LeBron James Met With "Kobe" Chants At Rams Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kei122
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: LeBron James Met With "Kobe" Chants At Rams Game

LeBron James arrived at the LA Rams game to a chorus of "Kobe" chants.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Should have been Laker chants instead.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject:

*waits for Kobe to be met with Lebron chants at a Browns game*
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

To quote Joakim Noah : "Why would anyone go to Cleveland?"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
To quote Joakim Noah : "Why would anyone go to Cleveland?"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aln0oMSkSUE
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Ok
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Kinda cringey. That was like 5 drunk guys chanting...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Kinda cringey. That was like 5 drunk guys chanting...

The Black Mamba still rules!
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobe still the king of L.A. at the moment. Lebron is still a beast though and the current best player in the world. And no Curry is not even close to him.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Lol at Lg Curry fans saying that Curry is almost as good as James. Kobe is a legend forever. James will have that same type of legacy. Curry will not and I love that!
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol at Lg Curry fans saying that Curry is almost as good as James. Kobe is a legend forever. James will have that same type of legacy. Curry will not and I love that!

Well I know two things Kobe is better than the both of them, and also revenge is coming and that's the main reason why Durant joined GS take the pressure off Curry. Well it help who knows. It's too bad that Kobe is retired because if it's prime Kobe Lakers will take out both the Warriors and the Cavs. So what can we do.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I like LeBron very much. I think he is the best player in the NBA. I think he is better than Kobe but I am being an honest basketball fan.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Well I know two things Kobe is better than the both of them, and also revenge is coming and that's the main reason why Durant joined GS take the pressure off Curry. Well it help who knows. It's too bad that Kobe is retired because if it's prime Kobe Lakers will take out both the Warriors and the Cavs. So what can we do.

Kobe isn't better than Lebron. Since 2007 he's never been better than Lebron.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Well if LeBron didn't choke in 2009 and 2010 he would had a chance to prove that in the finals.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Well if LeBron didn't choke in 2009 and 2010 he would had a chance to prove that in the finals.

Obviously, one would expect LA fans to prefer Kobe over LeBron, but choosing to voice it that way at a football game speaks to some insecurity issues (to say nothing of intoxication issues [and probably cognition issues]).

But as for the above bolded, two points ...

First, how in the (bleep) can anyone take the 2009 ECF (where LeBron contributed 39 points, 8 boards, and 8 assists on 49% shooting against that supposed #1 defense in Orlando) and the 2010 ECSF (where LeBron contributed 27 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists on 45% shooting against that "legendary" Boston defense that everyone STILL raves about in explaining away our NBA Finals Game 7 struggles, even though one of their defensive linchpins [Perkins] didn't even play against us) and conclude that LeBron choked in those series, ESPECIALLY with the rosters he was unfortunate to have surrounding him? Frankly, it's just straight garbage analysis ...

And second, when you throw nonsense out there into the ether like that ... you better be ready for someone to respond with an alternative view: like, maybe Kobe choked in 2007 against Phoenix (or else he might have faced LeBron in the postseason), and maybe he choked in 2011 with a back-to-back defending championship cast surrounding him (or else he might have faced LeBron in the postseason for a second time), and maybe he choked in 2012, too (or else he might have faced LeBron in the postseason for a third time). We didn't get to see those imaginary battles, so we'll have to live with the coulda, woulda, shouldas that AV loves so much. But, the fact remains that Kobe and LeBron played head-to-head in the R/S plenty of times. LeBron convincingly got the best of him. But of course the R/S doesn't matter, so feel free to disregard ...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&hint=Kobe+Bryant&player_id1_select=Kobe+Bryant&player_id1=bryanko01&hint=LeBron+James&player_id2_select=LeBron+James&player_id2=jamesle01
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject:

#youbetterbeready
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

He better take his ass to a Browns game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

kobe is better, and thus more deserving of the chants
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
#youbetterbeready

I just reserved the ethernonsense.org and ethernonsense.guru domains this morning ... looking for some great video game videos to mirror there, maybe yours?

anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
#youbetterbeready

I just reserved the ethernonsense.org and ethernonsense.guru domains this morning ... looking for some great video game videos to mirror there, maybe yours?

1. Thanks to you I just learned there was a such thing as .guru
2. Im all about that free promotion baybeh...lesss dooooo etttt
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Obviously, one would expect LA fans to prefer Kobe over LeBron, but choosing to voice it that way at a football game speaks to some insecurity issues (to say nothing of intoxication issues [and probably cognition issues]).

But as for the above bolded, two points ...

First, how in the (bleep) can anyone take the 2009 ECF (where LeBron contributed 39 points, 8 boards, and 8 assists on 49% shooting against that supposed #1 defense in Orlando) and the 2010 ECSF (where LeBron contributed 27 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists on 45% shooting against that "legendary" Boston defense that everyone STILL raves about in explaining away our NBA Finals Game 7 struggles, even though one of their defensive linchpins [Perkins] didn't even play against us) and conclude that LeBron choked in those series, ESPECIALLY with the rosters he was unfortunate to have surrounding him? Frankly, it's just straight garbage analysis ...

And second, when you throw nonsense out there into the ether like that ... you better be ready for someone to respond with an alternative view: like, maybe Kobe choked in 2007 against Phoenix (or else he might have faced LeBron in the postseason), and maybe he choked in 2011 with a back-to-back defending championship cast surrounding him (or else he might have faced LeBron in the postseason for a second time), and maybe he choked in 2012, too (or else he might have faced LeBron in the postseason for a third time). We didn't get to see those imaginary battles, so we'll have to live with the coulda, woulda, shouldas that AV loves so much. But, the fact remains that Kobe and LeBron played head-to-head in the R/S plenty of times. LeBron convincingly got the best of him. But of course the R/S doesn't matter, so feel free to disregard ...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&hint=Kobe+Bryant&player_id1_select=Kobe+Bryant&player_id1=bryanko01&hint=LeBron+James&player_id2_select=LeBron+James&player_id2=jamesle01

Exactly, one can prefer Kobe over LeBron sure but there's no objective way to argue Kobe is better than LeBron. Production-wise LeBron blows Kobe out of the water and his resume will be better with another 3-4 years of elite production. Although a very strong argument can be made that Lebron's resume is already stronger than Kobe's.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

I don't really understand the punchline behind chanting Kobe when LeBron is walking by.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

My top 5 all time is

MJ
Lebron
Kobe
Shaq
Duncan

The game has evolved. I can't put players from the 80's and before in top 5.

Lebron will probably overtake MJ when it is all said and done.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

Curry is overrated and a playoff choker.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I don't really understand the punchline behind chanting Kobe when LeBron is walking by.

Think of those fans as the urine Kobe left behind to mark the L.A. territory. They're just reminding him whose turf this is...I guess.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: