OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 580, 581, 582 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
I saw this trade being discussed on the Bulls board. Thoughts?

To Bulls: Ingram + Zubac + #2 + Deng + Mozgov

To Pacers: Russell + Randle + Clarkson + Brewer + Rockets 1st owed + Future Lakers 1st

To Lakers: George + Butler + Lopez + Canaan + Allen + Seraphin

Lopez/Black/Seraphin
Nance
George
Butler
Cannan

uh, no thanks.

I love the idea of George and Butler together but that's a good team that will never be great unless a guy like AD ends up here in a few years. Which if you managed the cap well, could be possible.

Still, I don't love it

Besides, couldn't we get both without sending that much out?

Inram + Clarkson + 28 + 2018 Denver 2nd for George
Lotto Pick + Randle + Brewer + 2018 Chicago 2nd for Butler

Zu/Mozzy
Deng/Nance
George
Butler
Russell

I mean, I still don't know if I'd do all that but at least we keep DLO/Zu/Nance and could potentially line ourselves up to attract another big time player in the future.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:

To Pacers: Russell + Randle + Clarkson + Brewer + Rockets 1st owed + Future Lakers 1st

we literally trade all our youth for George and butler?

no thanks
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:

Just curious, after all these trades (no youth, no mozdeng), do we still have a max FA slot to sign next to PG Butler?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I am pretty certain that we will be pursuing a trade for PG or another star this summer, and that we will also try to improve in free agency. But if we aren't able to get PG and/or if we can't use all of our cap space anyway (or don't want to), I had another scenario in mind...

Emplay tweeted that the Pacers have about $20MM in cap room, taking into account Teague's cap hold (if they use all of their cap room, they could also sign Teague at the end). So they would need to shed at least $10MM to have a max slot for a guy like Paul Millsap. They would need to shed Monta Ellis' burdensome salary, who makes $11.2MM in '17-18 and then has an $11.7MM player option for '18-19. We've seen Houston give up a 1st round pick--though it wasn't as high as #18, which is where the Pacers pick in this upcoming draft--in order to dump Lin, as they were in pursuit of a max slot for Bosh. Would the Pacers be desperate enough to give up #18 to dump Ellis? Maybe if we gave them the '18 Denver 2nd and the Chicago '19 2nd? Or if not the #18, maybe their 2018 1st rounder?

Just wondering if facilitating for them and picking up another asset might not be so terrible. And then PG leaves there after next season anyway and comes to us LOL. In all seriousness though, somebody would definitely facilitate for them and take Ellis if they were getting a 1st rounder out of it, and it might be a team like the 76ers, who seem to do this all the time. The Nets should also be in play for this, as they are way under the cap anyway and need picks big time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

That would not be a bad idea, if we can't get a star now adding more assets to get one in the future makes sense.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

The upside to the trade is, the big money would be allocated to the franchise guys, not MozDeng.

But now you're hurting for a C, PF, and PG with any kind of starting ability, and hoping to be in their mid to late 20s just like Butler and PG13.

Super slim chance of happening, but if that trade were pulled this summer, and CP3 opts out, there's that 0.00000000000001% chance he would go in as a Laker too.

Now you just need your anchor/PnR center.

I doubt it would be possible to lure both Jrue and Ibaka with any remaining cap room.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The upside to the trade is, the big money would be allocated to the franchise guys, not MozDeng.

But now you're hurting for a C, PF, and PG with any kind of starting ability, and hoping to be in their mid to late 20s just like Butler and PG13.

Super slim chance of happening, but if that trade were pulled this summer, and CP3 opts out, there's that 0.00000000000001% chance he would go in as a Laker too.

I doubt it would be possible to lure both Jrue and Ibaka with any remaining cap room.

is there enough $ for this 'super team'?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yeah, but 3 stars alone don't cut it.

More like 3-4 All Stars, near elite backcourt, + bench.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Spill512 wrote:

Lopez/Black/Seraphin
Nance
George
Butler
Cannan

uh, no thanks.

I love the idea of George and Butler together but that's a good team that will never be great unless a guy like AD ends up here in a few years. Which if you managed the cap well, could be possible.

Still, I don't love it

Besides, couldn't we get both without sending that much out?

Inram + Clarkson + 28 + 2018 Denver 2nd for George
Lotto Pick + Randle + Brewer + 2018 Chicago 2nd for Butler

Zu/Mozzy
Deng/Nance
George
Butler
Russell

I mean, I still don't know if I'd do all that but at least we keep DLO/Zu/Nance and could potentially line ourselves up to attract another big time player in the future.

I love the idea of a Butler/George pairing if it weren't for GS. Butler will be 28 this year and George will be 27 in a few days. I don't know where that leaves us cap wise, but I'd only do that deal if we could also bring in CP3. Otherwise we're talking about a team that's a piece or two away from having a chance against GS, and it may take too long to acquire those pieces given Butler and PG's ages. If you're going to purposely trade into this budding GS dynasty, it better be for a complete team.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I am pretty certain that we will be pursuing a trade for PG or another star this summer, and that we will also try to improve in free agency. But if we aren't able to get PG and/or if we can't use all of our cap space anyway (or don't want to), I had another scenario in mind...

Emplay tweeted that the Pacers have about $20MM in cap room, taking into account Teague's cap hold (if they use all of their cap room, they could also sign Teague at the end). So they would need to shed at least $10MM to have a max slot for a guy like Paul Millsap. They would need to shed Monta Ellis' burdensome salary, who makes $11.2MM in '17-18 and then has an $11.7MM player option for '18-19. We've seen Houston give up a 1st round pick--though it wasn't as high as #18, which is where the Pacers pick in this upcoming draft--in order to dump Lin, as they were in pursuit of a max slot for Bosh. Would the Pacers be desperate enough to give up #18 to dump Ellis? Maybe if we gave them the '18 Denver 2nd and the Chicago '19 2nd? Or if not the #18, maybe their 2018 1st rounder?

Just wondering if facilitating for them and picking up another asset might not be so terrible. And then PG leaves there after next season anyway and comes to us LOL. In all seriousness though, somebody would definitely facilitate for them and take Ellis if they were getting a 1st rounder out of it, and it might be a team like the 76ers, who seem to do this all the time. The Nets should also be in play for this, as they are way under the cap anyway and need picks big time.

I think the #18 pick would be the minimum....I would want a couple years to complete a pick swap also.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yeah, but 3 stars alone don't cut it.

More like 3-4 All Stars, near elite backcourt, + bench.

Honestly, if we could get Butler for Ingram and the pick, I'd just wait until George becomes a free agent and keep Russell and Clarkson. That's a starting PG and bench production.

Wish we could move to the East with that team.

I still don't know about throwing away the future for a run with that ridiculous GS team around.

I figure they have this year + 2(maybe 3) until their defense slips enough to allow another team maybe a chance to win.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

For better or worse but I think the Blake to Lakers angle is now in play.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

The Pacers probably won't know until the free agency period if they would have a real need for additional cap space, so the 2017 first round pick might be off the table in discussions for a salary dump in July.

There were some reports - rumors that Monta has a clause in his contract similar to that of Stuckey that allows the Pacers to opt out (waive) by the end of next season and have the 2018 - 19 part of the contract fall by the wayside.

Do the Pacers re-sign Jeff Teague, McMillan, Pritchard, and Bird, who stays and who goes, and Does Paul George resign this summer, play out the last year of his deal, or get traded?

Quote:

According to ESPN’s Zach Lowe Ellis’ contract has some weird language, if he’s cut before the end of the 2018 season his 2019 season salary is not guaranteed. The Pacers used this loophole to cut Rodney Stuckey and clear $7 million in cap space for this offseason. That could make Ellis’ contract an expiring deal for any team that trades for him.

If that is true, then Monta would be a $11.2 million expiring contract that wouldn't require a mid first round pick to move.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

don't want/need his low fly act...Magic knows better
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No that's my concern. He is the Magic type of player/move.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

then we are in big trouble...
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He is yet to make a move. So tough to gauge.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This FO is motivated to add a star player so they won't care settling for Griffin.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Blake has nice numbers but he's not going to get us anywhere. Clips would have lost either way without him and last year when he went out Clips rolled just fine without him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
Blake has nice numbers but he's not going to get us anywhere. Clips would have lost either way without him and last year when he went out Clips rolled just fine without him.

Even if we don't go anywhere, we will at least win a lot more games then the last 4 years...
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

whats his max? i see us making a play if Randle is gone in PG13 trade
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:

Even if we don't go anywhere, we will at least win a lot more games then the last 4 years...

I'll pass on Blake helping a mediocre Lakers team to 40 win seasons...
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This FO is motivated to add a star player so they won't care settling for Griffin.

FWIW, I like Blake.. but would remain wary of his injury history. If he's coming to team up with PG, or a player of that caliber then I'd be fine with that. But if he's the team's big prize then it'd be somewhat underwhelming.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That is true. I am sure they will talk to Blake's people and express interest, as they likely will with those of the other top FAs.

The problem with Blake is his inability to play full seasons.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

(ii) for any player who has completed at least seven (7) but
fewer than ten (10) Years of Service, the greater of (x)
thirty percent (30%) of the Salary Cap in effect at the time
the Contract is executed, or (y) one hundred five percent
(105%) of the Salary for the final Season of the player’s
prior Contract; provided,

So in the area of $30 million depending on the exact number for the Salary Cap. The latest estimate for the Salary Cap was $101 million, so the salary for a mid tier Max would be just over $30 million.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 580, 581, 582 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 581 of 1813
Jump to: