Kobe vs. Tmac seems sooo long ago
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone see the game between the Rockets and Queens where they had some kind of technical problem that dragged on and on? T Mac took a seat court side and yukked it up with one of the Magoof bros. Kobe would never, EVER do something like that. That is the difference between them, and it's a huge difference in my opnion.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

gp5 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
WHAT in the HELL is your sig suppose to mean?

Agreed, what the hell? Is the implication that Kobe is Jordan's dad? If so, Kobe's been dead for 13 years

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:
For example, if he led the Lakers to the title this season he'd go down as top 3 player of all time because to even imagine such a feat is stupid. That is what legends do. So we'll see.

No way can any legend in the NBA history lead the current lakers squad to the title. Kobe would be considered the GOAT unanimously if he could do it.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

McGrady's been in and out with a bad back for the last couple years. This is not likely to change, it's only likely to get worse as he gets older and plays more. Kobe's had a myriad of injuries, but none of them are chronic. I don't believe he's known for the best of work habits whether they be conditioning or basketball skills.

Kobe vs. TMac is a once frequent debate I haven't heard from any of my friends in a long time.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

TMac, IMO, has greater physical gifts in terms of size, wingspan and athleticism. Not by much but his physical gifts are slightly better. Same goes for Lebron, IMO.

Obviously, Kobe has more mental commitment to his game and to winning. That's what separates him from everyone else.

When I used to work out a lot more, I could generally bench about 150% of my body weight. That's pretty good. There was another guy in the gym who had a similar body type to mine and he could always outlift me because the guy was just so incredibly focused mentally. He bordered on looney. But he was just that much better in gym because of that focus. Kobe's singlemindedness always reminds me of that guy.
Eagle2904
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
Eagle2904 wrote:
all this category talk is crap. there are no categories. "he's not even in the same category". what a load of bull. who makes these categories? who decides which player is in what category?

t-mac is a good player, lebron is a good player, right now kobe is better than both of them. period. category my a$$.

who decides which player is in what category???

at least three things:

1. knowledge of the game
2. mental thoughness
3. results

Will you tell me that Luke walton is in the same category then Bill Walton?

Do you at least understand what separates a good player to a great ?player?

okay. this getting pretty funny. aside from the fact that you just made up these three criteria as deciding factors for "categories" (there's at least 20 people on this board alone that'd do it differently), I will engage your little charade.

Will I tell you that Luke Walton is in the same category then Bill Walton?
No, I don't need to tell you that, since I don't participate in that category-game.

Do I at least understand what separates a good player from a great player?
Yes, Einstein, I do. It's not categories. And I'm pretty sure if you weren't so narrow-minded you'd agree. Because like everything which depends on opinion there is not just two sides. not just yes/no, black/white, right/wrong or in this case great/good. take patrick ewing for instance. a great player? i can find a hundred people who'll say yes. and i can find a hundred who'll say he didn't win a championship, he wasted the last years of his stellar career in places like seattle and orlando and he could never find a way to defeat a certain player wearing number 23. you see "good/great" it all depends on where you're standing, what that word "greatness" means to YOU.

so don't tell me about universal categories and that "at least three things" decide which player is in what category, when all you can do is throw big words at me like "mental toughness", "greatness" or "knowledge" that mean completely different things to the next guy standing outside your frame of mind.

this message board is for people sharing different thoughts and all kinds of freeflowing views. all i'm saying is that "categories" would be a terrible way to constrict those thoughts.

after all not everyone thinks in boxes, you know.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: