OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
So if July 1 comes, and Griffin says I'm leaving the Clippers but I wanna stay in L.A. to open up a endorsement business, how do the Lakers open up 30M in cap to sign Griffin if no one takes on Deng or Mozgov?

they don't...

So are you saying he would take a discount to come here?

I'm saying we are trying to build a championship team not hiring people looking for a payday
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
So if July 1 comes, and Griffin says I'm leaving the Clippers but I wanna stay in L.A. to open up a endorsement business, how do the Lakers open up 30M in cap to sign Griffin if no one takes on Deng or Mozgov?

they don't...

VicXLakers didn't say anything about Blake signing for a discount. Just that the Lakers aren't likely to jump through the hoops to have $30 million available this summer when the word so far is that they are more likely to wait until summer 2018 for significant moves.

Last edited by Bard207 on Mon May 22, 2017 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
John Wall is unsure about resigning with Washington....

link?

dlo/randle for J Wall is something i would do

You'll need much more than that. Try 2 of at least Ingram/DLO/#2 to start the conversation.

you think DLO/Randle/Zubac/28, 2018 1st is not enough?

The extra 2018 first round pick came from where?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

link?

You'll need much more than that. Try 2 of at least Ingram/DLO/#2 to start the conversation.

typo, 2019/20 which we can trade
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

link?

Either way Washington says hell no.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

they don't...

VicXLakers didn't say anything about Blake signing for a discount. Just that the Lakers aren't likely to jump through the hoops to have $30 million available this summer when the word so far is that they are more likely to wait until summer 2018 for significant moves.

I understand, but one of the LG mods said it best, no one is guaranteed to come here next year I think it was LakerSanity who said it, IMO the only reason why the FA talk is about 2018 is because Magic figures that everyone is gonna resign with there team or go play for a contender, but i highly doubt they are gonna stand pat if Griffin or Jrue Holiday are available.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

they don't...

I understand, but one of the LG mods said it best, no one is guaranteed to come here next year I think it was LakerSanity who said it, IMO the only reason why the FA talk is about 2018 is because Magic figures that everyone is gonna resign with there team or go play for a contender, but i highly doubt they are gonna stand pat if Griffin or Jrue Holiday are available.

Would you be okay with either of the following moves this summer?

1. Signing Blake Griffin on a four year contract with a salary of $30 million salary in the first year.

2. Signing Jrue Holiday on a four year contract with a salary of $25 million in the first year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

they don't...

1. Signing Blake Griffin on a four year contract with a salary of $30 million salary in the first year.

2. Signing Jrue Holiday on a four year contract with a salary of $25 million in the first year.

Absolutely, waiting for 2018 is risky, it doesn't matter how much cap you have, there is just as good of a chance of the Lakers not signing anyone.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

they don't...

OMG NO! I am pretty sure you are joking because $25 mil for Holiday is outrageous. DLO puts up the same numbers and he is only 21 and makes $5mil.

I don't want Blake either, guy plays no D and is going to get bad fast as his athleticism leaves him. We would have the all NBA overpaid team with them and Mozdeng.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

they don't...

1. yes.

2. no, but it's irrelevant. The Hornets are going to pay whatever it takes to keep Jrue since they have zero means of replacing him.
IMO, any talk of him as a possible free agent is a waste of time.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Clippers don't have cap for a replacement starter if Blake bolts. If Griffin wanted to come to the Lakers I would see if they would do a Deng swap. Maybe we could throw in #28 and Brewer. Seems like a Doc/CP3 kind of move. You could cash in Randle or Jordan for an asset to still have $ for George next year (or trade them for George).
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Clippers don't have cap for a replacement starter if Blake bolts. If Griffin wanted to come to the Lakers I would see if they would do a Deng swap. Maybe we could throw in #28 and Brewer. Seems like a Doc/CP3 kind of move. You could cash in Randle or Jordan for an asset to still have $ for George next year (or trade them for George).

I thought about that, but it's going to have to be Deng and Randle - which we should have no problem with since we probably move Randle anyway to help create the cap room.

Wouldn't mind just creating a tpe of them if they hate that package, but it's going to cost them a 1st rounder
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

they don't...

Absolutely, waiting for 2018 is risky, it doesn't matter how much cap you have, there is just as good of a chance of the Lakers not signing anyone.

No offense IG, but you tend to firmly inhabit a world of "what-if" when the rest of us at least try to keep one leg in the realm of "what is".

What if Blake Griffin doesn't care about money or competing?
What if Blake Griffin refuses to leave Los Angeles?
What if Blake Griffin wants to open an endorsement business?
What if Blake Griffin will take a discount to sign here?

Well what if Kevin Durant has secretly been plotting to sabotage to Golden State Warriors by tying up their cap space so he can leave in free agency to come to the Lakers and have an easier path to the championship on the sole conditions that we hire Smush Parker as our head coach and LaVar Ball as our general manager?

WHAT IF, IG?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

They would ask for Randle in a S&T. something I could see happening.. is the Clippers signing and trading Griffin to New York for Melo.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

They would ask for Randle in a S&T. something I could see happening.. is the Clippers signing and trading Griffin to New York for Melo.

Yeah, I'm sure Blake can't wait to go there.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure Blake can't wait to go there.

Hey, NY does have a lot of endorsements and entertainment industries.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

seems like ibaka staying with toronto. and if noel stays with dallas...our choices at center will be very limited.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Millsap opted out. Hope he doesn't sign with ATL or TWolves.

2 spots where Deng might fit

I don't think he's going back to ATL and I don't think the Twolves are close enough considering Millsap's age. My first thought was the clips, I think CP3 is going back...don't think Blake Griffin is. Millsap is a fantastic defender, Millsap + DJ in the middle would form the strongest inside D combo in the league. Sign a defensive minded SG and SF and the clips would look good again.

Even if the Clippers renounce Griffin they don't have cap space for Millsap unless he wants to play for the MLE.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

With us keeping the pick, I don't think we need to sign any player in the free agency especially when we want to keep the cap space flexible for PG13 in 2018. I am not even sure if we should give a huge one-year contract to a role player as some (if not most) people wanted to few months ago.

I was a supporter to give Young that huge one-year contract but now I think we should use that cap space for other teams to dump expired salary with future draft picks in return as what we did with Bulls the last offseason. Then we can use those draft picks as an asset to dump Deng/Mozgov next offseason.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
seems like ibaka staying with toronto. and if noel stays with dallas...our choices at center will be very limited.

Zubac, Mozgov, T Robinson
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

I think if we were looking for a center, it would be trying to create 2 max slot in 2018 to sign Cousins in addition to PG13.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I want Noguiera.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Marcin Gortat supposedly might want out of Washington
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

link?

Or it could be the option to switch 2018 picks.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Charles Oakley Says Carmelo Anthony Would Be A Bad Fit For The Lakers

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/22/charles-oakley-carmelo-anthony-los-angeles-lakers/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 1811, 1812, 1813  Next
Page 699 of 1813
Jump to: