Have you made up your mind about who you'll vote for, for President?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you made up your mind about who you'll vote for, for President
YES
86%
 86%  [ 51 ]
NO
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
STILL A TOSS UP
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 59

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
jodeke wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
The Liar is leading the Kook...!

Which liar?

The one that had a hand in four Americans being killed in Benghazi!

Oh I thought you may have been talking about this liar.

We counted: Donald Trump lied at least 58 times during the first presidential debate.

He kept fact checkers busy.

LINK

Benghazi was/is witch hunt. It's disgusting that Republicans politicized the deaths of Americans. They spent more investigating Benghazi then they did 911. I don't remember any investigation spending as much. Again to use the deaths of Americans for political purposes is disgusting.

at least he didn't break any laws, cost Americans lives and put the security of this country in jeopardy. But Trump is the "bigger" liar? puh-lease.

Everyone I know who has money and has worked hard to earn it, is for Trump, while the minimum wage crowd likes that the Democrats give them free stuff, like healthcare, and money!

I suspect that this is the reason that Trump is losing here, but I could be wrong.

So I would like ALL home owners who are for Hillary, pul-lease chime in here...

Homeowner ...

In my experience, those with amassed wealth supporting a candidate like Donald Trump are just post turtles. Either they were born on third base and mistakenly think they've hit a triple (like Trump). Or they relied on sheer luck and hucksterism to amass their fortune (like Adelson). Or they relied on underhanded, exploitative and perhaps fraudulent acts to amass their fortune (like the rest of them). Regardless, they all seem to know - deep down - that they didn't earn that wealth in the way that most of us view the concept of "earning" something. They all know they wouldn't be able to rise again if their wealth someday disappeared. And thus, they all fight to the death to preserve the wealth they know they couldn't possibly re-create because they lack the firepower and determination to make it happen.

Also in my experience, those with a healthy intellectual curiosity supporting a candidate like Donald Trump are simply paralyzed by faith, social issues and party allegiance. Plain and simple ... religion and societal pressures have a magical way of getting otherwise bright individuals to comply / conform.

So, no ... truly wealthy, truly cerebral individuals almost universally reject just about everything that the Republican Party stands for these days ...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It should but doesn't boggle the mind how people are still hung up on Benghazi and emails. They're such a crock. It's the typical political ploy playing to the minds of those who want to believe something and don't look at the entire picture. They don't like the nose so the face is ugly. Beautiful cheeks, eyes, mouth go unnoticed.

If those are the reasons to vote Trump over Clinton, IMO, they're misguided reasons.

I don't want the nuclear codes in the hands of the most narcissistic, homophobic, misogynistic, Islamophobic, xenophobic idiot I've ever seen.

The man goes off if chided on tweets. Can you imagine how he'd react to a foreign leader who speaks about him in a unflattering manner? puh-lease

The emails are something that people should be hung up on. They represent a potential threat to our national security. They can say nothing sensitive was lost, but those who want to believe that will and those that don't want to believe it won't. But the potential threat is there. Foreign governments seem to have relative ease hacking into our systems, it is much easier with a cheaply set up server. Be there real damage or not, it is highly irresponsible and something that should be considered when evaluating an elected official. If she is going to be so loose with that information, who is to say she would be different with more sensitive information? It is something one has to ask.

And it seems you have little understanding of how the nuclear codes work.

You make a good point VLF however, if you apply that logic you must also apply it to Trump and his relationship with Putin. Imho, being a propaganda puppet to Putin (proven) is far worse than (possibly/unproven) having an email server hacked.

(I know you don't like either however some might get the idea you have a biased against Hillary)

You would get no argument from me regarding Trump and Putin. All the issues need to be evaluated.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

So what has stunted your thought process such that you've made the assumption that established people would have a problem voting for an establishment candidate?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

So what has stunted your thought process such that you've made the assumption that established people would have a problem voting for an establishment candidate?

Because some established people have a big problem voting for the establishment candidate.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

The lesser of two evils...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

Do Mark Cuban and Warren Buffet still rent?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

There are some pretty posh neighborhoods where several houses have Hillary signs on their front lawns. Weird.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject:

Homeowners for Hillary
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
jodeke wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
The Liar is leading the Kook...!

Which liar?

The one that had a hand in four Americans being killed in Benghazi!

Oh I thought you may have been talking about this liar.

We counted: Donald Trump lied at least 58 times during the first presidential debate.

He kept fact checkers busy.

LINK

Benghazi was/is witch hunt. It's disgusting that Republicans politicized the deaths of Americans. They spent more investigating Benghazi then they did 911. I don't remember any investigation spending as much. Again to use the deaths of Americans for political purposes is disgusting.

at least he didn't break any laws, cost Americans lives and put the security of this country in jeopardy. But Trump is the "bigger" liar? puh-lease.

Everyone I know who has money and has worked hard to earn it, is for Trump, while the minimum wage crowd likes that the Democrats give them free stuff, like healthcare, and money!

I suspect that this is the reason that Trump is losing here, but I could be wrong.

I own my own home. I've worked very hard for everything I have. Neither of my parents graduated from high school but I have a doctorate. Not everyone in my family is successful, I have two siblings who are on-the-street alcoholics, but I would be considered successful by most measures. The people I work with (and generally associate with) are educated, successful people from many ethnicities, religions, races. Some from poor backgrounds like me, others born into well-to-do families. Most are home owners. Everyone I've spoken to about the election supports Clinton and is appalled by Trump.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It should but doesn't boggle the mind how people are still hung up on Benghazi and emails. They're such a crock. It's the typical political ploy playing to the minds of those who want to believe something and don't look at the entire picture. They don't like the nose so the face is ugly. Beautiful cheeks, eyes, mouth go unnoticed.

If those are the reasons to vote Trump over Clinton, IMO, they're misguided reasons.

I don't want the nuclear codes in the hands of the most narcissistic, homophobic, misogynistic, Islamophobic, xenophobic idiot I've ever seen.

The man goes off if chided on tweets. Can you imagine how he'd react to a foreign leader who speaks about him in a unflattering manner? puh-lease

The emails are something that people should be hung up on. They represent a potential threat to our national security. They can say nothing sensitive was lost, but those who want to believe that will and those that don't want to believe it won't. But the potential threat is there. Foreign governments seem to have relative ease hacking into our systems, it is much easier with a cheaply set up server. Be there real damage or not, it is highly irresponsible and something that should be considered when evaluating an elected official. If she is going to be so loose with that information, who is to say she would be different with more sensitive information? It is something one has to ask.

And it seems you have little understanding of how the nuclear codes work.

I'm fully aware of how the codes work. Do you remember Major Harold Hering ?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

There are some pretty posh neighborhoods where several houses have Hillary signs on their front lawns. Weird.

I became a homeowner this year. And I'm voting for Hillary. And yet, I exist.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Alright, well, we're outliers. I guess that a normal person would suddenly begin to grab life by the puss no later than the moment he receives the key to his new house.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

Homeowner for anti-Trump
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Congrats ocho!

My mother just purchased her first home at age 60. Worked her entire life raising my Sister and I as a single parent and she finally has a place of her own.

She's also voting for Hillary
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
ocho wrote:

Congrats ocho!

My mother just purchased her first home at age 60. Worked her entire life raising my Sister and I as a single parent and she finally has a place of her own.

Kudos
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I just sold my house so now I can vote for Hillary!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
ocho wrote:

Congrats ocho!

Thanks! And congrats to Mama LJ
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

It's like choosing which one of your nuts you'd prefer to be kicked in

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

LINK Cast my mail in ballot today. Had time to read the state measures. Voted on those I was sure of, didn't on those I wasn't. I don't vote blind.

For those who think this is a lock for Clinton I again remind them of Dewey defeats Truman

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!!

Relating to the nuclear codes. Do any remember Major Harold Hering? He was discharged for questioning the process for launching nuclear missiles. He asked "How can I know that an order I receive to launch my missiles came from a sane president?"

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

For those who think the is a lock for Clinton I again remind them of Dewey defeats Truman

I bet you remember watching that with your grandkids.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

For those who think the is a lock for Clinton I again remind them of Dewey defeats Truman

I bet you remember watching that with your grandkids.

No. I won't tell you who I was watching them with, it might embarrass you.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject:

It's getting down to the real nitty-gritty time. LINK

So Donald stiffed contractors in Atlantic City made lewd remarks about women. Hillary lied about emails and Benghazi is foggy. Stop looking for negatives. Ask yourself which candidate is better qualified to run the country? If you think it's Trump cast for him. If you think it's Hillary cast for her.

We really only have two choices.

I don't think Trump has the experience or qualifications. JMHO.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Don't insult him personally, no need. It's just reflects that he has bought into the Republican propaganda machine. Trump isn't the first Republican to call the democratic base one full of free loaders. The irony is that, %-wise, the democratic base, the same one voting for social welfare programs, tends to be more highly educated per capita than the Republican base. However, its pretty easy to say "of course someone would vote for a liberal, they want free stuff!" In this election cycle, above all, it should be no surprise that this statement is just another lie thrown into the mix. The bigger lie, of course, stems from the fact that when Republicans have the ability to dip into the country's purse, they spend just as much, if not more, than Democrats do. The party of hypocrisy.

Not to mention the fact that the blue states are the net payers and the red states the net receivers in the grand giveaway game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: