OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Another reason an offseason trade for George is a near certainty: the all-star game is at Staples Center.

Oh absolutely. There is a 0% chance that LA will host an all star game without a Laker playing. For better or worse there will be a star on the team next season

All things considered (Celtics' superior assets, Ainge and Bird's relationship, Lakers needing a player in the ASG, Magic's need to put his stamp on the team), the Lakers really don't have any leverage. All the signs tell me to prepare for giving up the pick AND Russell or BI.

If we don't keep our pick, not only do we lose our 2019, but also likely lose both Ingram and Russell as well. Gulp.

so many assumptions

Indy will ask for Russell, Ingram, and top 3 plus our other pick because we have no leverage.

Yes we do....there are other players out here we can get. We'd laugh at that request. Russell, Ingram and top 3 is absurd...he's not Anthony Davis!!
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Another reason an offseason trade for George is a near certainty: the all-star game is at Staples Center.

Oh absolutely. There is a 0% chance that LA will host an all star game without a Laker playing. For better or worse there will be a star on the team next season

All things considered (Celtics' superior assets, Ainge and Bird's relationship, Lakers needing a player in the ASG, Magic's need to put his stamp on the team), the Lakers really don't have any leverage. All the signs tell me to prepare for giving up the pick AND Russell or BI.

If we don't keep our pick, not only do we lose our 2019, but also likely lose both Ingram and Russell as well. Gulp.

so many assumptions

Indy will ask for Russell, Ingram, and top 3 plus our other pick because we have no leverage.

That's ridiculous, there is no way on Earth they get a haul like that.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

What does the stretch four market look like this offseason?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

so many assumptions

no they are not, most definitely not for an expirer.

Also nobody is holding gun to magic's head to it. you just walk away

As someone here already said, there's 0% chance the Lakers host an All-star game without an All-Star. They also have to justify a ticket price increase for what's already one of the most expensive in the league. They don't have a believable "or we walk" threat.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

so many assumptions

Yes we do....there are other players out here we can get. We'd laugh at that request. Russell, Ingram and top 3 is absurd...he's not Anthony Davis!!

The most they would get from me would be Julius and clarkson plus the rox pick if I were feeling really generous. You never get equal value back for an all-star. We didn't for Shaq and Sacto didn't for Boogie.

IMO the people on this board saying BI and DLO and the top 3 pick are out of their minds. That would be a horrible deal for the Lakers. PG13 is not that good.

The Lakers are the ones with the leverage. I don't care about the allstar game. I care about the fact that PG telling Indy he is going to leave so you better get what you can for me otherwise I will be gone to LA in free agency. You should not be dealing from a point of desperation, you will get hosed every time and turn into the Knicks if that is how you go about things.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

so many assumptions

The most they would get from me would be Julius and clarkson plus the rox pick if I were feeling really generous. You never get equal value back for an all-star. We didn't for Shaq and Sacto didn't for Boogie.

IMO the people on this board saying BI and DLO and the top 3 pick are out of their minds. That would be a horrible deal for the Lakers. PG13 is not that good.

The Lakers are the ones with the leverage. I don't care about the allstar game. I care about the fact that PG telling Indy he is going to leave so you better get what you can for me otherwise I will be gone to LA in free agency. You should not be dealing from a point of desperation, you will get hosed every time and turn into the Knicks if that is how you go about things.

I didn't see anyone suggesting all three. It's most likely gonna be two of Russell/Ingram/Pick.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Top PF's available would be Blake Griffin, Paul Milsap, Serge Ibaka, Pau, Nikola Mirotic, Ersan Ilyasova, Taj Gibson, Dirk, Amir Johnson, Sully, etc.

Couple those guys can stretch the floor.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

so many assumptions

As someone here already said, there's 0% chance the Lakers host an All-star game without an All-Star. They also have to justify a ticket price increase for what's already one of the most expensive in the league. They don't have a believable "or we walk" threat.

since when did people paying for lakers ticket worry about price justification?

Magic has already said its going to take 3-5years to build back up. no idea why he would give the entire farm up to chase an expirer who can always walk
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

There's no way in hell that the Lakers are trading the top 3 pick and both Ingram and Russell.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

dumb reason to get rid of your young players and trade them for an all star to say that at least we have an all star playing in the game at our home area.

Last edited by laker4life on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

"I didn't see anyone suggesting all three. It's most likely gonna be two of Russell/Ingram/Pick."

Man, still too steep for me. That is lot of assets for a guy who is not even a franchise player. Number one, Ingram is off the table entirely. Kid is special.

DLO I could be convinced to let go, but not along with the top 3 pick unless they agree to take a Mozdeng contract as well.

If they ask for more, screw them. We will get him in free agency. And if we don't get him, then Oh Well? Who cares, he won't make that big of a difference. I would be fine to sit tight and let our younings develop for a little while longer.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

so many assumptions

Magic has already said its going to take 3-5years to build back up. no idea why he would give the entire farm up to chase an expirer who can always walk

What W/L record next season will be enough for people to say that Magic is doing a good job?

Will there be some grumbling if he can't break 30 wins next season?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

so many assumptions

What W/L record next season will be enough for people to say that Magic is doing a good job?

Honestly, if we had not started tanking so expertly, we could be near 30 wins with this current healthy roster. So yes, if we have finally stopped with this horrible tanking 30 wins is entirely attainable.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

what if the Lakers could get Butler/Mirotic for something like Randle/Pick/Houston pick
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

so many assumptions

I didn't see anyone suggesting all three. It's most likely gonna be two of Russell/Ingram/Pick.

fontana3d wrote:

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Any scenario where we can add both Blake and Hayward if can get rid of Deng & Moz?

If we keep the pick,

Trade 2019 1st/JC/Moz for a 2nd rounder. Maybe three team trade for a team that wants JC.

Randle and Deng for a 2nd rounder to Minny.

Zu/Black
Blake
Hayward/Ingram
DLo
Ball

Good pipe
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:

add Carmelo... Maybe I shouldn't laugh... I'll giv'em Julius and Mozzy for him but no more...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Making Melo a Laker will be a huge mistake; we'd be the Knicks...
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Practice wrote:

add Carmelo... Maybe I shouldn't laugh... I'll giv'em Julius and Mozzy for him but no more...

deng + Brewer + 1st. is the only value i give him.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:

but we'd have an allstar in the allstar game! It's possible NY does a firesale for Melo. Melo > Julius, I can tell you that much...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
deal wrote:

but we'd have an allstar in the allstar game! It's possible NY does a firesale for Melo. Melo > Julius, I can tell you that much...

Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:

Honestly, if we had not started tanking so expertly, we could be near 30 wins with this current healthy roster. So yes, if we have finally stopped with this horrible tanking 30 wins is entirely attainable.

Getting another 10 - 10 start for the season might be unlikely and they have to find quite a bit of outside shooting this summer when several other teams will be looking for the same thing.

Unless they are extremely fortunate in offseason transactions, I would expect 30 wins towards the higher end of expectations.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

deal wrote:

He's probably option C if we can't get Butler and George, nonetheless despite the preception of Melo he's a star in a sense that DeRozan is.. and is a market seller.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
deal wrote:

yeah if they are so desperate to get an All Star, thats a good all star to have.

you can't trade 2 young pieces in DLO AND Ingram to say we need an All star for an all star game
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Practice wrote:

deng + Brewer + 1st. is the only value i give him.

Top 3 first?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 435 of 1813
Jump to: