Lakers let Judy Seto go....hire Jen Swanson!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Wow.

Next we'll hear that Stu and Tanner will go.

Honestly. I wouldn't mind that. I know I'll get backlash for that but. Tanner and stu are so outdated imo. Even Billy mac. I'd love to hear some fresh voices. I'd even take Ireland play by play over cheesy ass Billy mac. Move trudell into Ireland's spot on the radio broadcast. Ireland and mychal Thompson would be nice for tv Or even worthy and ireland so that mychal can keep his radio show chemistry going with trudell. Take worthy off pre/post game hes old n boring anyway. He says the same stuff all the time. I'd like to see Jamie and horry as the main tv personalities. AC green gotta go too lol. Horry jamison and fisher would be nice for pre post game show.

As for tanner. Replace him with skrillex.

I'd remove every single "personality," radio or otherwise, currently associated with the Lakers -- bar Tanter and Thompson (just let him go out on his terms. Besides, "modern" stadium announcers are pure hack). The Franchise that Chick Hearn Voiced deserves better than FRESH SNOW

Lol @ the bolded. so true
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

I really don't mind Billy Mac. The one I'm hoping will be leaving soon is Stu, aka Mr. 'I'll be a Negative Nancy 97% of the time for virtually no reason.' His attitude makes it impossible for he and Billy Mac to have any kind of chemistry.

Billy Mac: Great post move that time by Randle.

Stu: Not really. It was a pretty basic move.

Billy Mac: Nice weather we're having.

Stu: No it's not.

Billy Mac: Congrats on you and your wife celebrating your 200th wedding anniversary.

Stu: Plenty of people have been married longer.

Stu, please retire lol.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

I like Stu, tbh. I wish they'd get rid of Billy Mac. Somebody said this a while ago, but he sounds like a cheesy gameshow host.

I like Mike Trudell, he has a great voice and is good on the radio with ireland and Thompson. I dunno if he has it in him to be a play by play type dude.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I really don't mind Billy Mac. The one I'm hoping will be leaving soon is Stu, aka Mr. 'I'll be a Negative Nancy 97% of the time for virtually no reason.' His attitude makes it impossible for he and Billy Mac to have any kind of chemistry.

Billy Mac: Congrats on you and your wife celebrating your 200th wedding anniversary.

Stu, please retire lol.

Stud is Lakers Fam Supreme so even tho he bugs at times I have a hard time calling for his head.

But this made me LOL for real. !!!!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Stu, please retire lol.

Hahaha. So true.

I'd like to see Mychal Thomposon move into Stu's spot.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

keep Stu but hire a bigger name than him who will force him to fall in line
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I wish they'd get rid of Billy Mac and Stu. I have to mute games, the commentary is so bad. Stu sounds like he's bored 90% of the time and Billy Mac is the epitome of corny.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm fine with Billy Mac. He's a nice guy who loves the Lakers. He's very good at the interviewing people and getting them to relax and open up. Stu on the other hand has always been a boring straight man. It was fine when Chick was dominating the commentary and play by play, but he is just not an entertaining personality.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Let Ireland do play by play Trudell color and Jaime Maggio do sideline reporting and simulcast like the good ole Chicky days
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject:

noooooo...............Juuuuuuuuuudyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Let Ireland do play by play Trudell color and Jaime Maggio do sideline reporting and simulcast like the good ole Chicky days

Ireland is a loyalist and apologist but he's got pedestrian level skills as a play-by-play guy. Even Billy Mac is better. Oh Lord. From Golden Throat to this.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Stu, please retire lol.

he tries so hard to be Chick in a "non-homer" way but he comes off as condescending. particularly towards Billy Mac, who can't seem to make a right decision in Stu's eyes apparently.

I preferred James Worthy on commentary over Stu at this point.

He and Ireland had very good chemistry

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:

Stu, please retire lol.

he tries so hard to be Chick in a "non-homer" way but he comes off as condescending. particularly towards Billy Mac, who can't seem to make a right decision in Stu's eyes apparently.

Boy that was fun to watch again. Can Laker season start already!!?!!?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
I'm fine with Billy Mac. He's a nice guy who loves the Lakers. He's very good at the interviewing people and getting them to relax and open up. Stu on the other hand has always been a boring straight man. It was fine when Chick was dominating the commentary and play by play, but he is just not an entertaining personality.

I agree which is why he shouldn't be doing play-by-play.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
I like Stu, tbh. I wish they'd get rid of Billy Mac. Somebody said this a while ago, but he sounds like a cheesy gameshow host.

I like Mike Trudell, he has a great voice and is good on the radio with ireland and Thompson. I dunno if he has it in him to be a play by play type dude.

This. Let Billy Mac go back to creeping young girls (tho stay away from Westwood). He's horrible. No bball knowledge just repeats surface level garbage he hears on ESPN. Trudell, Spero Dedes are much better. Stu is color commentator so even he has less impact on your listening experience in general. Play by play should be someone with more knowledge of the game. Billy Mac is a perfect host for some obscure Sports Show like Bass Fishing or Curling.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

And now Dieter Ruehle, Laker organist, has retired.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Ireland is a loyalist and apologist but he's got pedestrian level skills as a play-by-play guy. Even Billy Mac is better. Oh Lord. From Golden Throat to this.

You're spot on about John Ireland. He's a loyal guy but his so-called "words-eye" view leaves a lot to be desired. Chick would approach up to 200 words per minute on his broadcasts and he'd keep up with the action. John Ireland? Well, not so much. How many times have we all heard the crowd roar in the background before he finally gets around to calling a bucket?

While I understand that John Ireland does Chickisms as an homage, it's tough to be reminded the extent of how much we miss Chick's world-class legendary calls when Ireland's (for example) attempt at "in and out heart breaaak" just can't do it justice. Yes, he's now adds "as Chick used to say" but it just doesn't work.

The new reality is that talented play-by-play folks all seem to want to branch out to national games in some capacity whether it's football or NCAA basketball. Spero wanted to explore different opportunities so when Jeanie said he had to be full-time, he balked and bolted. Can't imagine what it would take to get Kevin Calabro or Kevin Harlan to come to the Lakers.

Looks like we're all stuck with Jeanie's friends as announcers for a while.
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

He didn't retire he just plays the organ for the Dodgers now.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:

Stu, please retire lol.

Yup that's what I was saying earlier. Ireland worthy were good to listen to. I actually like Ireland on the radio. I feel the intensity much more with ireland. Worthy has been waiting for his chance at color commentator for ages now. Thompson would vibe well with trudell on the radio given the fact they already have a radio show together with solid chemistry.

I hope the sml was not just an experiment but a preview of what's to come.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Damn, he was great. The Zelda and Game of Thrones themes always caught the attention of my friends who were roped into watching with us but didn't really care about basketball.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject:

Have you heard the commentators for other teams? Maybe you should be thankful for the commentators we have.

I don't mind any of them. Sure it is no deep philosophical commentating nor some overexciting play-by play calling. But there is nothing wrong with those two. Stus deeps voice really is relaxing sometimes
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Have you heard the commentators for other teams? Maybe you should be thankful for the commentators we have.

I don't mind any of them. Sure it is no deep philosophical commentating nor some overexciting play-by play calling. But there is nothing wrong with those two. Stus deeps voice really is relaxing sometimes

The other teams announcers are far more knowledgeable and prepared once you get past the fact that they're cheering for a team other than the Lakers. Neither Stu nor Billy comes across as a fan of the game to me. I can't think of a time either one referenced a play or game that wasnt a Lakers game and I'm pretty sure its because they never watch basketball outside of the Laker games.

I think Billy at least loves the experience and enjoys being at the games, whereas Stu is lazy and bored but knows a lot of people would kill to be in his position so he's hoarding it. As long as the next duo likes the Lakers, no one will miss Stu or Bill.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I associate Billy Mac with being negative about everything the Lakers do. Get rid of him.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Pretty negative article on Jen Swanson.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/firing-of-jen-swanson-might-be-sending-a-message-to-roses-camp/

You are right, not a promising article. Hope it's off the mark with reality.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

The Bulls have a knack for throwing people under the bus and blaming them for their problems after letting them go. And then the same problems happen the next season and they find another scapegoat.

Not a well run organization.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: