Tulsa police shoot and kill black man who had his hands up
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Tulsa police shoot and kill black man who had his hands up

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/us/video-released-in-terence-crutchers-killing-by-tulsa-police.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&;WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

If this cop gets away with this (hate to say it) Tulsa will burn. That's straight up murder. I didn't see anything that would call for a taser, let alone a shot.

If she's not charged with murder it will send the message, it's OK to shoot unarmed Black men.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Disgusting.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

What in the hell!

My heart goes out to his family. That is straight horrible.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Why do police in USA keep shooting black people? I don't understand this crazyness in USA.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Why do police in USA keep shooting black people? I don't understand this crazyness in USA.

3. reasons

3. Some police are poorly trained and fail to use common sense and panic or they go into complete Rambo mode

2. there is still A lot of people in the USA that are racist

1. Those racist people have an easy access to weapons

Last edited by 999 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

The female cop who shot him didn't know what to do. Is that her running back and trying to open the squad car door and finding it locked, then just running off camera all together? She should not be a cop.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't care if you're left or right, this non-sense has to stop. There HAS to be a national revision of the RoE for law enforcement. This is ridiculous.

Stopped Car Situation + Compliant suspect = Shooting death? What is going on?!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I guess kapernick is still just a little self consumed prick...

something must be done.. really
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Well, he actually is, but that has nothing to do with his protest.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Wow. How is that not murder?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
The female cop who shot him didn't know what to do. Is that her running back and trying to open the squad car door and finding it locked, then just running off camera all together? She should not be a cop.

What a crappy way to find out.

Now a bunch of people are withiut a loved one because someone who shouldnt have become a cop decided to become a cop.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

No the cop that shot him was the one in the beginning following him from behind.

The cops try to hide themselves that's why they walked backwards towards the police car
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

What a crappy way to find out.

Now a bunch of people are withiut a loved one because someone who shouldnt have become a cop decided to become a cop.

Nepotism
Someone was hired who shouldn't have been hired...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Not a fan of how Kaepernick is protesting but I think this is exactly why he is
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

+1 That's exactly how I feel.

However I also think if he hadn't chosen to sit for the anthem the protest wouldn't have gotten the attention it has.

A double edged sword.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

He's done a fine job raising awareness to the issue. Hopefully he now has the common sense to use some of the proceeds from his jersey sales to aid victims of police violence through his foundation. Otherwise see OLG's post above.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

Terence Crutcher ignored Tulsa officer's commands before fatal shooting, attorney says

LINK

How is this not murder?

Quote:
But police video from the incident Friday shows 40-year-old Terence Crutcher walking away from the officers and toward his SUV with his hands up when one officer shocks him with a stun gun and he falls to the ground. He is then shot and killed. Police were called to the scene to respond to a report of a stalled vehicle.

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

If the officers were telling him to stop and he kept walking towards his SUV and reached into his window I can see them getting trigger happy, especially since those are the ROE in most departments. Doesn't excuse what they did, but if an officer tells you to do something, do not do something else. I can't help but think he'd be alive if he'd just stayed put and did exactly as ordered

ROE need to be changed at a national level. Just see the other thread on the front page right now http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=179402
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
If the officers were telling him to stop and he kept walking towards his SUV and reached into his window I can see them getting trigger happy, especially since those are the ROE in most departments. Doesn't excuse what they did, but if an officer tells you to do something, do not do something else. I can't help but think he'd be alive if he'd just stayed put and did exactly as ordered

ROE need to be changed at a national level. Just see the other thread on the front page right now http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=179402

Are you disregarding when one officer shocks him with a stun gun and he falls to the ground. He is then shot and killed? That was on the police video. I'm sue the RoE don't call for shooting a man down after being tasered. There were enough officers on scene to handcuff him when he was down.

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

You can't be serious. What are you talking about? The guy literally has his hands up and is not moving. Then they gun him down. There is nothing he could have done to prevent what happened. He came across a murderer and got killed, that's exactly what happened. We're not sitting here looking at video of a serial killer cutting someone's throat and then looking at the victim like they could have done something different. No. The victim came across a serial killer and got killed. There's no justification. There's no wrongdoing on the victim's part. The victim fell prey to a killer.

That's what happened here.

This was an execution.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

You can't be serious. What are you talking about? The guy literally has his hands up and is not moving. Then they gun him down. There is nothing he could have done to prevent what happened. He came across a murderer and got killed, that's exactly what happened. We're not sitting here looking at video of a serial killer cutting someone's throat and then looking at the victim like they could have done something different. No. The victim came across a serial killer and got killed. There's no justification. There's no wrongdoing on the victim's part. The victim fell prey to a killer.

This was an execution.

The article said they asked him to stop and he walked to the car with his hands up then reached towards his window. That's not following orders.

That being said, the response was grossly unjust and I hope the officer who shot him is charged.

You see this happen all the time, and its an indictment of the rules of engagement officers are taught in academy. Change needs to come down from a federal level because it sure as hell isn't happening at the state and local level.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Are you disregarding when one officer shocks him with a stun gun and he falls to the ground. He is then shot and killed? That was on the police video. I'm sue the RoE don't call for shooting a man down after being tasered. There were enough officers on scene to handcuff him when he was down.

It looked (and sounded) like the woman officer (who should be charged with murder) shot him at the same time as he was tazed.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

This was an execution.

The article said they asked him to stop and he walked to the car with his hands up then reached towards his window. That's not following orders.

That being said, the response was grossly unjust and I hope the officer who shot him is charged.

You see this happen all the time, and its an indictment of the rules of engagement officers are taught in academy. Change needs to come down from a federal level.

His window was closed. What, did they think he was Kitty Pryde?

Cops are liars. They lie all the time because they know they can get away with it, and they know people are just looking for any reason to side with them. They said he was reaching in his pockets too. At no point in the video does this man reach for his pockets. These are scumbag liars trying to get away with murder by making things up. If there wasn't any footage they would have indeed got away with that lie. Now think about how many times this happens but there was either no recording or the recording was intentionally destroyed. This is why they don't want bodycams. Because they know people will just take their statements as fact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: