Brandon Ingram or Klay Thompson: Who will have a better NBA career?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Brandon Ingram or Klay Thompson: Who will have a better NBA career?

So I just finished reading a article that had a Wiggins vs Ingram debate and thought I would start a Klay vs Ingram topic, curious to see who you choose in your non-homer commentary.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I know other ppl will have higher expectations, but I'd be ecstatic if Ingram was as good as Klay Thompson
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Karl Malone
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

If Ingram turns out anywhere near as good as Klay I'll be very happy
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Ingram obviously. Klay is an all star but is he a superstar like KD, Lebron, Westbrook? No. I think KAT is a shoe in to be a superstar. Dlo will likely be an all star, and potential superstar if he works hard. Ingram? I think he will easily be an all star in a few years and will be a much better player than Klay
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Hopefully Ingram obviously. Klay is an all star but is he a superstar like KD, Lebron, Westbrook? No. I think KAT is a shoe in to be a superstar. Dlo will likely be an all star, and potential superstar if he works hard. Ingram? I think he will easily be an all star in a few years and will be a much better player than Klay

So you see Ingram in the all star tier?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Klay is an old man compared to Brandon. LOL! Where does the time go?
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
15 wrote:

I meant to say Ingram is a definite all star , potential superstar. Klay is just an all star. In other words, I think Ingram has a higher upside
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject:

[quote="15"]
Inspector Gadget wrote:
15 wrote:

I meant to say Ingram is a definite all star , potential superstar. Klay is just an all star. In other words, I think Ingram has a higher upside[/quote

Gotcha ... thanks.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject:

Earl Grant
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
I know other ppl will have higher expectations, but I'd be ecstatic if Ingram was as good as Klay Thompson

This. Klay is one of the best shooters in NBA history and a plus defender. With Ingram's size and length, being as good as Klay would make him a tremendous asset.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject:

I have hopes that Ingram will be better than Klay thanks to his elite measurements and shooting.

Klay is a top 20 player right now, maybe top 15. But if you cast him as a lead man on a team, not sure how good he would be. He's perfect in a supporting role (now 3rd option).

I'm still not sure if Ingram will be an top tier supporting player or a lead guy.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject:

Well, Klay is either the best SG in the league or a strong contender for that title

Ingram is better
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I have hopes that Ingram will be better than Klay thanks to his elite measurements and shooting.

Klay is a top 20 player right now, maybe top 15. But if you cast him as a lead man on a team, not sure how good he would be. He's perfect in a supporting role (now 3rd option).

I'm still not sure if Ingram will be an top tier supporting player or a lead guy.

I think it depends on what you mean by "better." If Ingram approaches--or matches--Klay's shooting ability (no small task, of course), and is a defender of similar caliber, I think it would be arguable that Ingram is better. His height and length would allow him to guard more positions on D and make him a harder matchup for opposing defenses.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think it depends on what you mean by "better." If Ingram approaches--or matches--Klay's shooting ability (no small task, of course), and is a defender of similar caliber, I think it would be arguable that Ingram is better. His height and length would allow him to guard more positions on D and make him a harder matchup for opposing defenses.

Yeah. I'm very high on Klay, but also realize that he's better suited as a #2 (and now #3) option. My question is whether Ingram is a lead guy or sort of like Klay, a high level support player.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. I'm very high on Klay, but also realize that he's better suited as a #2 (and now #3) option. My question is whether Ingram is a lead guy or sort of like Klay, a high level support player.

I obviously don't have a lot of evidence to go off to make this claim, but in terms of demeanor, Ingram strikes me as more of a high level no. 2 guy. He seems like a quiet, unselfish dude who appears ready to do whatever his team requires of him rather than a take the bull by the horns sort of guy. I would say that his best case scenario talent wise is a no. 1 option type. D'Lo is the guy that strikes me as the leader type in terms of demeanor. Who knows? It could end up being that Ingram is the best player, but D'Lo is the "leader."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I obviously don't have a lot of evidence to go off to make this claim, but in terms of demeanor, Ingram strikes me as more of a high level no. 2 guy. He seems like a quiet, unselfish dude who appears ready to do whatever his team requires of him rather than a take the bull by the horns sort of guy. I would say that his best case scenario talent wise is a no. 1 option type. D'Lo is the guy that strikes me as the leader type in terms of demeanor. Who knows? It could end up being that Ingram is the best player, but D'Lo is the "leader."

Yeah, in terms of roles, that's how I see it too. I'm just hoping we can use FA in the next few years to get another high level #2 or 1A/B player. I can def see DLO being the lead guy, with Ingram being the do-it-all #2 option.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject:

Ingram is that workhorse that most (not all) title teams need that chews you up for 45 minutes and then the closer finishes you off. This is the Shaq and LeBron role. The amazing thing is it appears Dlo is the perfect closer to pair him with.

We'll see how things pan out.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject:

Kinda need to wait for Ingram to play a season or two.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Kinda need to wait for Ingram to play a season or two.

No doubt. But even if he pans out like a Kahwai/AK47 monster hybrid player, he can be a top 10 player in the league. I'm very curious to see what kind of leadership role he will take. Then again he just turned 19 so there's that.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

Ingram hasn't even played in a professional game yet.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Ingram hasn't even played in a professional game yet.

And Klay is an All Star, NBA Champion, and Olympic Gold medalist. At the age of 26. So yeah...lets pump the breaks just a bit.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject:

I'll go out on a limb here and say that one of the two will definitely have a better career than the other
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Kobe Bryant

This
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: