Tulsa police shoot and kill black man who had his hands up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Protests have not done much to quell police shooting unarmed Black men. In fact it's seems to have had the opposite effect. How many unarmed Black men have been killed in the last two weeks. As I said before, I've lost count.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Was it a book? I've been looking for a response. I know a gun was found. Was it registered? So many unanswered questions.

Quote:
In the video, the woman said her father was sitting in his car reading a book and waiting for the school bus to drop off his son. She claimed that her father was Tasered and then shot four times, and that he was disabled.

“IT WAS A BOOK” one protester’s sign read.

Police declined to respond directly to the woman’s accusations.

We'll never know truly. Chances are they planted a gun to cover their crime.

"Chances are"?

Pretty Good:

Quote:
Newly released footage has shed a troubling new light on a 2011 police shooting in St. Louis, showing an officer gun down a black suspect and then planting a gun on the crime scene.

Officer Jason Stockley and his partner Brian Bianchi had engaged drug suspect Anthony Lamar Smith in a high speed chase. Stockley can be heard saying “I’m going to kill this (bleep).”

The police rammed Smith off the road, and camera footage shows Stockley shooting five shots into the driver’s seat of Smith’s disabled car.

New footage now reveals Stockley taking a gun out of a duffel back from the back of his own cruiser and planting it on Smith’s body. Stockley claimed in his report that Smith had pointed the weapon at him, justifying the use of lethal force.

Subsequent DNA evidence on the gun, however, did not contain any DNA or fingerprints from Smith.

Cop Planting Gun

That equates to "pretty good chance" in this case? Come on man, you're smarter than that.

Cops have been planting guns for decades. It's no secret. Come on man, you're smarter than that . . . if not, you should be.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

I think it would behoove everyone on both sides to wait for facts to come out, agreed. It's so easy to pass hasty judgement.

It could be this was an innocent guy with a book, or it could be he had an illegal weapon. We don't really know yet for sure.

Simply possessing a weapon, even an illegal one, is not justification for killing someone.

The presence of a gun on scene means little if there was no imminent threat involved. So finding a gun on scene doesn't mean much in terms of validating the shooting.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Are all black people bad because cops get shot by black people at a rate 18 times greater than cops shoot black people? Hell no.

FBI: More White Offenders Kill Police Officers than Black Offenders
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Are all black people bad because cops get shot by black people at a rate 18 times greater than cops shoot black people? Hell no.

I'm well aware that whites kill more officers.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Was it a book? I've been looking for a response. I know a gun was found. Was it registered? So many unanswered questions.

Quote:
In the video, the woman said her father was sitting in his car reading a book and waiting for the school bus to drop off his son. She claimed that her father was Tasered and then shot four times, and that he was disabled.

"Chances are"?

Pretty Good:

Quote:
Newly released footage has shed a troubling new light on a 2011 police shooting in St. Louis, showing an officer gun down a black suspect and then planting a gun on the crime scene.

Officer Jason Stockley and his partner Brian Bianchi had engaged drug suspect Anthony Lamar Smith in a high speed chase. Stockley can be heard saying “I’m going to kill this (bleep).”

The police rammed Smith off the road, and camera footage shows Stockley shooting five shots into the driver’s seat of Smith’s disabled car.

New footage now reveals Stockley taking a gun out of a duffel back from the back of his own cruiser and planting it on Smith’s body. Stockley claimed in his report that Smith had pointed the weapon at him, justifying the use of lethal force.

Subsequent DNA evidence on the gun, however, did not contain any DNA or fingerprints from Smith.

Cop Planting Gun

That equates to "pretty good chance" in this case? Come on man, you're smarter than that.

Cops have been planting guns for decades. It's no secret. Come on man, you're smarter than that . . . if not, you should be.

I don't automatically assume cops are planting evidence. Sorry, it is what it is. If someone assumes they always plant evidence that's their right, I guess.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

I think it would behoove everyone on both sides to wait for facts to come out, agreed. It's so easy to pass hasty judgement.

It could be this was an innocent guy with a book, or it could be he had an illegal weapon. We don't really know yet for sure.

Simply possessing a weapon, even an illegal one, is not justification for killing someone.

The presence of a gun on scene means little if there was no imminent threat involved. So finding a gun on scene doesn't mean much in terms of validating the shooting.

No (bleep). I guess I should have said "an illegal weapon making a threatening move"
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

The total # is higher for whites by a few percentage points but black people represent only 12% of the population...
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

So... there's one rioter in Charlotte that has died after being shot by a police officer.

...and then there's other rioters doing stuff like this...
https://twitter.com/WCCBCharlotte/status/778788105469960192/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Trying to throw an unconscious reporter into a fire. WTF?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
So... there's one rioter in Charlotte that has died after being shot by a police officer.

https://twitter.com/WCCBCharlotte/status/778788105469960192/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Trying to throw an unconscious reporter into a fire. what the heck?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the mob....
We had a lot of these things happen during the LA Riots.....I think something like 55 people died and thousands injured.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

mother of god
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

"Chances are"?

Pretty Good:

Quote:

Cop Planting Gun

I don't automatically assume cops are planting evidence. Sorry, it is what it is. If someone assumes they always plant evidence that's their right, I guess.

There's a big difference between "I don't automatically assume" and acknowledging "there's a pretty good chance" when dropping plant guns has been a long time and frequent act that has been documented many, many times.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

The total # is higher for whites by a few percentage points but black people represent only 12% of the population...

Doesn't change the fact that if you're a cop, you're more likely to get killed by a white guy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that if you're a cop, you're more likely to get killed by a white guy.

Doesn't it change that fact, though, at least for cops who serve predominantly black communities?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

"Chances are"?

Pretty Good:

Quote:

Cop Planting Gun

I'm smart enough to know that suspicion due to some past cases doesn't equate to a "pretty good chance".

It just means that there may be legitimate cause for some distrust.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the mob....
We had a lot of these things happen during the LA Riots.....I think something like 55 people died and thousands injured.

What do you call people who hung Black men, cut off genitals, tongues, ears and fingers for souvenirs?

I'm pretty sure everyone here would call them dead scumbag sacks of excrement.

I don't get why you could even ask the question.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

What's worse? Throwing a unconscious reporter into a fire or hanging a Black man, cutting out his tongue, cutting off his testicles, fingers, ears and other body parts for souvenirs?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

What's worse? Throwing a unconscious reporter into a fire or hanging a Black man, cutting out his tongue, cutting of his testicles, fingers, ears and other body parts for souvenirs?

Both...both are bad.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

What's worse? Throwing a unconscious reporter into a fire or hanging a Black man, cutting out his tongue, cutting of his testicles, fingers, ears and other body parts for souvenirs?

Both...both are bad.

Agree, both are bad. However I asked which was worse? The fire would probably wake the reporter the Black mans fate is doomed not to mention the dismembering.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

What's worse? Throwing a unconscious reporter into a fire or hanging a Black man, cutting out his tongue, cutting off his testicles, fingers, ears and other body parts for souvenirs?

The latter would be worse because it involves way more than just attemlted murder.

What's the purpose of the question?

Are you implying that the reporter hung a black man?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

What does the first instance have to do with the second?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

The latter would be worse because it involves way more than just attemlted murder.

What's the purpose of the question?

Are you implying that the reporter hung a black man?

No.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I gleaned from the first that Blacks were throwing a reporter into a fire. That's why I fashioned the analogy.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I gleaned from the first that Blacks were throwing a reporter into a fire. That's why I fashioned the analogy.

This doesn't make sense.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Your analogy sucks and it makes it sound like you are justifying the violence of throwing the reporter into a fire....BTW, repeating the same argument doesn't help your case.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: