OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
davidse wrote:
I think that with some modest compensation we'd have a shot of swapping Mozgov for Miles Plumlee.

If we keep our lotto pick - I give up 2 2nd rounders to make that happen.

If we don't, it's a little more tricky, but I think it still has a shot.
He gave them nothing since they traded for him.

Guess that'd save us a few million in cap space every year and I've always liked plumlee, guy plays hard.

Mozgov doesn't play hard? From all my accounts he brought energy every time he was on the floor, regardless of how the team was performing.

Why give up a proven 7 foot center, to get one on a same deal, who has proven nothing in his career? Makes absolutely no sense. and willing to give up 2 2nd rounders to do it...cmon man.

There's a reason he was traded for Roy Hibbert and keeps bouncing around. Hes D-League material at best.

2 year age difference.

3-4m year salary difference.

Plumlee likely much more open to being a bench center (Moz still wants to start) when Zubac is ready.

Because he is hahaha.

And that's fine when Zubac is ready to start Lakers can think about Moving Mozgov.

I'm not opposed to moving Mozgov in the right scenario. But to dump him along with 2 2nd rounders for MIles plumlee...Cmon.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

Blackhart217 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
The PG to LA chatter is sure gaining steam around social media. I would say it's better to get him sooner than later. If he does happen to get traded to the celts for picks + something and the celts sign Hayward straight out, I could see a deep playoff run for the celts in the east and PG resigning there.

We also punted a lot of cap space for hometown guy derozan to come back, didn't happen...everybody thought Westbrook was coming...etc.

This can be a win/win for us. If we can attach JR to the deal it'll save us a ton of cap space. Dude is gonna want 20MM a year. I think at this point

Top 3 pick + jr + JC for PG + 18 would be cool.

With 18 we can get another PF prospect like Giles or Rabb and nance or Deng can start. I'm in the "let's make something happen" camp at this point I think.

My personal hope is that we give up nothing more than the #3 pick and fillers (and keep Ingram/DLO to pair with PG13).

But I think the FO is going to try to trade for PG13 this summer...hopefully not painful for the Lakers.

Ya top 3 for PG13 is only deal I'll make. I posted 3 way yesterday with Bulls

I would try to add another key player if I am trading for pg

When u say Top 3, do you mean (#1, #2 or #3) or only if we're at #3?

Top 3/28/rondo/black to Indy
Deng/ 2 2nd to Chicago
Pg13/monta to lakers

I'm still on the side of NOT trading #1 Overall if we get it (unless George wants to re-up immediately, which prob won't happen). But if you just mean #3 pick with this deal and dump Deng back to Bulls, I'm down.

And another key player I hope isn't Blake. Would hope the Lakers would sit on their capspace or find a good 2 yr team option guy.

mostly its the #3 pick. i would trade any of the top 3 for Porky tough
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
davidse wrote:
I think that with some modest compensation we'd have a shot of swapping Mozgov for Miles Plumlee.

Guess that'd save us a few million in cap space every year and I've always liked plumlee, guy plays hard.

Mozgov doesn't play hard? From all my accounts he brought energy every time he was on the floor, regardless of how the team was performing.

Why give up a proven 7 foot center, to get one on a same deal, who has proven nothing in his career? Makes absolutely no sense. and willing to give up 2 2nd rounders to do it...cmon man.

There's a reason he was traded for Roy Hibbert and keeps bouncing around. Hes D-League material at best.

2 year age difference.

3-4m year salary difference.

Plumlee likely much more open to being a bench center (Moz still wants to start) when Zubac is ready.

Because he is hahaha.

And that's fine when Zubac is ready to start Lakers can think about Moving Mozgov.

I'm not opposed to moving Mozgov in the right scenario. But to dump him along with 2 2nd rounders for MIles plumlee...Cmon.

My point is that it's cute for Moz to be "ok" with being a marginal bench player to let the kids play this year. Methinks if he is in a same role next year where Zub and others are playing ahead of him, could become a problem. He wasn't happy sitting on the bench on the Cavs his final year.

Plumlee? He knows his role. It's about roles I suppose. Not my trade idea but just trying to understand what the poster was saying.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

If Mozgov is relegated to the bench this season. Lakers have to trade or stretch him. Because its not a good look....You cant just have someone making 16 million sitting on the bench.

They have to decide early whether hes in there plans or not for this season..

If not they will need to find another Center who is capable of starting and holding his own for 82 games against. Gobert, Deandre, Cousins, Towns.

If they think Zubac is ready. Then by all means get rid of Moz...

If they think they can find a cheaper alternative to Moz....Hibbert, Aldrich, someone I'm not thinking about. Then do it...
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

The "poster" is making the same argument he made last offseason when he said we'd be better off signing any garbage place holder or even no one at all over giving Mozgov that contract.

And this is a step in that (right) direction.

Any reply that contains comments about Mozgov or Plumlee as players simply means you still don't get it. (although not sure how at this point...)
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
The "poster" is making the same argument he made last offseason when he said we'd be better off signing any garbage place holder or even no one at all over giving Mozgov that contract.

And this is a step in that (right) direction.

Any reply that contains comments about Mozgov or Plumlee as players simply means you still don't get it. (although not sure how at this point...)

Not sure if you are referring to me.

And if you are, not really sure what you are trying to say.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

Mozgov remaining salary: 54m
M Plumlee remaining salary: 37.5
-------------------------------
Difference = 16.5million

you do that trade any day. per year you are saving 3.5million
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
davidse wrote:

That wasn't a knock on Moz, there's nothing wrong with him...he's a decent backup C in the NBA. The problem really is that we payed him like a starter, a borderline all star C...it's not his fault. He played last year the same way he's always played...better than average offensively for his position and below average defensively. Although his defense was particularly poor this past year as was our entire team's
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Difference = 16.5million

Yeah. That's the way I saw it. AND, b/c Moz insists on starting while Plumlee is probably not going to make a fuss about it. Maybe 2 2nds are a bit pricey but who knows.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Teague and Conley are nearly identical: Teague is the same age (29) that Conley was last offseason, and in his previous five years Teague has averaged 15.3 points and 7.8 assists and shot 36 percent on 3-pointers. Conley’s five years entering free agency: 15.2 ppg, 6.9 apg, 36.9 percent on 3-pointers. Teague has been to one All-Star Game, Conley none.

Teague is going to get paid.

for posters who think Teague is just going to accept the 6th man role on the 2nd worst team
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
davidse wrote:

That wasn't a knock on Moz, there's nothing wrong with him...he's a decent backup C in the NBA. The problem really is that we payed him like a starter, a borderline all star C...it's not his fault. He played last year the same way he's always played...better than average offensively for his position and below average defensively. Although his defense was particularly poor this past year as was our entire team's

Mozgov is on the same level as

Monroe, Valanciunas, Kanter, Adams, Chandler, Dieng, Noah, Robin Lopez, Mason Plumlee, Mahinmi, Gortat, Biyombo, Vucevic...

and they all make ridiculous money!

He is a starter when the matchup calls for it!! He has proven that.

playing in the west we matchup against... Gobert, Jordan, towns, Cousins

Unless you believe Miles Plumlee or some random "place holder" which no one has given any name.... Who has proven nothing in his career, can come in and matchup against these guys and we have a winning team, its a stupid trade idea...

And you are right his defense was below average. But that has a lot do with the Lakers guards being terrible and allowing there players to consistently beat them off the dribble creating situations where Mozgov has to choose between his man and there's!
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Difference = 16.5million

Yeah. That's the way I saw it. AND, b/c Moz insists on starting while Plumlee is probably not going to make a fuss about it. Maybe 2 2nds are a bit pricey but who knows.

We got 2 2nd rounders for taking on Calderon's 1 year 8 mil deal.
Assuming we keep our lotto pick (so we won't have our own 2nd rounder this season), then any two 2nd rounders we'd give up to get this swap is worth it imo.
Can probably just give up those you got for Calderon.

Like I said in my original post - if we lose our lotto pick (and the 2019 1st), I'd be more hesitant to give up 2nd rounders and would look for some other means of compensation.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
davidse wrote:

Monroe, Valanciunas, Kanter, Adams, Chandler, Dieng, Noah, Robin Lopez, Mason Plumlee, Mahinmi, Gortat, Biyombo, Vucevic...

Unless you believe Miles Plumlee or some random "place holder" which no one has given any name.... Who has proven nothing in his career, can come in and matchup against these guys and we have a winning team, its a stupid trade idea...

And you are right his defense was below average. But that has a lot do with the Lakers guards being terrible and allowing there players to consistently beat them off the dribble creating situations where Mozgov has to choose between his man and there's!

No he's not.
Maybe a broken down Noah, but that's about it.

And he's definitely not a starting center in this league.

Last edited by davidse on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

Why give up 2 2nd rounders come on guys!!! think!!!

Think about whos been drafted in the 2nd round the past couple seasons...

Draymond, Zubac, Gobert, Jokic, Brogdon, Clarkson....There is so much potential in the 2nd round!

We need to make gambles in the 2nd round, we need as many assests as we can get...

I understand everyone hates Mozgov and his contract...But think!!!
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
davidse wrote:

No he's not.

Yes he is....You do know Biyombo, Valanciunas ( now coming off the bench) Kanter, mahinmi, Monroe, Mason...all come off the bench right?
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

If we want to be competitive in the Western Conference next season...WE need a center who we know can play 82 games, against Towns, Gobert, Deandre, Capella, Cousins, Jokic....

You cant just get some random Place holder, or Miles plumlee lol cmon...

unless you are ok with tanking again that's fine...

I'm not opposed to getting rid of Mozgov in the right deal...But we will need a center and Miles Plumlee is just not the answer...
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
davidse wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
davidse wrote:

No he's not.

Yes he is....You do know Biyombo, Valanciunas ( now coming off the bench) Kanter, mahinmi, Monroe, Mason...all come off the bench right?

You do know Lou Williams came off the bench and was our best player this year, right ?

Well, no, I guess you don't.
He "came off the bench", therefore anyone starting is better than him, and he's not any better than any other player in his position who's also coming off the bench !!!

Brilliant piece of logic.

Done with this.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

Cmon Davidse

You cant say Biyombo, kanter, Tyson Chandler, Monroe, mahinmi, Valanciunas, Dieng, robin Lopez

are better than Moz...that's just hater talk. they are all on the same tier...

there are only a handful of centers worth there money

Deandre, Gobert, Towns, Cousins, Howard (arguably)

Even Horford at max is terrible.

Mozgov fits a specific role. Set screens, roll to the basket, match up against 7 footers. In that criteria he is just as good or better than any other guy mentioned above.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Quote:
Teague and Conley are nearly identical: Teague is the same age (29) that Conley was last offseason, and in his previous five years Teague has averaged 15.3 points and 7.8 assists and shot 36 percent on 3-pointers. Conley’s five years entering free agency: 15.2 ppg, 6.9 apg, 36.9 percent on 3-pointers. Teague has been to one All-Star Game, Conley none.

Teague is going to get paid.

for posters who think Teague is just going to accept the 6th man role on the 2nd worst team

Curious why Teague would be considered the 6th man? Why not the starting PG?

Depending on the roster makeup after the draft/trades things could look different. Russell can play SG mpg. Still be a limited PG backup. Clarkson on the roster as the 6th man?

Options are there for the Lakers to add a starting PG to run the offense. My preference actually. Whatever they do I hope they can lure a free agent G. to the team. any of Holiday, Hill, Teague, Livingstone, Mills, ??? are intriguing for different reasons and costs.

Expecting Young to be gone, top G pick to be traded or a SF anyways. There is room for a legitimate PG. Russell and Clarkson both combo Gs IMO. Perhaps a re-signed Ennis makes a strong 3rd option at PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Cmon Davidse

You cant say Biyombo, kanter, Tyson Chandler, Monroe, mahinmi, Valanciunas, Dieng, robin Lopez

Mozgov fits a specific role. Set screens, roll to the basket, match up against 7 footers. In that criteria he is just as good or better than any other guy mentioned above.

The only guy I'd take over these guys (accounting for age, contract) is: Mahinmi.

Others: Biyombo (age)
Kanter (age)
Chandler (production, smaller deal)
Monroe (age, production)
Val (age, production)
Dieng (age)
RLopez (age, production).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

Why would any top FA want to sign with Indy if PG13 is not committing to stay there? If anything, they will overpay Teague.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why would any top FA want to sign with Indy if PG13 is not committing to stay there? If anything, they will overpay Teague.

Could be an interesting turn of events if the Lakers trade for George and then sign Teague in free agency.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Cmon Davidse

The only guy I'd take over these guys (accounting for age, contract) is: Mahinmi.

Others: Biyombo (age)
Kanter (age)
Chandler (production, smaller deal)
Monroe (age, production)
Val (age, production)
Dieng (age)
RLopez (age, production).

For sure I understand the age aspect of the argument. But that doesn't mean there production up until this point is any better than Mozgov.

All these players have strengths and Weaknesses.

For example: Monroe has great footwork on the offensive end. But plays below the rim. Cant run the floor consistently. And is terrible on the defensive side not only protecting the rim but in pick and roll...

Robin Lopez - is 29 one year younger than Mozgov. Played more minutes than Mozgov, around the same averages...

Dieng - 27 averaged 10 and 8 in 34 mpg.... played all 82 games which is awesome for a Center...

Biyombo - while he has upside due to age. Is undersized. No offensive game, Cant shoot fts... Really not much better than TROB at this point.

Chandler - 34 and while hes had a good career and still serviceable in limited minutes. cant really make any claims.

VAl- Is now coming off the bench, because he is to slow. Has age on his side...Offensively is a good player...But more in an iso sense, traditional big..not necessarily in Pick and roll and rim running...

Kanter- Great scorer off the bench...Youth on his side...But he isn't going to get taller and faster any time soon.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Look I know you have a vested interest in tooting Moz, but you're losing some objectivity here. You've asked a bunch of posters about who they'd have instead of Moz and we gave you answers. But you have a vested interest in "being right" about Moz so you won't relent.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Look I know you have a vested interest in tooting Moz, but you're losing some objectivity here. You've asked a bunch of posters about who they'd have instead of Moz and we gave you answers. But you have a vested interest in "being right" about Moz so you won't relent.

Ill be very clear again...

I don't mind getting rid of Mozgov in the right deal....But no one has answered my question...

who is going to start and play 82 games against Gobert, Towns, Cousins, Deandre, Noel....

If you think Zubac can do it fine. Trade Moz....

You cant just get rid of a center who has proven he can matchup against the best centers in the NBA and hold his own.

Zubac got absolutely destroyed when they put him against Cousins...it was like a kid in the park Cousins was just laughing...

Who is a realistic "placeholder" available that you can trust to start?

If you got someone then by all means get rid of Mozgov.

you also have to remember. This may not be the most popular place for Centers to come...knowing Luke likes to play small a majority of the time as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 546 of 1813
Jump to: