LeBron James Met With "Kobe" Chants At Rams Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
I don't really understand the punchline behind chanting Kobe when LeBron is walking by.

Think of those fans as the urine Kobe left behind to mark the L.A. territory. They're just reminding him whose turf this is...I guess.

these guys are a different class of fans than the people posting here. look at this thread, this is a laker forum and read the kinds of things we are saying, lol. imagine going to a cleveland board and saying "well, i love the cavs but lebron is no way better than kobe."

and then here we are criticizing actual, real fans for doing a perfectly normal thing for fans and wondering what kind of behavior is this?! like "omg i don't understand ?! lebron isn't a laker and kobe's retired, what is this,i dont get it?!" lol
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
I don't really understand the punchline behind chanting Kobe when LeBron is walking by.

Think of those fans as the urine Kobe left behind to mark the L.A. territory. They're just reminding him whose turf this is...I guess.

these guys are a different class of fans than the people posting here. look at this thread, this is a laker forum and read the kinds of things we are saying, lol. imagine going to a cleveland board and saying "well, i love the cavs but lebron is no way better than kobe."

and then here we are criticizing actual, real fans for doing a perfectly normal thing for fans and wondering what kind of behavior is this?! like "omg i don't understand ?! lebron isn't a laker and kobe's retired, what is this,i dont get it?!" lol

Some of us are Laker fans and see the game objectively.

I'm sure die-hard Kobe Stans would get offended at this thread but you can be a fan of a team and be rational too.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

I'm sure die-hard Kobe Stans would get offended at this thread but you can be a fan of a team and be rational too.

dont use stans, i got in trouble for it here. im going to have to report.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

It's true, I don't get it. If LeBron and Kobe had a real hostile rivalry I might see it but they didn't really have a rivalry at all and they seem to really like each other. It makes those fans look really insecure.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
*waits for Kobe to be met with Lebron chants at a Browns game*

Like Kobe would ever go to a Browns game....

I guess even LeBron doesn't hate his kids enough to raise them as Browns fans.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

It's true, I don't get it. If LeBron and Kobe had a real hostile rivalry I might see it but they didn't really have a rivalry at all and they seem to really like each other. It makes those fans look really insecure.

wow
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

At the end of the day Kobe is the greatest still

go lakers!
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Please explain how as a whole Lebron's career is better then Kobe's

Still waiting for that
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Lol at Lg Curry fans saying that Curry is almost as good as James. Kobe is a legend forever. James will have that same type of legacy. Curry will not and I love that!

Curry is overrated and a playoff choker.
No he's not. Curry is.. not uber athletic, nor is he very tall or very long. So at the end of the day when push comes to shove the monster with hyper athletic abilities will probably wear you down. I should have said monsters meaning the duran'ts westbrooks, and lebrons. Since curry had to beat 2 western conf monsters first then lost to an eastern conf monster in the end.

You wont find a less athletic, smaller guy that has been as good as curry. Curry is as good as he is based 98% on skill, not God given athleticism or height/length.

Before the curry haters say it. I know there have been plenty of smaller guys who have played very well. Those guys were also faster/quicker than curry. Kobe was tall, long, and super athletic in his prime. Lebron is super tall, super big, and super athletic. durant is uber tall, very athletic, westbrook is uber athletic. Kyrie is super quick with crazy break pads. which is how he can go full speed in one direction and stop on a dime. Most players can't do that. curry can't(bad ankles).
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

What does he expect? This is LA. Somebody remind Lebron he's a cavalier. Let him go to a Browns game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Not even Lebron has faith in the Browns....they had the #2 pick in the draft and traded it to Philly who subsequently turned around and drafted Carson Wentz.....
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

Aside from a couple more NBA and undeserving Defensive teams, what does Kobe have over Lebron?

Lebron has more MVP's, more Finals MVP's, way more dominant stats (advanced and basic popcorn stats) and impacted the game in more diverse ways than anyone in NBA history. Aside from Kobe's longevity accomplishments (which Lebron is going to surpass anyways,) I can confidently say Lebron is better than Kobe any way you want to slice it.

Dude put up the greatest Finals performance ever. NO ONE in NBA history could've done what he did. I think he's cemented himself as #2 all time. I doubt he'll touch Jordan but the guy is only 31.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Not even Lebron has faith in the Browns....they had the #2 pick in the draft and traded it to Philly who subsequently turned around and drafted Carson Wentz.....

all the more reason for Lebron to go there. He's got to try to bring the Browns some good luck. He can't be making too many clevelanders happy by going to a Rams game.

Imagine DLO going to a Patriots game. He'd be ridiculed here for starters, he also probably wouldn't make it out of foxboro alive anyway. Lebron's lucky he just got Kobe chants in his ears....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

Please explain how Lebron's career is "whole" since he has years left to play. I will wait.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

Please explain how Lebron's career is "whole" since he has years left to play. I will wait.

I cant...but that is pretty much the point.

I think that the poster that claims Lebron James is the better player the burden of proof falls on him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Yes, and it is a good point.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

It's a solid point. Gotta wait and see how LeBron's career unfolds. If he wins a few more and bows out gracefully before his decline I think it'll be hard to argue Kobe over him. But if pulls a... well, a Kobe and goes on an extended two-year retirement tour while taking up a huge chunk of his team's salary cap then I think that'll make the two a lot more even.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

It's a solid point. Gotta wait and see how LeBron's career unfolds. If he wins a few more and bows out gracefully before his decline I think it'll be hard to argue Kobe over him. But if pulls a... well, a Kobe and goes on an extended two-year retirement tour while taking up a huge chunk of his team's salary cap then I think that'll make the two a lot more even.

I'm sorry but if Lebron is better then Kobe it has nothing to do with Kobe's last two seasons. It is because of seven finals appearances, including six straight. Three finals Mvps. Perhaps pulling off the greatest upset in finals histor? Going down 3-1 to greatest regular season team in history and winning game 7 on their home floor.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Sketchy thread implosion in 3...
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

I'm sorry but if Lebron is better then Kobe it has nothing to do with Kobe's last two seasons. It is because of seven finals appearances, including six straight. Three finals Mvps. Perhaps pulling off the greatest upset in finals histor? Going down 3-1 to greatest regular season team in history and winning game 7 on their home floor.

Kobe did not need stars of other teams to combine to become the comical "super friends" in order for him to win his championships.....it was basicaly him and Shaq and him and Pao to make that happen.

Kobe is perhaps the greatest clutch player ever.....and the reason why Lebron gets upset when he goes to places like China is Kobe is basically a basketball god where Labron is simply a great basketball player

Let Lebron actually play with an injury like Kobe did with his multiple injuries and still be the clutch player and then we will talk.

Had Kobe not tore his achilles this is probably not even a discussion....let Lebron actually play with an injury and then we can perhaps compare greatness.......
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

Kobe did not need stars of other teams to combine to become the comical "super friends" in order for him to win his championships.....it was basicaly him and Shaq and him and Pao to make that happen.

Kobe is perhaps the greatest clutch player ever.....and the reason why Lebron gets upset when he goes to places like China is Kobe is basically a basketball god where Labron is simply a great basketball player

Let Lebron actually play with an injury like Kobe did with his multiple injuries and still be the clutch player and then we will talk.

Had Kobe not tore his achilles this is probably not even a discussion....let Lebron actually play with an injury and then we can perhaps compare greatness.......

Kobe did not need stars of other teams to combine to become the comical "super friends" in order for him to win his championships

Nope, all it took was for Kobe to constantly be surrounded by the best talent in the league. He didn't get Mo Williams as his second best player, he got Shaq, Malone (still productive,) Payton, Pau, Artest, etc.

.....it was basicaly him and Shaq and him and Pao to make that happen.

Oh poor Kobe. Straight out of high school and he gets gifted the most dominant offensive force of the modern era. JUST Shaq. Then a couple of years of 1st round exists, whining, demanding trades, calling out the front office, running said dominant force out of town along with the most winning coach in basketball history he gets gifted the best frontcourt in basketball. "Basicaly" Pau? lmao the Lakers' 6th man was better than the Cavaliers 2nd best player (Mo Williams.)

Kobe is perhaps the greatest clutch player ever.....

Okay, let's look at the numbers (updated as of April 1 of 2015) instead of lazy rhetoric pushed by talking heads on ESPN.

Regular Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 48 for 165 (29.1%)

LeBron: 29 for 99 (29.3%)

Last 30 seconds

Kobe (since 01): 54 for 176 (30.68%)

LeBron: 33 for 108 (30.56%)

Last 2 minutes

Kobe (since 01): 130 for 346 (37.57%)

LeBron: 89 for 227 (39.21%)

Last 5 minutes

Kobe (since 2001 season): 243 for 586 (41.47%)

LeBron (since 04 season): 189 for 434 (43.55%)

Post Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%)

LeBron: 7 for 17 (41.1%)

Last 30 seconds

Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%) (0 for 8 from the 09 post season till present day)

LeBron: 9 for 19 (47.30%)

Last 2 minutes

Kobe: 17 for 50 (34%) (0 for 8 in the last two playoffs; 2010 and 2011)

LeBron: 21 for 43 (48.8%)

Last 5 minutes

Kobe (since 01 season): 30 for 88 (34.09%)

LeBron: (since 06 season): 36 for 74 (48.6%)

https://swishnba.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/bwtxfczcmae-dec-large.png

Kobe is actually pretty bad "in the clutch. He just takes so many of them that his fans selectively remember the ones he makes.

and the reason why Lebron gets upset when he goes to places like China is Kobe is basically a basketball god where Labron is simply a great basketball player

Huh? What are you talking about? Who gets upset? Lebron is one of the most popular athletes in the world lol

So you're going to penalize Lebron for taking care of his body? He's been icing his knees since his rookie year lol. Lebron's durability should give him an edge if anything.

You think after 3 years with Byron Scott, we'd grow tired of this fake machismo about manning up. Oh and a newsflash, if Kobe hadn't torn his Achilles that wouldn't have changed anything. He'd instead get his behind handed to him by the Spurs personally instead of in a suit.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Still waiting for that

Kobe did not need stars of other teams to combine to become the comical "super friends" in order for him to win his championships

Nope, all it took was for Kobe to constantly be surrounded by the best talent in the league. He didn't get Mo Williams as his second best player, he got Shaq, Malone (still productive,) Payton, Pau, Artest, etc.

.....it was basicaly him and Shaq and him and Pao to make that happen.

Oh poor Kobe. Straight out of high school and he gets gifted the most dominant offensive force of the modern era. JUST Shaq. Then a couple of years of 1st round exists, whining, demanding trades, calling out the front office, running said dominant force out of town along with the most winning coach in basketball history he gets gifted the best frontcourt in basketball. "Basicaly" Pau? lmao the Lakers' 6th man was better than the Cavaliers 2nd best player (Mo Williams.)

Kobe is perhaps the greatest clutch player ever.....

Okay, let's look at the numbers (updated as of April 1 of 2015) instead of lazy rhetoric pushed by talking heads on ESPN.

Regular Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 48 for 165 (29.1%)

LeBron: 29 for 99 (29.3%)

Last 30 seconds

Kobe (since 01): 54 for 176 (30.68%)

LeBron: 33 for 108 (30.56%)

Last 2 minutes

Kobe (since 01): 130 for 346 (37.57%)

LeBron: 89 for 227 (39.21%)

Last 5 minutes

Kobe (since 2001 season): 243 for 586 (41.47%)

LeBron (since 04 season): 189 for 434 (43.55%)

Post Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds

Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%)

LeBron: 7 for 17 (41.1%)

Last 30 seconds

Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%) (0 for 8 from the 09 post season till present day)

LeBron: 9 for 19 (47.30%)

Last 2 minutes

Kobe: 17 for 50 (34%) (0 for 8 in the last two playoffs; 2010 and 2011)

LeBron: 21 for 43 (48.8%)

Last 5 minutes

Kobe (since 01 season): 30 for 88 (34.09%)

LeBron: (since 06 season): 36 for 74 (48.6%)

https://swishnba.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/bwtxfczcmae-dec-large.png

Kobe is actually pretty bad "in the clutch. He just takes so many of them that his fans selectively remember the ones he makes.

and the reason why Lebron gets upset when he goes to places like China is Kobe is basically a basketball god where Labron is simply a great basketball player

Huh? What are you talking about? Who gets upset? Lebron is one of the most popular athletes in the world lol

So you're going to penalize Lebron for taking care of his body? He's been icing his knees since his rookie year lol. Lebron's durability should give him an edge if anything.

You think after 3 years with Byron Scott, we'd grow tired of this fake machismo about manning up. Oh and a newsflash, if Kobe hadn't torn his Achilles that wouldn't have changed anything. He'd instead get his behind handed to him by the Spurs personally instead of in a suit.

Get carpal tunnel typing that? Cuz Lebron wouldnt have played with Carpel Tunnel lol

Oh by the way.....ask China who the most popular basketball player of all time is...hint....it ISNT Lebron
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
Get carpal tunnel typing that? Cuz Lebron wouldnt have played with Carpel Tunnel lol

Oh by the way.....ask China who the most popular basketball player of all time is...hint....it ISNT Lebron

Who the (bleep) cares what the people of China think re: the question of who is the most popular player of all time? First of all, "popular" isn't the same thing as "best". Not in sports, not in school, not in the workplace, and not in relationships. And when someone drops an avalanche of facts on your head, is it seriously your best response to resort to unfounded mythology humor and a diversion to the irrelevant matter of who is most popular in China?

Second, whether you crossed the streams intentionally or not, many here (many people are saying ...) repeatedly ignore or repudiate the near consensus opinions in the sports journalism community re: relative greatness. But many of those same people are seemingly quick to elevate the opinion of a population that is overwhelmed with lack of awareness, lack of information, and lack of perspective re: these matters.

Who the (bleep) cares what anyone in China thinks when most of them have never even seen so much as a highlight video. Let's be blunt: it's nearly entirely uninformed groupthink over there w/r/t to this issue. But I guess it makes sense. In a lot of ways, China is a lot like the people who prosecute this nonsense here, too.

Lastly, close to 40% of this country of ours actually thinks Donald Trump is a viable presidential candidate, too. North of 50M will submit a vote for him to lead the free world in November. 50 million individuals. My point? The fact that mass numbers of uninformed people believe something doesn't, in and of itself, make the belief true.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:

Why would I ask China if MJ was the most popular player of all time? We know that. He wasn't the best, I happen to think Kobe was better. But there is no doubt he has been most popular.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: