OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 432, 433, 434 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
I think Masai traded for Ibaka knowing he will demand the max. I think there is an understanding there but Masai also let Biyombo walk so lets see

He needs to pay a max to Lowry, re-sign Patterson, and max Ibaka? Don't see it. Unless they unload Val for 0$.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Paul George and Jimmy Butler were involved in trade rumors at the deadline, and all indications are that those conversations will resume this offseason. One front-office source told me recently that Butler is “as good as gone,” while George sounds like a player who wants out. “There’s no urgency, no sense of urgency, no winning pride,” George told reporters after Tuesday’s loss. “This locker room is just not pissed off enough.”

https://theringer.com/cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-love-andrew-wiggins-nba-trade-c39d8a560866
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Paul George and Jimmy Butler were involved in trade rumors at the deadline, and all indications are that those conversations will resume this offseason. One front-office source told me recently that Butler is “as good as gone,” while George sounds like a player who wants out. “There’s no urgency, no sense of urgency, no winning pride,” George told reporters after Tuesday’s loss. “This locker room is just not pissed off enough.”

https://theringer.com/cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-love-andrew-wiggins-nba-trade-c39d8a560866

I think Butler will end up in Minnesota....Some sort of package around Dunn/pick/LAvine

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

https://theringer.com/we-saw-the-future-of-basketball-and-in-it-everyone-looks-like-a-unicorn-7c705d2aeeff

Interesting from a FA standpoint. The future of the big man is to have more stretch-ability. We have guys who aren't that and on defense, our bigs like Zub/Moz are the antithesis of mobile defenders.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
I think Masai traded for Ibaka knowing he will demand the max. I think there is an understanding there but Masai also let Biyombo walk so lets see

He needs to pay a max to Lowry, re-sign Patterson, and max Ibaka? Don't see it. Unless they unload Val for 0$.

they will let PP go. so it will be about Ibaka and Lowry.

no idea how is D Carroll doing
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I think Butler will end up in Minnesota....Some sort of package around Dunn/pick/LAvine

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

I'm not a Minny fan but I would love to see a core of Towns-Wiggins-Butler at least. I think there's some redundancy with having two talented scorers like Lavine and Wiggins who are crappy defenders
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

If we want we could easily beat that package. Dunn is looking disappointing. Lavine is coming off injury, and he's dependent on his elite athleticism. Their pick will likely be in the 8-11 range. Plus, not sure how much the Bulls want to gift Thibs a top 15 player.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

If we want we could easily beat that package. Dunn is looking disappointing. Lavine is coming off injury, and he's dependent on his elite athleticism. Their pick will likely be in the 8-11 range. Plus, not sure how much the Bulls want to gift Thibs a top 15 player.

I agree...Bulls are going to blow it up, especially if they don't make the playoffs which seems more and more likely..

Butler, wade, Mirotic, Rondo should all be available...

If lakers keep there pick I wouldn't mind a package that started with DLO for Butler...

But honestly the more I think about it, the general layout of new CBA...I would be hesitant to trade something like Dlo/pick or DLO/INgram...

I think most I would do it DLO/Huoston pick/Clarkson...if that doesn't get it done I don't think we should pull trigger...

Before I said something like DLO/Randle/Houston pick but I think my mind has changed on that type of package.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

Boston could easily beat that offer too. If they get Butler then it's more likely that we'll get PG13.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

I agree...Bulls are going to blow it up, especially if they don't make the playoffs which seems more and more likely..

If lakers keep there pick I wouldn't mind a package that started with DLO for Butler...

But honestly the more I think about it, the general layout of new CBA...I would be hesitant to trade something like Dlo/pick or DLO/INgram...

I think most I would do it DLO/Huoston pick/Clarkson...if that doesn't get it done I don't think we should pull trigger...

Before I said something like DLO/Randle/Houston pick but I think my mind has changed on that type of package.

There is no way we will get Butler without surrendering two of DLO/BI/Top 3. That's too much right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

Boston could easily beat that offer too. If they get Butler then it's more likely that we'll get PG13.

While I hate to see Boston improve, I'm hoping they get Hayward and then feel happy enough with their wing situation and move off from PG13.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

While I hate to see Boston improve, I'm hoping they get Hayward and then feel happy enough with their wing situation and move off from PG13.

Would Boston have enough cap for PG13 trade and Hayward signing? Only reason I ask is b/c I have a hunch that Hayward will be their primary target. He seems like the perfect star for Boston, in addition to the Brad Stevns connection.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

My hope is Boston goes for Butler which will make us the most likely target for PG13. This also makes sense for Boston because Butler has a longer and will be a cheaper contract while also is not an inferior player than PG13.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

Would Boston have enough cap for PG13 trade and Hayward signing? Only reason I ask is b/c I have a hunch that Hayward will be their primary target. He seems like the perfect star for Boston, in addition to the Brad Stevns connection.

At that point, not sure Boston sees the need to empty its future assets if they have Hayward (who plays the same position as PG13).
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Grind wrote:

At that point, not sure Boston sees the need to empty its future assets if they have Hayward (who plays the same position as PG13).

Yeah, I just hope Ainge doesn't get 'superteam' syndrome and goes Rambo this offseason. However, if they do go all in on Hayward, I like our chances at PG13 much better.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Yeah, I just hope Ainge doesn't get 'superteam' syndrome and goes Rambo this offseason. However, if they do go all in on Hayward, I like our chances at PG13 much better.

I Think it depends on how far Boston goes in the playoffs...

They have to resign IT...Not sure if it makes sense to have IT, Hayward, Horford on max deals...

I think Crowder can make as much of an impact as Hayward and they have him locked up till 2020 on a very very good deal...Hayward might be a little better offensively but not by much and Crowder is an elite defender.

I think Celtics will want to remain flexible especially if they resign IT....Leaving some space for resigning Marcus Smart/Jaylen Brow/Olynk if they end up improving...

But again depends on playoffs this year.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Grind wrote:

They have to resign IT...Not sure if it makes sense to have IT, Hayward, Horford on max deals...

I think Crowder can make as much of an impact as Hayward and they have him locked up till 2020 on a very very good deal...Hayward might be a little better offensively but not by much and Crowder is an elite defender.

I think Celtics will want to remain flexible especially if they resign IT....Leaving some space for resigning Marcus Smart/Jaylen Brow/Olynk if they end up improving...

You might want to watch a few more jazz games. Hayward has become a legit alpha star, and he's really good on both ends. You trade 3 Crowders for a Hayward.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Grind wrote:

You might want to watch a few more jazz games. Hayward has become a legit alpha star, and he's really good on both ends. You trade 3 Crowders for a Hayward.

I disagree...Hayward disappears in a lot of big games and is not even close to the level defensively that Crowder is...

Secondly, I think its acutally Gobert who has elevated his play and become the star on the Jazz.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

Hayward can play the 2, no? My dream scenario involves getting Hayward at the 2 and PG13 at the 3 tbh
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
https://theringer.com/we-saw-the-future-of-basketball-and-in-it-everyone-looks-like-a-unicorn-7c705d2aeeff

Interesting from a FA standpoint. The future of the big man is to have more stretch-ability. We have guys who aren't that and on defense, our bigs like Zub/Moz are the antithesis of mobile defenders.

And Conor McDermott was there for the taking! Nuts!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Not if we play Ingram at the 4... there's our unicorn.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

imagine the wolves with

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns

There is no way we will get Butler without surrendering two of DLO/BI/Top 3. That's too much right now.

supply/demand & then on top of that: agent manipulation.

for all the output expected: i prefer Hayward goes to boston so they are out of PG/Butler derby.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Btw, this article would be more compelling if Wiggins didn't go #1 overall. I love the assumption that playing next to Lebron would magically turn Wiggins into Kawhi Leonard on defense because he would be taking fewer shots.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Getting either Butler or George is a win-win both can help us win.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not if we play Ingram at the 4... there's our unicorn.

Our unicorn is malnourished and can't fly right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 432, 433, 434 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 433 of 1813
Jump to: