Shaquille O'Neal Hall of Fame Appreciation thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Haha this is entertaining to say the least. Its like 2004 all over again. Shaq brigade trying so desperately to spin with this revisionist history bs to scapegoat Kobe for Shaq being a career underacheiver (which he conceded to btw). Shaq was in shape for just 2 season after Orlando. First year Phil got here and 1st with Miami, one resulted in MVP and 2nd he was robbed of MVP by Nash. Shaq and his minions always made excuses as if no one in history ever had plantar fascitis. Shaq is so insecure that he was mad that his teammates and Phil would not embellish his little injuries to make him look good to media.

I get the bitterness in Shaq fans tho. I remember back in '04, every Shaq fan put it on their mother that Kobe would never win another ring and Shaq would go on to win 4-5 more. Shaq never won (bleep) w/o Kobe. Refs and DWade (20 fta/g in g4-6 really??) robbed Mavs of '06 title.

The biggest myth I see Shaq jockers perpetuate is that Shaq "carried" the Lakers to 3 'ships! Its comical how disingenuous that claim is. Only argument they keep repeating is he got the finals MVP. Andre Iguodala got an MVP too. The Final MVP is for 1 series, not the playoffs. Even a basic NBA fan knew the finals were just a exhibition, a mere formality against a JV team, after the real finals took place (WCF). Through WCF, Kobe was the MVP. He demolished Kings, Spurs when they stifled Shaq into a mere mortal. He led the comeback vs Blazers where Shaq was shut down by Sabonis + Sheed. If the MVP was for entire playoffs, maybe Shaq gets the 1st MVP, the next 2 were Kobe's hands down. Hell, even the first one was in the balance when Shaq fouled out and a then 21yo took over to save the series.

But lets let the little JA Adande troll continue with this comical revisionist history bs. I know shaq tried to buy love by inviting media members like JA over to house. And it worked on the simpletons, the faux news sheep types.

Simple tip, anytime you quote ESPN on bball related topic, you are showing your hand on your own bball knowledge. smh

(VLF - you probably dont want to use "bias" against anyone given your track record. Pot calling Kettle black much? I never pretend and masquerade that I value skilled hard working players over athletic freaks that underachieves e.g. Shaq, D12, Vince )

That is a tremendous post.

Great stuff!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: