College football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Texas had that game....allowed the classic Prevent Defense to prevent them from winning in regulation.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Clemson making Lamar Jackson look "pedestrian"!

You have to give it up to Dabo and what they have built there. Lose Watson and take on the Heisman winner the following season at his place--heck, they barely beat Louisville last year at Clemson--and blow them out. Very impressive.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Rosen cost UCLA that game, ultimately. I thought it was a game they might lose, with such an early start time for a West Coast team traveling east, but Rosen still just can't do some of the things he did. That pick 6 was football 101 in terms of what NOT to do, the INT on the penultimate drive on 3rd down when you're in easy FG range to at least tie the game late was inexcusable, and then, given new life by Memphis, throwing another ball up for grabs when he could have just thrown it away forced his WR to take a (smart) penalty, basically crippling that drive.

Interesting that LSU got absolutely blitzed at Miss. St., too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Clemson making Lamar Jackson look "pedestrian"!

You have to give it up to Dabo and what they have built there. Lose Watson and take on the Heisman winner the following season at his place--heck, they barely beat Louisville last year at Clemson--and blow them out. Very impressive.

from what I have seen, Clemson may be the best team in the country. Also, we may be looking at the wrong team in the state of Oklahoma when forecasting the playoffs.....OK State looks legit and they have Oklahoma @ home this year.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Rosen cost UCLA that game, ultimately. I thought it was a game they might lose, with such an early start time for a West Coast team traveling east, but Rosen still just can't do some of the things he did. That pick 6 was football 101 in terms of what NOT to do, the INT on the penultimate drive on 3rd down when you're in easy FG range to at least tie the game late was inexcusable, and then, given new life by Memphis, throwing another ball up for grabs when he could have just thrown it away forced his WR to take a (smart) penalty, basically crippling that drive.

Without Rosen, that game is 35-0.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah. Hard to lay the loss at his feet when he went for 463 yards with 4TDs against 2 Int's. At some point, the defense has to give some sort of resistance.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

UCLA doesn't have much of a rushing game....You take the good with the bad with Rosen. Obviously he made some careless throws today, but no way they are even in the game without Rosen.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah. Hard to lay the loss at his feet when he went for 463 yards with 4TDs against 2 Int's. At some point, the defense has to give some sort of resistance.

So too should the offensive line. They get pushed back 5 yards at the snap either on run or pass plays. That's not going to get it done. Sal "Tripper" Alosi needs to be fired. A team where everyone is outmuscled by walk-on opponents on both sides of the ball means someone in the strength&conditioning side is not doing their job. Sure, Rosen made poor mistakes, but only because he's got 3 linemen in his face while his receivers are running the wrong routes. Even Tom Brady makes those mistakes.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB

Last edited by rwongega on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

the Stanford - San Diego State game has came to a stop because the lights went out at Qualcomm....completely dark in a close game with a few minutes left and San Diego State marching towards the end zone to try to win the game.....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the Stanford - San Diego State game has came to a stop because the lights went out at Qualcomm....completely dark in a close game with a few minutes left and San Diego State marching towards the end zone to try to win the game.....

So what happened? Did they restart it or is it a draw?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

So what happened? Did they restart it or is it a draw?

they went back to studio....guess they are trying to get the lights back on...Stanford is leading 17-13 with less than 4 minutes to go...SDSU has the ball 1st and 10 on the Stanford 42. They reported it could take at least 15 minutes to get the lights back on.....if they can?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Oh it's still on? I'll try to catch it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Of course UCLA isn't even in the game without Rosen. That doesn't excuse some genuinely horrific decisions that you can't make, and I don't care if you're in Pop Warner or all the way up to the NFL. The fact is that, even if I take the pick 6 out of the equation, he made 2 absolutely critical errors that you just can't make. They were really bad plays. And I'm not afraid to criticize idiotic mistakes. He tried to play hero ball and it burned UCLA on the final two drives.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

lights came back on, and SDSU scored a TD to upset Stanford 20-17!
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I saw they were still in it in the 4th and started following along on ESPN gamecast (I don't get CBSSN). LakerLanny must be bouncing off the walls!

GO AZTECS
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

SC almost loses to an unranked Texas team. I wonder how much this will hurt their ranking. Texas looked good though, they were pumped for this game. I don't know how they were unranked coming in.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
not calling for an upset, but USC better be prepared for Texas this weekend....during the last few years, Texas has been mediocre, but each season knocks off high ranked opponents that they were heavy underdogs going into the game. Last year#10 Notre Dame and #8 Baylor and in 2015 it was #10 Oklahoma and #12 Baylor. They have not been good, but always talented!

Nah, USC will be fighting hard to preserve their undefeated record against Texas

Texas probably should have won this game. Darnold just has that "it" factor. Absolute stud.

Texas' D looked stout. And their QB looks NFL worthy, guy can really throw on the run. Half the existing NFL QB's can't do that.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Of course UCLA isn't even in the game without Rosen. That doesn't excuse some genuinely horrific decisions that you can't make, and I don't care if you're in Pop Warner or all the way up to the NFL. The fact is that, even if I take the pick 6 out of the equation, he made 2 absolutely critical errors that you just can't make. They were really bad plays. And I'm not afraid to criticize idiotic mistakes. He tried to play hero ball and it burned UCLA on the final two drives.

Idiotic mistakes made under extreme duress by a QB still in college. And I'm not talking about pressure situations, I'm talking about the pressure directly in his face before 1-Mississippi. It takes a seasoned NFL veteran to avoid those plays and even then you still see it amongst future HOF ones. He has no choice but to play hero ball considering the OL is swiss cheese, the D is giving up 40+ points, and the WR's are no name guys who probably lead the nation in dropped passes and poor routes.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
SC almost loses to an unranked Texas team. I wonder how much this will hurt their ranking. Texas looked good though, they were pumped for this game. I don't know how they were unranked coming in.

They lost their first game and gave up 51 points, and people thought if Maryland could score 51 on them, then USC should beat them easily.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Idiotic mistakes made under extreme duress by a QB still in college. And I'm not talking about pressure situations, I'm talking about the pressure directly in his face before 1-Mississippi. It takes a seasoned NFL veteran to avoid those plays and even then you still see it amongst future HOF ones. He has no choice but to play hero ball considering the OL is swiss cheese, the D is giving up 40+ points, and the WR's are no name guys who probably lead the nation in dropped passes and poor routes.

How can the rest of the team look so bad? It looks like the entire team sucks except the quarterback. I wonder how he would look if he was on a team that could win games without him.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Texas had that game....allowed the classic Prevent Defense to prevent them from winning in regulation.

Texas lost because of that fumble in OT. USC defense finally made a play and boy did they need it because they looked hopeless. I thought Texas would run out of gas in this game and eventually fall behind and get blown out, but instead they actually looked stronger as the game went on. Can't believe USC literally took the entire second half just to score a field goal.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Read that the lights were out for 23 minutes.
If you want to know why the Chargers left San Diego thats pretty much your answer right there.
49ers had an incident like that back in their old stadium during MNF and it was one of the factors in them getting the new stadium built.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Texas lost because of that fumble in OT. USC defense finally made a play and boy did they need it because they looked hopeless. I thought Texas would run out of gas in this game and eventually fall behind and get blown out, but instead they actually looked stronger as the game went on. Can't believe USC literally took the entire second half just to score a field goal.

I disagree.....USC was always the better team, and if Texas stays in their normal pressure defense, and not allow all those underneath passes that got USC into FG range, they likely win in regulation. If I was Texas, I go for two in the first OT recognizing the longer this thing goes on, the more likely the better team wins.

I get that Texas defense held up in that last OT, but USC was being conservative knowing all they needed was a FG. If they are down by a TD, they probably play that OT different or at least have a different play calling scheme.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
If I was Texas, I go for two in the first OT recognizing the longer this thing goes on, the more likely the better team wins.

I was thinking the same thing.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

San Diego State 20, Stanford 17 -- FINAL

Aztec Nation approves! This team is full of ass kickers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 17 of 77
Jump to: