Lakers let Judy Seto go....hire Jen Swanson!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
Have you heard the commentators for other teams? Maybe you should be thankful for the commentators we have.

I don't mind any of them. Sure it is no deep philosophical commentating nor some overexciting play-by play calling. But there is nothing wrong with those two. Stus deeps voice really is relaxing sometimes

The other teams announcers are far more knowledgeable and prepared once you get past the fact that they're cheering for a team other than the Lakers. Neither Stu nor Billy comes across as a fan of the game to me. I can't think of a time either one referenced a play or game that wasnt a Lakers game and I'm pretty sure its because they never watch basketball outside of the Laker games.

I think Billy at least loves the experience and enjoys being at the games, whereas Stu is lazy and bored but knows a lot of people would kill to be in his position so he's hoarding it. As long as the next duo likes the Lakers, no one will miss Stu or Bill.

Maybe they are more prepared and more knowledgeable.
But that's not really what you expect from this kind of commentating. What they need is chemistry and voices that you can actually listen to.
And they have both.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: