OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

I just hope we are able to find value signings this free agency instead of overpaying for marginal players. We wont be in a position to attract the superstars (KD, Steph, Griffin, CP3, Lowry, Hayward) and it would take a major overpay to attract guys like Holiday, Hill, Gallo, Ibaka.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I just hope we are able to find value signings this free agency instead of overpaying for marginal players. We wont be in a position to attract the superstars (KD, Steph, Griffin, CP3, Lowry, Hayward) and it would take a major overpay to attract guys like Holiday, Hill, Gallo, Ibaka.

hope we skip all those guys.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Why? are we really in a great situation to skip talented players?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

@ the price those 4 will command...yes
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Agreed. None of those guys will take a 1 year deal. And multi years for those guys will be 15M and up. I don't define that as value.

I'd like to see a list of decent players who might take a one year deal for 7-10m. Those are the type of guys we need as we try to win some games and also give us an option to move them.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

everybody in the nba is a talented player. but they are mediocre. so we skip them
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

What will Bogdanovich command?

This is where MozDeng really hurts (hate to beat a dead horse.) Overpaying for middling talent wouldn't be so bad if the previous regime didn't already check that box with a gold Sharpie.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

everybody in the nba is a talented player. but they are mediocre. so we skip them

So who do you add then?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

greenfrog wrote:

This is where MozDeng really hurts (hate to beat a dead horse.) Overpaying for middling talent wouldn't be so bad if the previous regime didn't already check that box with a gold Sharpie.

Not sure but dude is going to get paid. He has basically been the best trade deadline pickup.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

greenfrog wrote:

I wanted him at the TD.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Eh Bogdanovic is best as a 6th man and he is going to get paid...

I would rather keep Nick Young to play that role on a more favorable contract if possible.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

So who do you add then?

wait till 2018. Cousins, PG13
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I would rather keep Nick Young to play that role on a more favorable contract if possible.

Favorable by how much, 3 or 4 mill? I don't trust Nick on another multi-year deal either after how he responded getting the last one. Culture-wise we'd better off without him as well. He just looks too comfortable losing for my taste.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

So who do you add then?

OK- Steph and KD are not going anywhere.

Griffin- not worth a max deal IMO. His game is predicated on hops and he will start loosing those soon. CP3 and Lowry are on the wrong side of 30 and I don't want any more Deng like deals for players of that age for obvious reasons.

Hayward I approve of but it will be hard to land him on a last place team.

I don't want to max out Holiday because he is not a max contract player. Let NO overpay to keep him. Ibaka is declining fast, another Deng type signing.

I've been saying it all along, the free agents suck this year and I don't really want to blow our cap space on any other them outside of Hayward.

Better to save it up for 2018 when PG13 will be a FA. Don't spend it just to spend it like Jimbo did with did with Mozzer and Deng.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

So who do you add then?

OK- Steph and KD are not going anywhere.

Griffin- not worth a max deal IMO. His game is predicated on hops and he will start loosing those soon. CP3 and Lowry are on the wrong side of 30 and I don't want any more Deng like deals for players of that age for obvious reasons.

Hayward I approve of but it will be hard to land him on a last place team.

I don't want to max out Holiday because he is not a max contract player. Let NO overpay to keep him. Ibaka is declining fast, another Deng type signing.

I've been saying it all along, the free agents suck this year and I don't really want to blow our cap space on any other them outside of Hayward.

Better to save it up for 2018 when PG13 will be a FA. Don't spend it just to spend it like Jimbo did with did with Mozzer and Deng.

Yea, you pretty much nailed all the issues with each of the notable FAs for this summer. I wouldn't sign any of them either. Like you said, Hayward is not coming here. Save the cap space, not worth it!
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Favorable by how much, 3 or 4 mill? I don't trust Nick on another multi-year deal either after how he responded getting the last one. Culture-wise we'd better off without him as well. He just looks too comfortable losing for my taste.

Well first off Bogdanovic will probably get max years I wouldn't be surprise if he gets something like 12-15 mill a year over 4 seasons.

Where I see Young getting something like 8-10 over 3...

so a 3yr 30 million deal vs a 4yr 50...

Not saying this is going to be the case, but I feel like Young wants to be IN LA and might take a somewhat reduced rate.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Quote:
We got the 'good' Mirotic tonight, as opposed to the guy who shot a combined 14-of-42 from the field (33.3 percent) in his previous four games. He's averaging just 4.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 0.5 steals and 0.9 blocks in March, while shooting 37.0 percent from the field. Tonight's game is a vivid reminder of his upside, but as every former Mirotic owner already knows, he's wildly inconsistent.

This is the kinda stuff that makes my head hurt. People always think the grass is greener.

For sure Mirotic has been inconsistent you are right...But I think the Bulls FO and team in general has been inconsistent as well...For a while they weren't playing him, now hes starting again, are they firing Hoidberg, are they trying to trade Butler, Rondo was benched and now starting....I'm not saying this is the reason for his inconsistent play but it doesn't help...

My point overall is Mirotic could potentially be had on a 3 yr 30 mill type deal. Which IMO as a guy whos 26 and plays "stretch 4". Has a lot of upside relative to his contract length and size.

Who really knows what Chicago is gonna do this summer. They could still make they playoffs which changes a lot of things obviously.

That being said if we decide to part ways with randle. Mirotic would be the guy I target to play power forward.

And it would be a huge step backwards.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

So who do you add then?

They aren't guaranteed to come here.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

So who do you add then?

They aren't guaranteed to come here.

How did signing Moz/Deng worked out for us?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Look, of course you wait for PG and Cousins of there available, I agree with you, but I think the Lakers motive is that they are gonna be in the FA game this summer so they are gonna try adding talent now even if it isn't start talent.. 4 years of losing is enough.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Look, of course you wait for PG and Cousins of there available, I agree with you, but I think the Lakers motive is that they are gonna be in the FA game this summer so they are gonna try adding talent now even if it isn't start talent.. 4 years of losing is enough.

The FO goal is to win championships & not sign mediocre players
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Draft Ball.

Trade JC, Mozgov and the Houston 1st for Brook Lopez.

Re-sign Young and sign Livingston.

Ball/Livingston
Russell/Young
Ingram/Deng
Randle/Nance
Lopez/Zubac

Then in 2018 sign PG13.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

2nd worst NBA team can't skip anyone.
We only have to hope someone wants to sign for the Lakers.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Agreed. None of those guys will take a 1 year deal. And multi years for those guys will be 15M and up. I don't define that as value.

I'd like to see a list of decent players who might take a one year deal for 7-10m. Those are the type of guys we need as we try to win some games and also give us an option to move them.

How many more years do you want to go on losing games?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

2nd worst NBA team can't skip anyone.
We only have to hope someone wants to sign for the Lakers.

People were acting like we were too good for DeMar DeRozan last year, man.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 407 of 1813
Jump to: