals or dethroned us during the playoffs

Last edited by 999 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

it's called sports. It's called competition. It's part of the game to hate your opponents. Lakers get the most hate because they've been the most successful. If your team is not winning of course you're gonna hate on the dominant team constantly beating ur favorite team. They aren't being logical, they are being competitive in order to demoralize their opponents.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
What I never understood was the people who still call Kobe a rapist. Like, did they just stop at the initial allegations? Are they too dense to take in facts?

NOBODY cares about the facts. The whole American Press is based on feeding you half truths. Hillary Clinton is all about mis-direction and avoidance of the facts!!! Most people are fine with all that, and most people ONLY care about what they WANT TO CARE ABOUT.

For 90% of the country, it is easy to hate on the Lakers, we are not their team, so why should they care about us? When other teams go down, it typically makes me happy. I sure am NOT happy to see SA get Pau or Leonard, would much rather have seen them fail. That being said, I actually admire their team and coaching, like I admire the FO for the Warriors. Hard not to.

When we get more competitive, my dislike of other teams will grow. Right now, we aren't competing for a ring. Our goals are all internal team goals, not league goals. We would be lucky to make it to the playoffs, let alone get through a round.

I figure they hate us more because we had two major dynasty type teams since the 80's, it seems worse than in the old days because of social media. Everybody is piling on, also the media is piling on. Because the media use to be more middle of the road, now they push their agendas at every opportunity.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

Because Lakers have 'fans' everywhere. From bandwagon fans to true die hard fans.

It's mainly the bandwagon dudes that kill it for most lol. They go out spreading word of how Lakers will win this, that.. it's not hard to be the most hated, especially when your team has one of the largest fan bases in the league.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

singlecamVTEC wrote:
Because Lakers have 'fans' everywhere. From bandwagon fans to true die hard fans.

It's mainly the bandwagon dudes that kill it for most lol. They go out spreading word of how Lakers will win this, that.. it's not hard to be the most hated, especially when your team has one of the largest fan bases in the league.

I would guess that we have the largest fan base in the world for a basketball team
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

All hate is senseless. And believe it or not, there are die hard Clipper fans, I know a couple who have been fans for 25+ years.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

They probably live in the present and don't care what Kobe and the Lakers did a half-decade ago.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject:

we must learn to love one another, especially those that are different from us.

Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
we must learn to love one another, especially those that are different from us.

"If a lot of people love each other, the world would be a better place to live."
-Tommy Wiseau

(couldn't resist)
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I think some of the hate is because many people in other parts of the country just flat out don't like L.A. and California in general. They associate us with Hollywood, liberalism, great weather, self-entitlement, etc. and they're either jealous of us, or they just hate us because they don't agree with our perceived values and lifestyle.
alhambra_zach
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I love the Lakers, but I hate the fans sometimes. I think alot of the hate from other teams stem from the fans and the organization. Example is all of the images of Russell Westbrook in Lakers jersey. That kind of stuff has happened continually for the last how many years and none of it has happened. That angers other fan bases, and it should bother the fans that has some scope of reality.

But the organization deserves responsibility as well, mainly because of the Lakers exceptionalism rhetoric that has been spewing from their mouth during the last couple years of the Kobe era. Plus some of the buffoonery that has taken place with the front office. Considering that the FO has become a laughing stock and yet they say and feel that they should be allowed to woo Kevin Durant or any other top flight free agent. But I actually think they may have turned a corner by not even entertaining those FA that want to win and see that as not an option for this team currently.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

ESPN is a nutshell!!

ESPN has only 2 real markets for bball: Laker haters and laker fans. They kill both w one stone by publishing these preposterous anti-laker articles. In fact, I believe it's part of their job application. Like how you have to meet certain attributes to qualify to work at hooters, you have to show bile and bias against lakers to work there.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
All hate is senseless. And believe it or not, there are die hard Clipper fans, I know a couple who have been fans for 25+ years.

It's a bit ironic for someone that hated Kobe so feverishly for over a decade to post that. To your credit, you did tone it down last couple of years.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

there is no reason to be a clipper fan...it's they take up space in the Los Angeles because they provide jobs to people and the rent is good for staples owner...other than that I would LOVE to see them move the out of staples and FAR FAR FAR away from los angeles
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: