View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Wisconsin in, Miami out.

do not think that will last long (do not think they can beat Ohio State...just my opinion)....if Miami wins next week, they are probably back in....

Yep, if they win the ACC title game against Clemson, they will take Clemson's spot assuming Wisconsin wins their title game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Think UCF has got a raw deal from the committee. No, I would not have them in the top #6....but #15 is too low. Especially if your ranking Wisconsin @ #5 with their questionable schedule. The only real comparison between the teams is UCF beat Maryland 38-10 @ Maryland and Wisconsin beat Maryland 38-13 @ Wisconsin. UCF should be in the top #10 going into their game with USF (who should also be ranked).
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Think UCF has got a raw deal from the committee. No, I would not have them in the top #6....but #15 is too low. Especially if your ranking Wisconsin @ #5 with their questionable schedule. The only real comparison between the teams is UCF beat Maryland 38-10 @ Maryland and Wisconsin beat Maryland 38-13 @ Wisconsin. UCF should be in the top #10 going into their game with USF (who should also be ranked).

Has UCF ever gotten much respect, even during the Jim Leavitt years?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Leavitt was @ USF....and those USF teams got some respect under Leavitt....climbed to #2 in the country in 2007. They were ranked for most of 2008 and 2009.....then here and there after that. UCF finished 2013 ranked #10 in the AP and beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl under George O'Leary. UCF only lost one game that year to #12 South Carolina by 3 points. Both teams are sleeping giants in my opinion as far as football programs.

One fact to remember is UCF just went Division 1 in 1996 when Daunte Culpepper was there....and USF just started a football program in 1997 and went Division 1 in 2001. Leavitt recruited me and my best friend for that inaugural squad....my best friend accepted their offer and played for USF, but I chose to return to WV to play.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Wisconsin is now in if they run the table. That's the good news for them. The ACC title game loser will now be out for sure, at least in comparison to an undefeated Wisconsin.

Miami's loss to Pitt also shows, once again, how difficult it is to go undefeated, which is why I think Wisconsin may have gotten in anyway if they run the table. It's just such a hard thing to do.

In other news, Florida is no longer considering Chip Kelly...come on down, Chip.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

If Wisconsin gets in this year....in combination with Washington last year....the clear message to every AD in the country is to schedule the easiest games possible.....do not take any risks, and if your conference schedule is easy enough, you will be rewarded. Wisconsin would have multiple losses if they played in the Big10 East, ACC, SEC, or Big12.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
If Wisconsin gets in this year....in combination with Washington last year....the clear message to every AD in the country is to schedule the easiest games possible.....do not take any risks, and if your conference schedule is easy enough, you will be rewarded. Wisconsin would have multiple losses if they played in the Big10 East, ACC, SEC, or Big12.

Eh. If Wisconsin ends up with wins over Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State, no one is going to care about this.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Eh. If Wisconsin ends up with wins over Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State, no one is going to care about this.

This.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Chip Kelly returns to college football as head coach of UCLA

Quote:
Former Oregon coach Chip Kelly has been named the next head coach at UCLA, agreeing to a five-year contract worth $23.3 million with a $9 million reciprocal buyout, the school announced Saturday.

LINK
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Iowa who has a losing conference record, and Michigan who has 0 quality wins? Yeah, they will care.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

Mike Riley out as Nebraska coach after three seasons

Quote:
Nebraska has fired coach Mike Riley after the Cornhuskers spiraled to a 4-8 finish in his third season.

LINK

fwiw, local reports (Central Florida) are that Frost would have a very difficult time turning down Nebraska if offered.

Last edited by adkindo on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

wisconsin is such a cupcake team
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Nebraska has fired coach Mike Riley after the Cornhuskers spiraled to a 4-8 finish in his third season.

LINK

fwiw, local reports (Central Florida) are that Frost would have a very difficult time turning down Nebraska if offered.

Just a terrible hire from the start, Riley in Nebraska made no sense.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Leavitt was @ USF....and those USF teams got some respect under Leavitt....climbed to #2 in the country in 2007. They were ranked for most of 2008 and 2009.....then here and there after that. UCF finished 2013 ranked #10 in the AP and beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl under George O'Leary. UCF only lost one game that year to #12 South Carolina by 3 points. Both teams are sleeping giants in my opinion as far as football programs.

One fact to remember is UCF just went Division 1 in 1996 when Daunte Culpepper was there....and USF just started a football program in 1997 and went Division 1 in 2001. Leavitt recruited me and my best friend for that inaugural squad....my best friend accepted their offer and played for USF, but I chose to return to WV to play.

My mistake. I was thinking Leavitt for USF and meant to say Culpepper for UCF. I remember hearing very little buzz about UCF the whole time he was there and then suddenly near the NFL draft it was all about this big monster LB sized QB from an "unknown college". Same with USF. Little respect until Leavitt's final years, and even then they weren't given enough in my opinion.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Former Oregon coach Chip Kelly has been named the next head coach at UCLA, agreeing to a five-year contract worth $23.3 million with a $9 million reciprocal buyout, the school announced Saturday.

LINK

He's either going to resurrect the program and bring it to new heights or be really awful like when he was in the NFL. I don't think he is going to be an average coach.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

He's either going to resurrect the program and bring it to new heights or be really awful like when he was in the NFL. I don't think he is going to be an average coach.

I would bet on his recruiting in Southern California, but if I recall Mora was bringing in top 20 classes each year. I would expect Kelly to bring in top 5 or 10 classes. He will keep a lot of 4 and 5 Star recruits from heading to Oregon and across town. I think it is a good fit.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Great hire by UCLA. If Kelly does 75% of what he did at Oregon, it is a major upgrade for the Bruins.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

kind of sad...was watching the Ohio State / Michigan game, and noticed the FSU / UF score scrolling....didn't even realize they were playing at noon....can't recall a more irrelevant FSU / UF game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Memphis just threw up 49 on ECU in the first half.....will not be a cake walk for UCF to beat Memphis again next weekend.

I still would put money on UCF over Wisconsin....maybe they will match up in a New Years Bowl game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Quote:
Mitch Sherman‏Verified account
@mitchsherman

Bill Moos talked openly about UCF coach Scott Frost today. Say this for Nebraska's AD — he lays his cards on the table.

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/status/934503920264609792
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Great hire by UCLA. If Kelly does 75% of what he did at Oregon, it is a major upgrade for the Bruins.

Hopefully, the 75% won’t include the probation.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baker Mayfield won't start vs. Mountaineers as disciplinary action

Quote:
Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will not start Saturday's game against West Virginia as disciplinary action for his antics at Kansas, coach Lincoln Riley said Monday.

LINK

this is ridiculous....the only reason they are doing this is because Will Grier broke his hand last week, and they know WVU has no chance without Grier.

he set out two offensive plays....some tough discipline at Oklahoma.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Alabama in major trouble to Auburn, down 12 in the 4th. This was the only remaining scenario where Wisconsin could be in some danger of not making the playoff if they ran the table...the scenario where the SEC could get 2 teams in. If 'Bama doesn't come back, you could have the Auburn/Georgia winner, Oklahoma, the ACC title game winner, Wisconsin, and 'Bama vying for 4 spots. I just can't see them leaving out the SEC title game winner or the ACC title game winner. And I'm having a lot of trouble believing they won't take the Crimson Tide. So it comes down to 1-loss Oklahoma, with the likely runaway Heisman winner, vs. an undefeated Wisconsin, with a pretty light schedule but still the champion of a power conference.

I think Wisconsin would get left out in this scenario.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

^
A lot can still happen though to avoid this scenario. Clemson could lose tonight to South Carolina, and then beat Miami, which would give us a 2-loss ACC champ. Wisconsin, of course, could still lose to Ohio State (and will be an underdog). Oklahoma could lose in the Big 12 title game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Down goes Bama.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 29 of 77
Jump to: